• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:59:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New title image?

Started by philsov, April 16, 2010, 09:55:50 pm

philsov

Its a rather low priority thing, but its something cosmetic I'd like to include.

However, since my art skills (computer or otherwise) are pretty craptastic, I'm tempted to simply convert a fan art picture into a 320x240 image, spruce it up slightly, and slap it in.  Here are some of the ones I've attempted though far (quite rough, I know).  These images were easier because they were 300x300 by default :D

Other candidates include:

(ps, can you tell I think chocobos are AWESOME?)

Anyone have an opinion on the matter? These are awesome?  They suck?  They suck, but, philsov, here's something awesome?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

The Damned

I think the current title image is fine, especially since as much I like cartoons, I realize that a lot of people can be graphic whores and be turned off by certain art styles.

You might as well just keep it as is for now.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

formerdeathcorps

Unless you are like me (the minority) in assuming that Ramza died and Olan just saw an illusion and are willing to write that into the script more explicitly, I wouldn't pick the first one.
I would not pick the fourth one unless you wish to have a storyline that someone emphasizes Ramza's relationship to a certain generic female squire (which is what that image looks like).

Otherwise, the rest look good but aren't really inspiring.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RavenOfRazgriz

I'm not feeling any of these, myself.

I can toss you something together in Photoshop if you like, my skills are... moderate, and I'm enough of a perfectionist that it'll at least look fairly decent.

Let me poke around for some images and stuff and see what I can find on that front, at least.

The Damned

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Unless you are like me (the minority) in assuming that Ramza died and Olan just saw an illusion and are willing to write that into the script more explicitly, I wouldn't pick the first one.

We're in the minority?

Shit. I'm the minority in everything....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

formerdeathcorps

The Damned:
Surprisingly yes, though I think much of it is that most FFT fans want to believe Ramza survived and Delita didn't, even the "written history" of Ivalice after the Lion War actually goes in the other direction.  Of course, Square's official pronouncements on this haven't exactly helped us here.  But that's tangential.

What I'd rather see is something like the original screen, or just a happy chocobo staring at the viewer with FFT ASM'd written in the original font.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

LastingDawn

Well I can offer a picture that is, well it looks fantastic but it does lack a Chocobo (though it does have Worker 8).

Here you go.

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

philsov

ah... that is one that I overlooked.

hm.  If I include the whole picture it becomes too poor quality if I cram it into a 320x240, but if I crop it prior and focus on the center...

Only flub is the Leo thing... gem is probably too stuck in there but I might be able to rub out the white text at least.  Use the top portion to include "Final Fantasy Tactics" and this really has some potential!

[attachment=1:2e5c11fs]title3.JPG[/attachment:2e5c11fs]

And then heres the dedicate picture...

[attachment=0:2e5c11fs]dedicatetitle.JPG[/attachment:2e5c11fs]

Eh, too somber.  Sorry doku :p

MiKeMiTchi

Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kagebunji

I like the one with female squire actually, you could use Female Warrior sprite from main to make her unique and do some love story :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Smitson

My god does Elmdore look like Sephiroth in that picture.

MiKeMiTchi

I added the FFT title and removed 'Leo'.
Here:

[attachment=0:23jrlttv]titlescreenasmd.bmp[/attachment:23jrlttv]

Kagebunji

Epic, I love it. Good job on this.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

philsov

initially I was a bit sad to see all the other characters faded away but looking at it more and more its a very nice touch.

Excellent!

Can you post up the base file, mike? :D

MiKeMiTchi

I can still change it if you like.

Here:

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

MiKeMiTchi

Whaaat!?

Update: 'More characters' screen: