• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:49 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Bug/Glitch Discussions

Started by Cheetah, September 12, 2009, 04:55:46 am

Cheetah

Thanks, this could definitely be handy at some point. At the very least I have always wanted this for my personal use.
Current Projects:

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I'm using this as a base for a patch, and it bothers me to no end that I can give a class an inherent r/s/m and they will still equip it.  it's the reverse of the Chemist->Throw Item, Monk->Martial Arts, Mediator->Monster Talk, and Ninja->Two Hands problems.  Wouldn't it make more sense for the game to check the inherents when allowing r/s/m abilities to be equipped, rather than hard-coding them to each class?

Fenrir90

"Editing some files so that if a special character was hacked into the party that they would show up correctly in the formation and battle preparation screens."

I would like to see this.

Also, what about the duplicate characters such as Mustadio and Rafa, just to name a few. Could they be merge into one character? Since this patch will be used as a base, it would free up some sprites for those that wants to add new characters.

Edit: Delita's profile picture does not update after he becomes an Arc Knight, it still shows his Holy Knight picture instead of his Arc Knight picture.

Also, Ajora's profile does not always appear in some playthru, while in others it appears. I don't know what causes this.

Vanya

My part in the project is to condense all the duplicate characters and prepare all the character slots for use as new special units.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

topopox

Hi there, this is my first post, I've loved your work by doing the transition of the whole script of the PSP Version to the PSX Version.

Here's the Thing, For some reason after I patched the .50 version of this mod the FMV's have no sound at all.
I know that most of them aren't important, but I think it deserves to get a look on it.

SilvasRuin

What FMVs are there other than the intro?  I don't recall any in the PSX version.

Cheetah

The ending, and there are several videos previewing the game like a history of Ivalice and the jobs.
Current Projects:

Fenrir90

There is something that I always found odd is when a unit has 2 weapons equipped in both hands (like Ninja), would it be possible to make the sprite used the right hand and left hand when attacking and not the same hand when the unit attacks with the weapons.

Cheetah

Hmmm...this is a very interesting idea.
Current Projects:

Vanya

I don't think that's a glitch, but rather a design choice because of the limited amount of video memory available.
Also, isn't that beyond our abilities at the moment?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

Well in my opinion this isn't feasible at anytime because it would involve new arm animations for every sprite. I thought that there were attack animations for all weapons for right and left handed strikes, but that is not the case. I just went through all the animations for shishi and there are some for lefties, mostly punching and grabbing motions, but no sword strikes or anything else really. If it was just a matter of changing existing frames and animations maybe, but that is not the case.
Current Projects:

Fenrir90

Really Cheetah, I thought I saw a left handed strike once. Well, you guys know more than me when it comes to the more technique stuff. Thanks for making me aware of it.

slivers7

Uh, I'd like to know if there's any way to correct the extra diagonal box lines in the "Grand Cross" move description (also the same when checked in-battle):

[attachment=0:2twycbzn]grandcross2.JPG[/attachment:2twycbzn]
[attachment=1:2twycbzn]grandcross1.JPG[/attachment:2twycbzn]

Cheetah

The Text is just too long in one of the lines. These will be fixed in the next release, which I am actually starting to work on again.
Current Projects:

Vanya

September 22, 2010, 10:34:48 pm #34 Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:56:39 pm by Vanya
Here's something I found while studying monster stats for a Blue Mage re-balancing hack.
In the PSX version you know that the Bomb type monsters use the wrong versions of their attacks.
The Bomb uses the blue version instead of the red version.
They corrected this in the PSP version, as should be done for this patch as well, but I noticed one important thing they didn't fix.
The Red version of the skill uses the basic monster magic formula (4E), but the blue and black versions use a physical attack formula (31).
This looks like an obvious mistake, but the question remaining is which formula is the correct one for the Small Bomb/Bomblet skills to use?
Given that Flame Attack and Spark use formula 4E it would make sense for the blue and black Small Bomb/Bomblet skills to use it, too.
However, the bomb types' Bite uses a physical formula and the nature of the Small Bomb/Bomblet skill would indicate that it should also be physical in nature.
I'm leaning towards it being physical. What do you guys think?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

Man this is quite the find Vanya. Battle mechanics are unfortunately not my specialty at all, I would like to hear thoughts from others.

PS: I'm making some changes to the first post of this thread representing current progress.
Current Projects:

Vanya

If you like I can type up some stat info to give an idea how the two different formulas affect the power output of Small Bomb.

QuoteUp for Debate:
- Editing some files so that if a special character was hacked into the party that they would show up correctly in the formation and battle preparation screens.

I wouldn't call this a bug or a glitch. These characters were not intended to be used by the player in the first place.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

Move info and stats on these equation choices would be great Vanya. I wonder why the bombs got so wonky. You said it was the same way in FFT JP too right?

Yeah, I haven't started a thread for general improvements yet though.
Current Projects:

Vanya

Bomb?Grenade/Explosive stats:

PA Growth = 39/39/39
PA Multiplier = 100/85/116
MA Growth = 7/7/7
MA Multiplier = 93/94/96

Blue & Black Small Bomb/Bomblet use formula 31: Dmg_((PA+Y)/2*PA); Y  = 0.
Red Small Bomb/Bomblet uses formula 4E: Dmg_(MA*Y); Y = 4.

if PA & MA are 10.

for blue & black: Dmg = (10+0)/2*10 = 5*10 = 50
for red: Dmg = 10*4 = 40

if PA & MA are 25.

for blue & black: Dmg = (25+0)/2*10 = 12.5*25 = 312.5
for red: Dmg = 25*4 = 100

As you can see, damage for the blue & black versions are considerably stronger.
However, given the considerably lower PA growth, it seems it would take a lot longer for the blue/black versions to become more damaging.
I think the programmers entered the wrong formulas when they added the two variant Small Bomb abilities and they should have used the MA formula instead of the PA one.

UPDATE: I was trying to correct the Bomb using the wrong version of Bomblet, but for some reason the Patcher won't take the change. I tried different versions and tested it against a PSP patch, and it seems that if you try to change that particular skill on the bomb skillset in the PSX version it will always revert back to the default value. Is this a glitch in the patcher? I'm gonna try to change it manually and see what happens.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

Keep good notes Vanya so that we can make it an FFTorgasm patch if needed.
Current Projects: