• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:13:25 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Arena Beta 139c

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 06:11:37 pm

Dokurider

Quote from: Barren on October 05, 2014, 10:34:40 am
Also for some reason on the mem card generator while it didn't apply in game but on the spread sheet the phoenix blade (at least I think its the phoenix blade on a thief) gave it 256 speed. I cannot make this up

That's actually intentional-ish. Understandable? Anyways, it's how negative attributes are understood by the game. It does indeed add negative speed if you try it out. Because Memgen has yet to be updated to comprehend negative numbers, it'll just barf out that number, so don't worry about that, at least. Just keep testing!

Barren

Quote from: Dokurider on October 05, 2014, 10:48:00 am
That's actually intentional-ish. Understandable? Anyways, it's how negative attributes are understood by the game. It does indeed add negative speed if you try it out. Because Memgen has yet to be updated to comprehend negative numbers, it'll just barf out that number, so don't worry about that, at least. Just keep testing!

I tested out the phoenix blade and it does work in game. the attributes just caught me off guard is all. I will eventually test out for more....once I get home from work. I'm sure you'll find more before I do
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

October 05, 2014, 12:38:19 pm #222 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:56:42 pm by silentkaster
Master Guide Error...Wish Range is still 1 in the Master Guide.

Edit: Secret Clothes still reads 60 HP. Earth Clothes still reads 10 MP.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Dokurider

October 05, 2014, 01:22:42 pm #223 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:28:55 pm by Dokurider
This should fix that negative attribute overflow error:

Battle.bin
0018d5f4: 80a30003 lb r3,0x0003(r5)

FFMaster

Ok, updated to 139b. The SCEAP.DAT says 138, I did this as quickly as I could.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

silentkaster

Also, one thing I noticed about Geomancers...whenever they're loaded, their base stats are PA: 10 MA: 8 (and Vice Versa for females) but the Master Guide says 9/7 and Vice Versa...which one is accurate? (Or maybe it was already corrected in the patch?)

FFMaster

It's supposed to be 9/7 but I screwed up. Mime will have the same problem too =/

silentkaster

Oh, and two other things...

1. The ability Heal was not curing Stop in 1.38 even though the Master Guide said it should. Is this still the case? (I think it might be more relevant with the boost to stop and the addition of "Stall.")

2. Silk Robe was not raised to 40 MP in the Master Guide

FFMaster

Heal now does cure Stop status.

And thanks for noting all the inconsistencies. I'll update robes in MG now.

Barren

October 06, 2014, 07:03:48 am #229 Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:08:58 am by Barren
Just a quick note the mem card generator doesn't know zephyr shield has changed to swift plate. It comes up as unknown value. But as long as you jot down zephyr shield in the spreadsheet then you'll get the speed +1 as the swift plate would give you

Also the spread sheet thinks that mimes can't equip anything while in the master's guide it says it can
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

Arena 139c uploaded. Only bug fixes, but important ones.

silentkaster

Master Guide Inconsistency: Chakra Band is supposed to prevent Petrify (according to the Master Guide) but doesn't seem to be in game. This is a big one since most Monks use Chakra Band. I don't mind either way, but want to know before I change my team :D

silentkaster

November 27, 2014, 04:57:58 pm #232 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:00:34 pm by silentkaster
Mime error? I tried a Mime with Equip Polearm Octagon Rod but whenever another team member used their melee weapon, the mime's weapon disappeared permanently off of her.

Edit: It was with all weapons...on some maps the Repel Knife stayed but on all maps tested both Air Knife and Octagon Rod would not stay equipped even with the proper support.

Shintroy

In the most recent 139, FFMaster patched a Mime bug where Mimes would keep weapons they mimicked permanently. And if I'm not mistaken, he posted about the weapon unequipping bug some two to three weeks ago. Tried to find the post earlier today, but got caught up cooking. I don't have arena to test for myself right now, but make sure you have the latest patch. I couldn't redo the latter weapon bug with Reinoe's test the waters team after 139b came out.

Could always ask mime expert, The Damned though.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and wasn't trampled during black Friday.
Some day my people will be free.

silentkaster

I do have the latest patch as it is in a laptop I bought well after 1.39c came out. What happens is the mime starts with the weapon and then loses it when someone on the team attacks with a melee attack. It is possible I missed a hot fix or something so if that's the case and someone knows, please IM me. Thanks!

Also, my free trial with camtasia is ending soon so if anyone knows another recording software or a less expensive software from camtasia let me know. Barren did suggest a couple so I will look into his suggestions also.

Kurosabes

March 28, 2015, 08:59:42 pm #235 Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:46:28 pm by White Knight Wiegraf
Equip Clothes doesn't seem to be functional.

04/15 edit:
The Purple team female summoner is Yellow, and Yellow team female Summoner is Purple.

07/05 edit:
AI does not know that Reraise can follow the target, and will target panel instead.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Hyraldelita

thanks, i did watch the first post, but i didn't notice the red link at the end which was the download, my bad

SweetCherryBoyJp

Quote from: silentkaster on November 28, 2014, 09:16:40 am
I do have the latest patch as it is in a laptop I bought well after 1.39c came out. What happens is the mime starts with the weapon and then loses it when someone on the team attacks with a melee attack. It is possible I missed a hot fix or something so if that's the case and someone knows, please IM me. Thanks!

Also, my free trial with camtasia is ending soon so if anyone knows another recording software or a less expensive software from camtasia let me know. Barren did suggest a couple so I will look into his suggestions also.

Just came across this issue. Mime kept losing his Chaos Blade. Was there ever a fix for this?

silentkaster

Unfortunately, no. It is with any weapon, and there are more glitches that just that. Sometimes ALL mimes in a fight will acquire a weapon and sometimes they will all lose any weapon they have equipped.

SweetCherryBoyJp

It also seems that if a Mime is charging a spell, then mimics an ability, the spell will disappear from the Turn Order/AT sometimes. This will leave the Mime in a charging state till the Mime acts next (so a "Don't Act'd" Mime with this is stuck charging with no evasion till DA wears off. Yeah, that actually happened during some team testing). Just making sure this is reported and going to try to avoid these in the meantime.