• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:19:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

PPF Studio Help

Started by ShadowSkyle, March 10, 2012, 08:56:56 pm

ShadowSkyle

Hello everyone. My patch is just about ready to disperse for playtesting, however, I'm having a problem with creating a patch for it. I'm using PPF Studio from the downloads section of this site. Although I've followed the instructions that came with the PPF Studio, I simply cannot get it to create a patch. Apparently my patched ISO is larger than the original, so it will not allow me to make the patch. (Yes, I've clicked the "resize file" box, but it just tell me that the filenamesize is larger than 8.3 (8.3 what, I haven't a clue). Any thoughts or better instructions on how to use this program?

3lric

So I'm assuming you didn't read this...

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7457.0

that is in the tutorials section, I would recommend that you look around a bit and familiarize yourself with some of those posts
They are there to help you so you don't have to wait for a response from someone  :mrgreen:

The instructions in that video call for a Hex editor, and you will have to add some zero bytes at the end of the vanilla ISO
Xifanie made all the steps very clear in that video, so follow it to a tee and you will be fine
  • Modding version: PSX

ShadowSkyle

Thanks Elric. I usually do try to search for the topics before posting on here, not really sure why I didn't this time.

3lric

haha, no worries man, I utterly raped the "Help!" section when I first came here.

Just make sure you put the knowledge to use instead of disappearing a week from now like alot of people seem to do  :mrgreen:

ShadowSkyle

No, no disappearing. I will be posting a patch for playtesting as soon as I figure everything out.

3lric

Good to hear, if you need any help, let me know  :mrgreen: