• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:26:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

RAD 3: 35 jobs.

Started by pokeytax, April 12, 2011, 08:42:20 pm

Tea

A female horse is a mare. From nightmare.

Vanya

And the male would be a stud, right?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

pokeytax

June 10, 2011, 06:52:17 am #42 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:18:14 pm by pokeytax
My power has been in and out so here is a new version while it's up. It may be broken because I can't test it now, and it definitely needs more variables to play with, but I'll fix that later. (Yup, broken! Fine now though.)

Unfortunately, the unit data it's reading is a mutant hybrid of SCUS data and battle data so I have to check variables before I plug them in, but there should be enough to do a lot.

New:
- base classes are written through RAD now and can be reordered/given nonstandard requirements
- story progression requirements (thanks Glain) and job level requirements which can be used to erase old jobs

Notes:
- requirements of '00' are ignored
- all requirements must be met (there are no "OR" requirements, just "AND")
- all units have at least job level 1 in all classes except Dancer for males/Bard for females; disabled classes require Bard and Dancer
- Squire is a placeholder and its requirements should not be fiddled with (Squire/base class is written before RAD does its stuff)
- getting tricky and trying to open up Dancer/Bard to both sexes is still not recommended
- a male chocobo is a cock and a female chocobo is a hen
  • Modding version: PSX

MagiusRerecros

I'm glad you renamed the thread to RAD: Horsechat...

Also, I should hopefully be able to do some testing on RAD 3 this weekend, so we'll see how things go.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

RavenOfRazgriz

Wow, you've got this looking quite good.

Question:  I have a White Mage, and it "upgrades" to a White Wizard, deleting the old White Mage.  Does this currently support having the learned skills of the White Mage carry over to the White Wizard, or am I shit out of luck and forced to restart?  Related - If a Job is erased by RAD (Same scenario, White Mage to White Wizard), can I still access the old White Mage's skillset?  What about any of the White Mage's unique R/S/M?  Or are those "forgotten" properly?  (This latter question would apply to things I do NOT want carrying over, of course.)

pokeytax

June 10, 2011, 07:11:09 pm #45 Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:28:18 pm by pokeytax
Design White Mage and White Wizard with the following skillsets:

White Mage: White Magic (0A)
White Wizard: White Magic (2A)

White Magic (0A)
Cure
Cure 2
_______
Raise
_______
Poisona
_______

Regenerator

White Magic: (2A)
_______
Cure 2
Cure 3
Raise
Raise 2
_______
Esuna

where the blanks indicate blanks in FFTPatcher.

Tell RAD that these both "Share with Priest", and have them phase in and out at the same time (e.g. White Mage requires Priest Job Level < 5, White Wizard requires Priest 5).

This should act as desired: White Wizards will retain Cure 2/Raise if learned, only the proper White Magic will be available and learnable, one of Regenerator or Abandon will be known, and the blanks in FFTPatcher aren't displayed so it's transparent to the player. The only hitches are that you might have trouble forcing the player out of White Mage and the "weak" White Magic secondary, which they can stubbornly refuse to change, although they can't learn new old stuff; and I'm uncertain about RSM properly fading. I know males can equip Jump +3 if that ability is cheated to 'learned' in Dancer and this seems similar. However, I'd be surprised if that worked with RAD jobs, so maybe make the baby job a RAD job and the adult job a base job? Wait, hopefully you can actually use learned RSM with RAD jobs! Definitely need to do more testing on this.

(EDIT: Hm, looks like you can't use RAD job (i.e. jobs 21-40) RSM you've learned. That's definitely a bug to fix. It doesn't seem insurmountable, though, and I can fix the properly fading issue at the same time: just need to change "check learned stuff for 20 base jobs" to "check learned stuff for all active jobs".)

MagiusRerecros

June 10, 2011, 09:46:04 pm #46 Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:22:54 pm by MagiusRerecros
So, question; how are you supposed to use the last 2 columns (AO & AP)?

Also, in the list of portraits, you seem to be missing 08 (bearded priest), you go directly from Human Reis to Bald Priest... But you're not missing bearded priest in the sprite list.

As for RSM, I've been wondering about that for a while. I had noticed it when I started using RAD 2 in a personal patch, but then when I learned RSM abilities from RAD jobs, they didn't show up in my list of equipable abilities.

EDIT: It seems that the xml code generated by RAD 3.xls is not recognized by FFTorgASM... After orgASM didn't seem to add the hack from a new xml file, I took the new code and overwrote an old instance of a RAD xml file, and then orgASM didn't recognize that either. I had added more RAD jobs, and changed their sprites, but I didn't mess with any of the original jobs, nor did I do anything with columns AL-AP).

pokeytax

June 10, 2011, 10:59:20 pm #47 Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:00:13 pm by pokeytax
Quote from: MagiusRerecros on June 10, 2011, 09:46:04 pm
So, question; how are you supposed to use the last 2 columns (AO & AP)?

There's a hidden variable that tracks your progress through the game's story. You can set values here to unlock or lock jobs at the end of chapters or after key events, as in previous Final Fantasy job systems.

I imagine someone has documented what story progression byte values match what parts in the story somewhere, but I don't know where.

Also, in the list of portraits, you seem to be missing 08 (bearded priest), you go directly from Human Reis to Bald Priest... But you're not missing bearded priest in the sprite list.

I'll look into it! There may not be a matching portrait, though.

EDIT: It seems that the xml code generated by RAD 3.xls is not recognized by FFTorgASM...

Is this the very latest RAD 3.xls? You'll see I updated it.
(If you see

<Location file="WORLD.BIN" offset="694F0">

near the end of the .xml, not

<Location file="WORLD_WORLD_BIN" offset="694F0">

then you have a bad file).

MagiusRerecros

I've got the newer one then, because it's "WORLD_WORLD_BIN"

pokeytax

Quote from: MagiusRerecros on June 10, 2011, 11:45:50 pm
I've got the newer one then, because it's "WORLD_WORLD_BIN"

Weird. You don't see "RAD 3: Job Wheel Expansion"? Can you post the .xml file?

MagiusRerecros

Apparently I'm not allowed to upload xml files, and I'm also apparently too lazy to compress it, so I just converted it to a txt file.

I renamed "RAD 3: Job Wheel Expansion" to "Custom RAD 3" (I tend to have more than one RAD hack in my folder at any given time, so I rename them to know which is which). I also had made another one (with different jobs and such, but I apparently made it wrong, since I forgot to assign some requirements to one of the jobs >_>), which DOES show up in orgASM, so it's kind of strange.

pokeytax

June 11, 2011, 11:04:29 am #51 Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:08:47 am by pokeytax
It's the Teta sprite, thanks for the catch. I uploaded a new version, I'll have to go through and make sure all the sprites work fine.

MagiusRerecros

Not a problem; glad to help. At least I can do something useful :D

pokeytax

R/S/M should appear now for RAD jobs. They don't phase out, but you can solve that two ways:
1) just don't have R/S/M that's meant to vanish (e.g. let White Wizards keep Regenerator)
2) use ALMA 4's scripting to nuke the old abilities (e.g. if Regenerator is ever equipped, de-equip Regenerator, forcibly forget Regenerator)

If you're planning on jobs that open and close frequently, and that have R/S/M that need to stay learned, but can't stay available... well, maybe we'll get there! For now I'm just happy having R/S/M working.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: pokeytax on June 11, 2011, 06:13:31 pm2) use ALMA 4's scripting to nuke the old abilities (e.g. if Regenerator is ever equipped, de-equip Regenerator, forcibly forget Regenerator)

This option works better when we can actually use ALMA 4, my friend. 

/douchemode.

I suppose it's good to see most of the nuances are working and will be covered between the two programs.

Pride

By story progression, you mean integer 0x006E correct (from this list: http://ffhacktics.com/instructions.php?id=B0)

I assume so but I want to be sure.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

MysticKnightFF5

Great job pokeytax, this mod is making me so "happy"!
^_^

pokeytax

Quote from: Pride on July 06, 2011, 09:28:41 am
By story progression, you mean integer 0x006E correct (from this list: http://ffhacktics.com/instructions.php?id=B0)

Reasonable assumption! But it's wrong - I cribbed the code from Glain who was using 6F, I didn't know any better. Thanks for the catch. I changed it to 6E by default, and added an option to select any variable from that list, for people who know what they're doing.

Glain

July 07, 2011, 12:46:24 pm #58 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:55:40 pm by Glain
Quote from: Pride on July 06, 2011, 09:28:41 am

:shock:

I hadn't thought to look for a list like that within the documentation for those commands. Would have helped! Instead I did a bunch of detective work to get 0x6F, but that's for shop availability, which was more what I was doing with the gear level. Is 0x6E more granular?

Edit: Seems that it is. Variable 0x6E goes all the way up to 0x35 = 53, whereas variable 0x6F only goes up to 0x10 = 16.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

0x006E basically increases by 1 after each story battle or after a series of events (like the final event at the end of a chapter.)
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?