• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Yasumi Matsuno returns to claim his throne!

Started by LastingDawn, July 22, 2010, 10:21:12 am

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Jon"I see, that does sound much better. Go back in time? How would that work, do you lose levels or something? Interesting for a TO game...

I forget how it works, there's some sort of "rewind" option in battle. Though it's not been told if that's limited or infinite.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Jon

Tbh, it sounds now a bit awkward; Prince of Persia-like time travel, strange but might be cool if not abused and limited.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Cheetah

It sounds like a good way to allow players to see all the different story paths without having to completely replay the game each time. I'm assuming that a lot of this text is coming from additional branching paths.
Current Projects:

Zypher

Apparently the remake is going to be rather forgiving when a unit of yours dies.
generic units (and i assume whichever story character units that join you) have 3 hearts

When a unit dies it will receive a counter like in FFT, however once it reaches zero its out for the battle only and one heart is subtracted from their three.

Once all three hearts are gone, only then will the unit be permanently dead
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

Jon

TO KoL had the best "death" system imo, when someone dies you can either revive them before the battle is over or they are gone for good. To me this makes the most sense. I like FFT's death system as second best for tactics games. Also that one shooting tactics game I mentioned, has a unique death system that when a character dies, you get them back after the battle is complete but they lose all their weapons and items. This wouldn't work in any other tactics game however >_>
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zypher

Siliconera has an awesome video with English voice over (but Japanese captions) and its pretty epic in setting the mood of the game

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/29/wa ... oiceovers/

also the 3rd video is a intro to the basic job classes ala FFT

while the 2nd is merely the first 10 minutes of the game itself

also
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/28/trade-ghost-battle-data-with-other-tactics-ogre-lets-us-cling-together-players/

seems like you can trade ghost data of other players by basically designing teams and assigning AI routines to the units (Attacker, defender healer and etc) and even give them phrases to say when they are in certain conditions
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

SilvasRuin

"apparently he's balanced the system"
This is what I'm most curious about.  So having less weight won't make your characters exponentially better, hopefully?  And bows won't rule the day?

Cheetah

This is looking like a great article for describing the US version. I'm so pumped for this game.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/113/1139250p1.html
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Yay! Tactics Ogre is downloadable! I am starting my download.

For Et: Ha! I will play it sooner than you!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ryu

Just bought it, myself.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY IT SO WE CAN SEE MORE AWESOMENESS FROM MATSUNO!!!

winshmo2

The game needs to be patched asap.. AI is still horrible :(
TO 1.3 please

Cheetah

Quote from: Ryu on February 15, 2011, 05:11:49 pm
Just bought it, myself.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY IT SO WE CAN SEE MORE AWESOMENESS FROM MATSUNO!!!

Spending money to support the stuff you really like is a must! I buy most of my games used, but this is getting bought new.
Current Projects:

Ryu

Quote from: Cheetah on February 16, 2011, 02:54:36 pm
Spending money to support the stuff you really like is a must! I buy most of my games used, but this is getting bought new.

*^5's Cheetah*

:)

winshmo2

I would have bought it if the Tarot Cards and Artbook were available here, but alas St. Ajora is not in our favor.. T_T

winshmo2

February 18, 2011, 06:23:21 am #54 Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:24:06 am by winshmo2

Seems so familiar

Cheetah

I love it! How have I not bought this yet? Oh yeah, I need to beat Birth By Sleep first.
Current Projects:

Eternal

Yay, another KH fan!

...sadly, TO is far better than BbS was. I'm on Chapter III currently. Great game, albeit somewhat difficult.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

Well I just got the European collectors edition of this game in the mail today, and I'm super stocked. I have been waiting for a good deal on the game and this obscure site had the collectors edition for $30, regularly $70, so I thought I would go for it even though I thought it was a bit shading. Well it took 2 or 3 weeks but now it is here brand spanking new and I got a great deal.

I was going to provide a link for everyone but they raised the price back up to 60 pounds, British site, so probably not worth it.

I debating whether to just keep it in it's wrapper as new or to crack it open. I will be playing it off a memory card regardless. What do you guys think?

I'm still trying to find the time to beat Birth By Sleep with Aqua before I start this up. I doubt I will ever get around to beating KH with all three characters.
Current Projects:

Lijj

Hmm. sounds like something you could keep for awhile then sell for a bunch later or just worship it on an alter for many years to come.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Tactics Ogre rocks. I have over 100 hours on it, and I intend to keep playing after I am done with other stuff. Really worth it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown