• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:03:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Random questions

Started by foofatron, January 19, 2016, 09:40:49 pm

foofatron

I want to make a mod and I'm not sure where to place questions I may have other than this thread so redirect me if I'm in the wrong place.

How can I make an attack to go from person to person? I remember seeing a fire attack that would "spread" to clumped together people. Is there a way to do it with just fftpatcher?

If I want a spell to go in three lines away from the caster, like triple chain lightening, what would I check off in fftpatcher? (ai behavior) Linear attack. triple breath ; (bottom box) vertical fixed, linear attack, 3 directions. I haven't tested it yet but that is what I set the spell to have.

Also, is there a formula that does damage and guarantees a status effect?

Raijinili

QuoteHow can I make an attack to go from person to person? I remember seeing a fire attack that would "spread" to clumped together people. Is there a way to do it with just fftpatcher?

I don't think that skill exists.

I wonder if you can set a skill to have a side-effect of casting itself, like weapons can have Weapon Attack as a side-effect. I don't think so, though, and I think it would stop after one iteration.

You probably have to program it.

QuoteIf I want a spell to go in three lines away from the caster, like triple chain lightening, what would I check off in fftpatcher? (ai behavior) Linear attack. triple breath ; (bottom box) vertical fixed, linear attack, 3 directions. I haven't tested it yet but that is what I set the spell to have.

Triple Breath is the one that has three lines away from the caster. I don't know if it respects the range variable.

You should learn how to use Gameshark codes on your emulator so you can test things during play. FFTPatcher has a Gameshark tab for that. You can also learn to convert Gameshark codes to memory addresses, and learn the basics of editing memory, so you can use pSX's debugger tools to edit the memory instead of just emulators with Gameshark support.

QuoteAlso, is there a formula that does damage and guarantees a status effect?

Faith-based: Formula 0x0E (for Black Magic's 0x1E Death) inflicts HP% and causes a status. It is hardcoded to ignore Death-immune units, and Undead Reversal is probably hardcoded, too.

Blood Suck's formula 47 absorbs HP% and causes 100% status.

Holy Sword formula 2D inflicts swordskill damage and causes 100% status if the Inflict Status is set to All or Nothing.

(Thanks to Eternal and Xifanie for the pointers.)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown