• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:18:47 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Freezing before Ch3 - state and memcard included

Started by Aquilae, September 10, 2011, 09:29:16 am

Aquilae

Heya guys, PW 0.341 seems to freeze at the screen before entering Chapter 3. I'm uploading the savestate (for pSX, just before delivering the finishing blow to Queklain) and the memcard here.

Anyways, for the setup just use Protect Rings on everyone, Edgar and Marlow as Freelancers w/ Altair, Mustadio w/ Altair, and Lavian to cast moogle or something to heal stuff. Ramza should be a merc so he can equip the ring and hit Quekky and stuff.
:gay:

Eternal

September 10, 2011, 09:37:36 am #1 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:51:51 am by Eternal248
Downloaded. Thanks a ton!

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING!

1) Download the attached patch.
2) Save before Queklain.
3) Patch this patch.
4) Defeat Queklain and save once Chapter III starts.
5) Repatch to .341.

Sorry for the inconvenience. There will be a full fix for this soon.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

Is this really a problem with the patch, or the fact that you are continuing  the game from a save state instead of a memory card save?
Current Projects:

Aquilae

It's a problem with the patch I reckon, because I did it again, loading from the memcard, and I still encountered the same problem. The state didn't give me any problems when I used the fix (with unedited events), so I doubt it's the culprit.

If anyone reading this has the time, could you try it out on your own? You can get a save before the battle here : http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/fftactics/fftactics_saves.htm, and you can just FFTastic up the stats to beat Queklain real quick and see whether the event works.
:gay:

Eternal

Cheetah: Would you mind taking a gander at the event? I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817