• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:35:21 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: We Are the Champions Edition: Script Update (Intro, Chapter 1)

Started by Oroborobo, May 03, 2012, 05:42:27 am

Oroborobo

EDIT: Update with attachment rar file.
Contents of the archive:
  • Prologue and Chapter 1 script rewrites

• Brainstorm for Equippable zodiac stone mechanics and effects

• A sample system for Job Level based character growth

• Background and Description of a new lucavi boss enemy to be added

• Features some ideas for unique battle situations involving the climax of the first chapter

Old post:
Attached is the most functional version of this patch that I have. It's patch-able onto a clean FFT ISO with the most recent version of the FFTPatcher utility.

This is currently in the form of a vanilla mod that I'm attempting to rebalance the mechanics in as a solo effort.

However, my plans for the future incarnations of this will have a plan of progression beyond that, so that once I finish my run through of creating a playable body of freshier challenges that continue unto the end of the game, I can begin work on next cycles of modification that progress chapter by chapter and start when the previous cycle is somewhat satisfactory.

these cycles would be:

-Alteration of menu text so that all abilities/jobs/items describe what they are and not some completely unrelated nonsense leftover from their old function

-Actual make that -improved- menu text and descriptions to be fresher and more meaningful/interesting, even on the stuff that's still accurate from vanilla.

-Script edits. I will put funny things into the thing. I had something written here but man I hated it! what a shitty pitch

the next thing will be an example text scene to show what my intentions are.

-going along side script edits, party edits and sprite edits to go with different party additions
Lavian Alicia and Rad are probably gonna have to go, sorry to say (not really sorry)

I don't expect it to take anything less than months of my spare time, but well, it's what I feel like doing.

Got some more... something going on here.

Ideas for ASM:
Disclaimer: I'm not good at ASM, I'm more of an ideas guy, so this is gonna take a long time to see the light of day, unless someone else gets interested.

Brave and Faith to be replaced by a different concept (eventually).

This would be structured as follows:

First, create/borrow 2 new values that would increase Guts and Spirit each clock-tick, to a maximum of 100 like CT. This value would typically be lower than speed, and this regen rate is -fixed- according to job class. The reason for this, is because like most tactical games, in FFT speed is king. More actions means more turns and more freedom which means more opportunities to fix your mistakes or gain an advantage. However, under this system, a faster character reaches their turn while having recovered less power than a slower character.

The function of Guts and Spirit is actually similar to RISK in Vagrant Story (only basically inverted). Guts works for Martial attacks and Spirit works for Mental/Supernatural attacks (admittedly some physical attacks are "supernatural" and would probably have to be hybrids.) The higher your total Guts or Spirit, the better chances you have of resisting status effects, using reactions, or connecting with abilities. On the other hand, every time you use any ability, it depletes a certain amount of those two stats thereby reducing your effectiveness in battle, UNLESS that ability is designed to recover those values in which case it's usually a trade off for another stat or a condition needs to be filled (steal Guts/Spirit from allies/enemies, restore a certain amount when X (i.e. an  ability that recovers you if it kills a unit.))