• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:38:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Stat Calculation Spreadsheets?

Started by Darkholme, November 28, 2014, 04:08:01 am

Darkholme

Has anyone done up a spreadsheet that will allow you to punch in the variables of a class, and it spits out the stats you an expect to have at leach level, or possibly charts them in a graph?
How about one that allows you to see what various formulas will spit out, damage wise, based on stats per level for a class?

Or is that something I would have to come up with myself if I am wanting to have some numbers crunched for class balancing?

advfox

• Modding version: PSX

Darkholme

That is quite neat.

That is similar to what I am looking for.

But I want ither a customizable spreadsheet to start from, or to know how that works, so that I can balance the classes in a hack I am working on with a large number of custom classes.

kyozo22

November 28, 2014, 05:50:35 pm #3 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:41:19 pm by kyozo22
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9143.0

You'll probably want this. It's Raven's fantastic spreadsheets that you can customize for different growths/ modifiers etc.
  • Modding version: WotL

Darkholme

Oh, thank you Kyozo. That's going to save me so much time.

I was in the middle of making my own sheet based on what I was able to find, and comparing the two, I was on the right track but it would have taken me quite a while to get there.

So, when I am designing abilities (such as Crush Punch, to take an example). How do the formulas factor in? How do weapon stats factor into the formulas?