• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:50:00 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Heroebal

Late commentary for stream matchups

Mediator w/ items is due to me already having 11 chemists, I wanted to spread the love to other jobsets. I think Mediator was mvp there kept the other team shutdown for the other members to do their work. He'd probably be better as female. GG fpkfor.

It seemed like my team had enough of a status game going to slow your team down enough to even out the speed disadvantage. Eventually luck was on my side for last 2 rounds with the AI' shenanigans. That stone monk was pretty shiny in the last round, GG CT5.

Andrew

Jesus Christ, I'm bad.  I'll just stick to updating the memory card generator...  :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Shintroy

You have some of the most innovative teama Andrew. Mime is just hard to use since there's so much that can go wrong just by having one one your team.

Could do a collab team if you want to get you started on mime.
Some day my people will be free.

Andrew

Quote from: Shintroy on March 13, 2016, 08:12:35 pm
You have some of the most innovative teama Andrew. Mime is just hard to use since there's so much that can go wrong just by having one one your team.

Could do a collab team if you want to get you started on mime.

Hehe, you're right, it's easy to mess-up a mime team.  I appreciate the offer, but I've already whipped something up today.

Heroebal

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match 28: Winner of Match #27 vs Heroebal (Headhunters) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eseOno1Kmzg

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match#29: Winner of Match#28 vs formerdeathcorps(Faith) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i4l-5You8A

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match#30: Winner of Match#29 vs Rouroni Elmdor (The Raven King) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5aq6wCfhk0

Shintroy

Nice the return of the battle royale series.

Lots of 2-0s. Guess Caster Chix with all Chix is too strong.

dw6561

Ouch. Innocent. Just saying.

Round 1: Geo gets hit with innocent = GG. The terrain, innocent procs, my ninja being killed by the archer every time he was revived, and my geo being unable to use fairy is what hurt me.

Round 2: Andante's archer dying from a crit and my geo being able to sucessfully keep away from being poked saved me here. Also, my ninja was able to do his thing. The counter-platina dagger ending was pretty funny.

Round 3: Ninja is a liability because not only did he not get a platina dagger proc off, but he wasn't able to stay alive because the archer kept killing him. Geo gets hit with innocent AGAIN when everyone else was dead, which seals the deal.

Ninja could use some evasion, but I don't know if taking away the salty rage is a good idea since he won't attack as often and I want those procs. I could take away some move so he's not so far ahead of everyone else. Also, innocent is a very trolly status and those procs REALLY shouldn't be 100%. Usually, my geo would heal the team with moogle, but innocent messed up my strategy big-time. I tested this against primarily slower teams (namely, my teams so about 8 or 9 speed all around), so that may be a factor as well.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Barren

Quote from: dw6561 on March 19, 2016, 06:36:31 pm

Ouch. Innocent. Just saying.

Round 1: Geo gets hit with innocent = GG. The terrain, innocent procs, my ninja being killed by the archer every time he was revived, and my geo being unable to use fairy is what hurt me.

Round 2: Andante's archer dying from a crit and my geo being able to sucessfully keep away from being poked saved me here. Also, my ninja was able to do his thing. The counter-platina dagger ending was pretty funny.

Round 3: Ninja is a liability because not only did he not get a platina dagger proc off, but he wasn't able to stay alive because the archer kept killing him. Geo gets hit with innocent AGAIN when everyone else was dead, which seals the deal.

Ninja could use some evasion, but I don't know if taking away the salty rage is a good idea since he won't attack as often and I want those procs. I could take away some move so he's not so far ahead of everyone else. Also, innocent is a very trolly status and those procs REALLY shouldn't be 100%. Usually, my geo would heal the team with moogle, but innocent messed up my strategy big-time. I tested this against primarily slower teams (namely, my teams so about 8 or 9 speed all around), so that may be a factor as well.

You could always go for hidden knife + platina dagger. That way instead of using concentrate you can swap it out with attack or defense up pending on if you want your ninja to live longer and kill things faster
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

DW summed it up pretty well. Innocent shut down the casters shutting down all support.

OP Bow aside, Andante's team is a lot more optimized than yours DW. Multi element absorb with a lot of synergy between each unit. Really good stuff.

Ninja

Barren's call on Hidden + Platina is better than double platina since it should do more damage than double platina proc with just base damage.
Dual Cutter + Platina + Concentrate
Hidden + Platina + Attack UP works too.
Use as much JP as possible in passive abilities since it's rare to get your accessory stolen. Twist Headband, Green Beret, or Black Hood would also work better than flash hat too.

Archer
Ice Bow healing imo is best with Jade Armlet since that accessory is immune to stop. The ninja has salty rage so I'd recommend switching to Windslash Bow. You get a spec that is also wind based, and does a set amount of damage. She'll also be able to heal the chemist since he has defense ring.

Chemist could probably go with Basic Skill, Attack UP, and a Gun and get the same results without the faith. Throw Stone = Sinkhole. Gun + Attack UP = Comet since it hits 100% of the time and is WP*WP. If you go with that set up go with Green Beret or Thief Hat.

Elmdork

Woo! Thanks heroebal for giving me a feature! I still lurk here and there to see if tourneys are going (or if i get a feature). Been really busy with stuff, but i'll try to participate more.

The chicks really got a makeover since i last saw them, looking pretty dangerous. The raven king is the only team i left feeling unfinished, there needs to be a super reliable unit in the mime's position...and it's a mime. used to be an item bot archer, i'm thinking item bot lancer or thief and they'll be fine.

GG mudvayne, i really need to step up my game ;)
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Andante49

Thank you for the match TrueLight!

Innocent really cripples multi-class casters, just a bad matchup. Otherwise a solid team you have there, GG.

If you're looking to change the Ninja, I'm a fan of Salty Rage + Hidden Knife + Scorpion Tail + Attack UP. With 70 Fury it's pretty much a guaranteed OHKO unless you run into 40 Fury + armor or Protect/Defense UP stuff. Also I would change the unit order so the Ninja goes right after the Chemist to avoid him being picked off post-PD. Possibly drop Masamune so it doesn't mess up that combo.

dw6561

Thanks for the advice guys, I don't have much time to change things right now due to classwork getting out of hand and just being busy lately, but I can maybe try next weekend to tweak things a little.

Yeah the ninja could be moved to go right after the chemist. I thought about that, and that the geo should probably go after all the enemy units so she can get summons off without getting midcharged. I've only just recently started thinking about stuff like that, honestly.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Heroebal

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #31: Winner of Match# 30 vs Shintroy (Lit) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxQfn8CE8J4

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #32: Winner of Match #31 vs TrueLight (We Do Stuff) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qc66bONKD4

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #33: Winner of Match #32 vs CT5Holy (Wall of Fire) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRVrxA9UmMI

Shintroy

Lightning Absorb vs Mages

R1 - Loving those 100+ damage geomancys. RNG doesn't do too great against 100% damage like Hawk's Eye, Elementals, Comet, Etc. May update the team later.

R2 - Love a caster team with Don't Move. Mime positioning and range won me this round. Pretty lucky.

R3 - Mime gets killed early. Goes for Refute over status afterward. Unrelenting offense afterward by Mudvayne.

GG. Thanks for the match Heroebal.

Balanced Anti Sandbag vs Mages
Love the thief and ninja Truelight. The return of the crossroad paladin too. Betting on Truelight taking this one only because 12 speed units do well against casters.

R1 - Turn advantage too strong for Truelight despite the large map favoring Mudvayne.

R2 - Poison forces units to recover for at least one turn. In this round It kept Mudvayne's team busy. Hard for a caster to recover from a poison sandbag loop without Raise 2, Regen, or  Protect/Shell.

GG

Wonder how the mime will mimic geomancy and cover fire with chivalry. Definitely an interesting team. Betting against mime to make things interesting.

R1 - Large map great for mime boosting. Looks like the Bard doesn't have songs though. Most likely for the better since Songs make units more defensive.  Overlooked Geomancy not hitting allies somehow. Several minutes later it looks like Truelight will take this due to paladin being able to tank the entire team solo. The undead units will eventually pick off the other units.

R2 - Same deal as r1.

Chivalry mime's best as a evasion tank/distraction imo. Combining Nurse's Defend, Equip Sheild, and a Mantle gives mie some of the highest evasion in the game. Iron Will... Reraise... Fun stuff. Never released a team using Chivalry mime outside of the Sans team.

GG. Definitely sparked my interest in Chivlary mime again.

Thanks for the matches Heroebal. Great music too.

CT5Holy

Yesterday's stream up on youtube for those who missed it:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Heroebal

1st round my team was sleeping in... 2nd/3rd round my team had no easy way to take out that chemist, unless my bard got close enough for repeating fists. That chemist + Raise 1/2 + Bard's high dmg bloody strings did my team in. GG DW

Corosar

I really need to get back into this. i really miss playing FFTA
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Zotis

Hi guys!  After a really long hiatus I'm back.  I intend to keep active and contribute to the growth of the community, particularly the competitive scene.

I remade my oldest team now that Mime's have been buffed, so please test Earth Mime for me.

Reks

Glad to have you back, Zotis!

I can get around to recording a match for you when I'm off of work.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128