• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:44:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Ramza base class change

Started by Krakistophales, November 04, 2015, 07:56:45 pm

Krakistophales

The intention would be to make a custom swordskill set and I'm not sure what that'll be or what abilities it would use yet but lets say one of them would want to use the bolt 3 animation in WotL, how would I go about giving the swordskill the bolt 3 animation and a different damage formula without screwing up the regular bolt 3?

Kaijyuu

Overwrite a sword skill (or copy all the data from a swordskill to overwrite some other ability), then change the effect animation and stats to your liking.
  • Modding version: PSX

Krakistophales

How can you change the effect animation?

Also, is there any way to make iaido skills into ranged target swordskills or are they hard coded to be centered on the user?

Krakistophales

Im using WotL, so I don't see frog attack anywhere. I've decided on modifying the dark knight skillset, which has 5 abilities, and zalbag's ark knight skillset, which has 4 abilities, but I'm still 1 ability short for what I want to accomplish. I'm thinking I'm going to use gaffgarion's duskblade or whatever the hell it's called ability since he never learns it/uses it anyway as my 10th and that should solve the issue.

How do I change crushing blow's animation from using the magic startup to just being a swordskill like the rest?

Krakistophales

If that's the case, where do those that want to mod WotL go?

Anyway, I'm trying to change infernal strike into a crushing blow animation without the magic charge and have different effects, but I changed the effect to what is listed under crushing blow and it keeps doing the shadowblade/infernal strike animation. How do I change that?

Jumza

To change the effect at the beginning you need to find the ability under the animations tab on the top. Make it match a current skill that has your desired effect.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Krakistophales

December 03, 2015, 12:36:55 am #26 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:37:33 pm by Krakistophales
Thanks for all your help/suggestions.

Leon

Nice imagem of Ramza and Agrias!

When i was young, i thought if they could have a romance.

But! Now i wonder if it there was more chances between him and Meliadoul.

Oh by the way, i was reading about how to edit texts. Cool.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL