• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:00:12 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

2nd FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, August 11, 2015, 07:16:35 am

Corosar

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Anima Zero

So many teams, heh.  This oughta be very fun to watch so best of luck to all!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

dw6561

Hey wait a second, I just noticed something. The master guide says bards can't equip robes. What's going on with that? I don't mean to sound accusatory or anything, it's just a thing I noticed and wanted to mention before the first match.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Gaignun

Yeah, they can't.

... I see that three of Andante's Bards have robes.  We'll have to wait for the tournament organizer's ruling on this.

DARKANGELUXZ

Andante49

Beware the Memcard Generator's lies! Don't be taken like I was!

Sorry about that :oops:, no offense intended.

Quote from: dw6561 on August 11, 2015, 11:55:28 pm
...I don't mean to sound accusatory or anything...

Thank you for keeping me honest, glad someone caught it now. I'll await Barren's decision.

In the meantime GL dw6561 in our match, all the M-Evade and the strong Draw Outs will make it very difficult for my soon-to-be fully legal team to deal with.

dw6561

Don't worry Andante, I made the same error initially for one of my teams too. Anyway I'm glad I brought it up. GL to you too.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Reks

I didn't expect to be put ahead a bit, but alas.

I don't really expect to do well, tbh.

We'll see how things go, though.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

gatebuster202

Good Luck Everyone. My Geos have long been finalized. (With little playtesting  :shock:.)

Anyway, I've got Paladins or Ninjas to be concerned with... For some odd reason, I'm rooting for DomieV's Paladins... (Might be a speed thing.)

I've got my recording ready to go. Hopefully I won't have to sneak out to a local church or something to record my commentary.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Barren

August 12, 2015, 05:37:09 am #29 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:51:25 am by Barren
I know the master guide says that bards can't equip robes but I allowed it anyways. It may have been initially an oversight on my part but for the sake of not wasting anymore time with the edits, I'll let it slide for this one. However if Andante wants to make the corrections then he is allowed to. He just has to PM CT5Holy about it in case he has to do the match over. And PM me so I'll make the corrections

Next update to the mem card generator should have that correction for the next patch. Hopefully FFMaster can also fix the error with the phoenix blade I'm sure you guys are aware of
You dare cross blades with me?

Elmdork

August 12, 2015, 08:26:42 am #30 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:49:00 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Hey, can I have my palettes swapped to red/yellow? Not a big deal, just want them to be pretty  :oops:

Good luck to you all, and can't wait to see our opener, redworld! I'm actually a bit scared.

as for the team/band name, I suggest "Dethfrog"

Edit: Oh, cool! Wow holy crap you guys just banged out everything, huh? That's awesome, can't complain. Haven't seen some action in a while :p
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Barren

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on August 12, 2015, 08:26:42 am
Hey, can I have my palettes swapped to red/yellow? Not a big deal, just want them to be pretty  :oops:

Good luck to you all, and can't wait to see our opener, redworld! I'm actually a bit scared.

as for the team/band name, I suggest "Dethfrog"

I already did your match rouroni but i'll make the changes for you now. I'll upload my portion of the matches after CT5Holy is done with his

Mudvayne

IMO bards should be able to equip robes anyways. I've made that mistake my self a few times making bard units then realizing they can't wear robes (usually black robe, since I try to make them casters often) then I scrap the unit because it loses it's punch.

Gaignun

Bards have the punch of a Wizard, but with the HP of a middleweight, and the PA to deal some serious Counter Flood damage.  I always figured that the lack of an MP pool from robes is meant to counterbalance these advantages.

reinoe

Quote from: Gaignun on August 12, 2015, 10:48:01 am
Bards have the punch of a Wizard, but with the HP of a middleweight, and the PA to deal some serious Counter Flood damage.  I always figured that the lack of an MP pool from robes is meant to counterbalance these advantages.

That was always my take on it too.  If Bards have access to Robes then it makes the Wizard Class completely irrelevant.
My dreams can come true!

Mudvayne

True. But it gives the option of having an effective male caster. Does not make wizard irrelevant because you never ever see male wizards. Wizards are strictly 99.9% of the time, a female unit. It does make bards slightly OP but the gender difference makes it balanced IMO.

silentkaster

Quote from: reinoe on August 12, 2015, 11:09:52 am
That was always my take on it too.  If Bards have access to Robes then it makes the Wizard Class completely irrelevant.

Quote from: Gaignun on August 12, 2015, 10:48:01 am

Agreed. Bards have high MA and with innate access to Angel Song, even have an MP replenishment method which Scholars and Wizards don't. In fact, I personally have asked about this mem card glitch before and was told by a veteran player that they were specifically left off bards to avoid them from being OP.

I hate to be the odd one out here, but I would ask the team does get edited. Equipment struggles are a part of the challenge. I don't just ask this since I personally had the challenge of creating an all monk team which has severe weapon and headgear restrictions when needing to choose unique items, nor do I ask this because Andante was the last winner. I would ask the same of any player.

I more ask this since everyone has done at least some work putting a team together. If Andante wins, you may think "It is because he was allowed to have robes." If he doesn't, he may think, "Maybe if I had not had robes, I would have changed this or that and done better." I don't want anyone to feel they had a false sense of victory or defeat (and I'm aware that it's not a huge competition: still, some people put a lot of effort in and want to know they at least have it the best they could come up with and they weren't beaten by a glitch.)

I will stand by whatever decision is made, but just throwing my two cents in.

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Mudvayne

August 12, 2015, 11:37:53 am #37 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:48:48 am by Mudvayne
100% agreed, Silentkaster. I just didn't want to be the first one to point it out.

His team is against the rules. 3/4 of units are impossible to recreate because of equip choices. If it were maybe 1 unit, ok let it slide. His team allows 3 units to equip items they shouldn't.

If 3 of my samurais were wearing clothes for example (which would have been severely helpful..) I think people would complain. Samurais can't wear clothes, only robes and armor, so why would I be able to get away with it on 75% of my team allowing unequipable items? No hostility of course, it's just like SK said. If he wins, "it's cause of the robes", if he loses "it's cause of the robes". Put his match on hold, give him ~5 days to re-create a team (sorry) and then re-record the match. It's only fair.

edit: @Barren, 'TeamPlayer' is still supposed to have Cure 3 on her white magic skill set. Thanks.

Barren

Ahh thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it

And Andante already sent me the fixes to be made so all is good here

Mudvayne

No worries. Must have gotten lost in translation between the many, many edits. The last version of the team I sent to you had it, but when you re-sent the team back to me after making edits (and making it look pretty with the breaks ============= in it) and I just made my edits off that version, and that version did not have Cure 3 for whatever reason, and was not intended.

And awesome. I'm really glad he decided to fix it. That makes things more fair all around simply because no-one can use the "it's because of the robes" excuse for however the match turns out.