• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

2nd FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, August 11, 2015, 07:16:35 am

Barren

Yea that happens, the mem card does generally does say the auto detect isn't perfect so that must have been what happened.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Mudvayne

As in you mean there's a way to just copy/paste teams into the memcard gen instead of having to manually typing out each unit individually and clicking the appropriate skills every time you enter a new team.......??  :oops: Or did I miss-read your message?

Barren

Quote from: Mudvayne on August 12, 2015, 11:52:34 am
No worries. Must have gotten lost in translation between the many, many edits. The last version of the team I sent to you had it, but when you re-sent the team back to me after making edits (and making it look pretty with the breaks ============= in it) and I just made my edits off that version, and that version did not have Cure 3 for whatever reason, and was not intended.

And awesome. I'm really glad he decided to fix it. That makes things more fair all around simply because no-one can use the "it's because of the robes" excuse for however the match turns out.

Yea true. Then again it would have been a interesting discussion had it stayed. Would bards benefit or hinder from robes due to lower HP but more MP? But that's for another time I suppose. Andante I'm sure already told CT5Holy about the changes so I'm sure he caught on.

Barren

Quote from: Mudvayne on August 12, 2015, 11:57:12 am
As in you mean there's a way to just copy/paste teams into the memcard gen instead of having to manually typing out each unit individually and clicking the appropriate skills every time you enter a new team.......??  :oops: Or did I miss-read your message?

Yes if you copy the team sent to you you can click on import and you paste it. And as long as the mem card generator reads the abilities correctly it won't give you an error message. For example if someone sent a team and put down "All Items" then the mem card generator would think its an error because you're not specific on what items you have. That's why when you submit a team with item as secondary, you got to put in x-potion, ether, antidote, etc. Otherwise you have to manually click on the item in mind in order for it to be flagged for the AI to know.

Mudvayne

Wow... now someone tells me  :roll: :oops:

I've been manually inputting teams by typing out everything and clicking the individual skills every single time. Holy crap that makes life much easier.

Which is why when I or someone else puts say "All Items", "All Geomancy", it wasn't an issue since I knew that just means click every skill. Makes sense now why it's so important about spelling errors when posting a team. I never understood since if it was misspelled in their team, I still knew the correct spelling when inputting.

And Barren, your post above that one, I believe is mis-quoted. You're talking about bards but quoted the post where I was talking about Cure 3 getting lost between our messages.

Barren

Quote from: Mudvayne on August 12, 2015, 11:52:34 am

And awesome. I'm really glad he decided to fix it. That makes things more fair all around simply because no-one can use the "it's because of the robes" excuse for however the match turns out.

I was referring to what you said about Andante fixing his bards. I got what you said before too

Mudvayne

Quote from: Barren on August 12, 2015, 12:07:27 pm
I was referring to what you said about Andante fixing his bards. I got what you said before too

Oh. It seemed like you were replying to this post [of mine]:
Quote from: MudvayneTrue. But it gives the option of having an effective male caster. Does not make wizard irrelevant because you never ever see male wizards. Wizards are strictly 99.9% of the time, a female unit. It does make bards slightly OP but the gender difference makes it balanced IMO.

Your reply makes sense in response to that comment too (to me atleast)
Quote from: BarrenYea true. Then again it would have been a interesting discussion had it stayed. Would bards benefit or hinder from robes due to lower HP but more MP? But that's for another time I suppose. Andante I'm sure already told CT5Holy about the changes so I'm sure he caught on.

Sorry :P

Barren

No worries man. Figured I needed to clarify anyways

Barren

August 12, 2015, 03:52:14 pm #48 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:09:03 pm by Barren
Now here's data on shields. Armors and accessories are coming soon

Mythril Shield - 2
Gold Shield - 0
Ice Shield - 0
Flame Shield - 1
Aegis Shield - 9
Diamond Shield - 1
Platina Shield - 0
Crystal Shield - 4
Genji Shield - 4
Kaiser Plate - 3
Zephyr Shield - 4
Escutcheon II - 5

gatebuster202

• Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

dw6561

Yep. I'm not too surprised that Aegis Shield is the most picked. What other shield gives +stats, immune to a status, and loads of evade all in one? And no weak: element either.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Corosar

Looks like someone as excited to bring up matches.... i will get one or two loser bracket matchs up... i think i got the first two if gatebuster don't mind.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

August 12, 2015, 08:04:38 pm #53 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:15:37 pm by Barren
Great first matchup. The Iga + Koga Knife combo did scary damage. Flee + Berserk was awesome on DomieV's part as well. But those ninjas kept hammering away! The over 400 HP healing was awesome triggering Dragon Sprit. GG Both of you!

Skiploom wins! Hooray for the underdog! But credit to Anima Zero for using his lancers effectively. Reraises were everywhere but so was refute and holy. Good job Skiploom!

This was one hell of a nail biter. I was so nervous for TrueLight in round 3 because of the statuses. His wizards tried their damn hardest but Gaignun showed everyone how underrated time mages can be as a team. Those last few moments were intense. GG Both of you! Awesome match!

Good job Krypt with the statuses. Odd to see low faith oracles using magic but hey RNG worked in your favor

Well that sucked....for me. Still have to gave Jumza credit for the strong AoE assault he laid on me. Wished I had better luck than what the RNG gave me but overall I think I hung in there. I think I'll have a better showing in the loser's bracket. If not then I disgraced myself :( GG Jumza. You earned the win

Season 4 champ goes in with style! 419 damage spellbreakers hurt. But the AoE proves vital for dw's win. Good luck Season 4 champ in the loser's bracket

TrueLight

Soo close...the final sequences of round 3 were heartbreaking to watch. Time Mage double turns my Wizard, puts him to Sleep, and then the missed Revive along with Berserk/Death Sentence to seal my fate. At least he got one attack in before biting the dust. GG Gaignun. Your fast and annoying Time Mages are going to be a handful to deal with.

To the Loser's Bracket I go!

Shintroy

August 12, 2015, 08:43:31 pm #55 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:51:36 pm by Shintroy
Ninja vs Paladin
Melee vs Melee. Vigilanti has better melee units and superior offensive options due to base movement and speed. Betting on DomieV since I want Paladins to go far in this tournament. That berserk paladin is one of the best paladin builds I've seen since Truelight's white magic paladin.

R1 - EZ
R2 - Much better round for Vigilanti. Didn't get one shotted and exploited DomieV's weak recovery.
R3 - The dream is dead.
Some day my people will be free.

Anima Zero

Two teams with very similar high tanking properties.  It all comes down to whomever outchips the other really and skiploom was able to edge me out.  GG!  Let's see how I fare in the loser's bracket then.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Vigilanti

holy crap my team did better than I realized. Wow those paladins were scary but my ninjas were scarier! GG Domie!

dw6561

Good match! I was scared of that summon magic bard and also the lore one. That Odin in round one had me worried for a second, but high magic evade and HP totals definitely earned me round two. I think I might have also gotten a little lucky with the stop procs and that triple kill.

By the way, my unit probably moved but didn't act that one time because he had a giant axe and I think three of Andante's bards had earth absorb. So my unit could do literally nothing to him since he doesn't have any offensive skills besides grand cross. I think that's a fundamental flaw in the design of my team, so I'll have to see how I perform in the next round.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

skiploom188

August 12, 2015, 10:33:29 pm #59 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:52:01 pm by skiploom188
Wow, I did it. I always thought I was cursed with Round 1 defeats. This match proved otherwise. Finally breaking that curse is the best feeling ever. Finally in all my attempts at Arena, something turned out right.

When Round 1 ended during the half of the video (yeah I look at the video time, spoiling the surprise sorry lol). I thought it was over for me. If one round took that long and Anima Zero took it then it's safe to assume that Round 2 can also play out that long with the same winner 2-0. But was I in for a surprise. It didn't end up like I thought it would (Epic loss on the face). I was on the edge of my seat during the last round. I was so scared by that Lancer triggering HP Restore. The suspense was too much! Thank you Anima Zero for giving me a match I'll remember. While you may be the only Lancer team in the Tourney, it's definitely a great build. Represent the Lancers and keep it alive!

My team of School Idols did it!!!

Gaignun, I just wanted to say that I am a big fan of your builds. The team you made way back then with that Zombie/Raise2 Oracle, Chiri Geomancer, Blast Gun Chemist, and The Holy Bard continues to blow me away with just how versatile they are on EVERYTHING they are up against! That team is really an inspiration to me.

And now that I'll be facing you in Round 2 is both exciting and scary. I know what you're capable of. Never in my wildest dreams would I think I'd get the chance to have a match with you. I'll give it my best out there!

======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================