• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:13:38 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

E3 Stuff.

Started by Joseph Strife, June 07, 2012, 09:55:59 pm

Joseph Strife

Idk if you guys already saw this, but i thought starting a topic with this as worth the epicness of this new engine Square Enix is going to use on it's new games. What you guys think about it, and about this concept (it's not a game, but may influence the creation of a new game for the FF series). Discuss! :D

Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

lirmont

Unfortunately, I think this will just be another instance of what they demonstrated years ago with their FF7 tech demo: whoever is in charge of the tech demos is clearly not in charge of and has no influence over Square-Enix's games. Otherwise, we'd get something truly engrossing and dynamic in the franchise if they even got a little bit inspired by all the motion/fluidity/interest the demos seem to consistently have. Here's to five more games having summons turn into cars and motorcycles in place of anything intriguing.

Joseph Strife

I thought the same things, it's a shame that they don't use this kinds of things as inspiration for more games. This kinds of things would make the franchise BOOM like it's gold days, nowadays it sells more because it has the "Final Fantasy" in the name of the game than other reason (some exceptions of course).
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dokurider

SE not making something pants on head stupid would be amazing, yeah.

Kaijyuu

The graphics look nice.

:P
  • Modding version: PSX

Neophyte Ronin

We need to design our own garbage.  We'd be filthy stinking rich.

Kaijyuu

People only eat garbage if it looks pretty, and looking pretty requires moolah. Do you have moolah? I don't have moolah.
  • Modding version: PSX

Neophyte Ronin

Looking pretty requires artists.  Good ones.  And time and patience.  Assuming time is money....

DonalbaneBeoulve

Anyone can make a game (there are various resources at one's disposal: Toolkit, RPG Maker, RPG Maker XP, etc) and while time consuming I've seen many games spring up from the fan community that look both pretty and are fun to play and only cost the amount to purchase the software itself (somewhere in the market of $30-$45) unless the devs decided to pay their teammates, but they are usually solely volunteer-based and take lots of dedication. It's still possible to make one though, just not with current gen standards of "pretty" (which is hardly the most important element in game play anyway).