• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Party roster hack! You can now have up to 20 units in the party!

Started by Dome, August 21, 2011, 04:42:25 pm

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

RavenOfRazgriz

September 02, 2011, 12:53:25 pm #41 Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:55:13 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: pokeytax on August 31, 2011, 06:06:33 pmYes, that's why I'm planning on writing a small SCUS hack if it's not too hard, so it's usable by morons, and so it works with LFT/FFT 1.3/whatever with no fuss. Non-morons will still have the option of using the existing patch and doing it themselves, or maybe I'll provide an .fftpatcher file as well to speed things up.

Issue you're going to have though, is that the game uses the same flag setup that saves Guest to the Formation Screen to silently add Generic Units to the player's party.  If you make the game blanket-ignore these flags, you won't get your 5 Generics at the start of the game.  You'll need to work around that somehow, too.

...And even with the SCUS hack, the patch maker will need to edit the ENTD anyway to make sure that the proper Algus/etc load into the battle, as the current ones are just huge piles of random everything with "Load Formation" checked.  So, I still don't see the SCUS hack as being worth the time, as they'll need to update their ENTDs regardless.

Glain

Those generics don't seem to have Save Formation checked though (ENTD 188?) so how would it be the same set of flags? Delita does, but we already know he's a guest.

Is there anything wrong with the huge piles of random everything? There's not going to be anything in the formation for them to load anyway, so the information of what they used to have just isn't there. Seems for the most part they're being set to Party Level - Random with their base job and random equipment; reasonable enough in my opinion, and you can always change what you want manually. I guess you could get them to spawn with really good stuff if you levelled high enough (unless you used my gear level hack or something), but could you get that stuff off of them?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Glain on September 02, 2011, 10:04:22 pmIs there anything wrong with the huge piles of random everything? There's not going to be anything in the formation for them to load anyway, so the information of what they used to have just isn't there. Seems for the most part they're being set to Party Level - Random with their base job and random equipment; reasonable enough in my opinion, and you can always change what you want manually. I guess you could get them to spawn with really good stuff if you levelled high enough (unless you used my gear level hack or something), but could you get that stuff off of them?

The issue is that (IIRC) their Brave, Faith, and Zodiac are random, and I think their base Job might be set to Random too.  It's nott he Guests scaling or coming in with random things, but the fact there's lots of stuff set to random that SHOULDN'T be set to random no matter what you're doing that you'll often need to fix... and if you need to fix it all anyway, it only takes an extra second to press the Load/Save Formation button.

Zozma

wow i just noticed this... finally. its easy to work around guest situations, 4 extra slots is significant
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

lionheart17

Okay, sorry to bump, but I needed to share this. I had been messing around with guest players before this and I found out that if you have a guest player in your party in one of your original 16, then when the guest went to leave, they would actually stay there and it would take the one out of your original 16.

Then I found this and I was playing the game a bit just to test it out. I was right before you save Algus from the Death Corps and I kicked Delita outta my squad, even though he original entered as a guest. When the battle started Algus was in the place of Delita for some reason and I chose not to save Algus. It was pretty great to see Algus turn and look at himself and say "I'll save him...".

;) Again, sorry to bump.
Killing with a smile.

pokeytax

Dome, I don't think the link in the OP is the most recent version.  Can you update it to this one?
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

pokeytax

Dome

Nope
As far as I've seen, everything works just fine

Question:
Does this version fixes the "Beowulf problem"?

pokeytax

Quote from: Dome on February 08, 2013, 04:17:52 am
Question:
Does this version fixes the "Beowulf problem"?

Yes, this includes a WLDCORE edit to remove the Beowulf check.  I don't really like doing so when that may interfere with existing patches, but it's the simplest thing and the patch author can always just remove that line from the XML.

Dome

spibbly

could anyone please explain how to use this? I have absolutely no idea.

corpsra99

anyone having trouble triggering the worker 8 ball event? i have mustadio in the party with this active but i cant trigger the event. any clues?

3lric

First off, the thread is over a year and a half old. Make a new thread next time.

Second. This post holds true to what you are having an issue with as well, you need to remove the checks for the special party members in the worldmap instructions.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10735.msg204669#msg204669

Squaresoft

Hello, not happy about this necro, but can't see any other post related to this ASM.
Based on what Dome and pokeytax said, Beowful's problem is fixed,

is there any other bug (aside from breeding monsters) documented?.
Worker 8's event or any other across the entire vanilla game?, Thank you.

Nyzer

This is still somewhat bugged last I checked. Units in the guest slots remain flagged as Guests, and I think there were other issues with those slots as well...

Squaresoft

Oh, too bad there is no stable use for general-vanilla use,

Thanks for the anwser,

Timbo

A while back a new user kind of showed up or of the blue and fiddled with a bunch of people's hacks. He claimed to have fixed this one in particular. I don't know if he or anyone else ever tested it or even looked it over.

This could be a solid lead or a wild goose chase. If you want to test it you'd pretty much have to pay though every event in the game and use units 16 - 20 in every battle.

You can find it here under PRE.xml

https://github.com/xjamxx/FFTPatcher/tree/master/FFTorgASM/XmlPatches
  • Discord username: Timbo

Xifanie

@Timbo
Yes, it's been tested because we wanted to use it for TLW, but it's broken as hell, worse than that original one IIRC.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful