• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Arena Season 6 AI Tournament Registration

Started by Barren, February 05, 2018, 08:57:20 am

Barren

February 05, 2018, 08:57:20 am Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:04:40 am by Barren
Registration is finally open! Thank you to those who have been following FFT Arena for the last 8 years and thank you for following FFT Arena recently. We've finally reached our 6th seasonal AI Tournament!

[youtube]IFS1IPai700[youtube]

Now the rules are as follows:

Regular JP Cap rule is in place. So you can build a unit up to a total of 3000 JP. Refer to this link for more details and an example of how a team is built.

2x of Same abilities/equipment only

Kashkabald will explain how the brackets will work this time around

Also please PM me your teams and I will double check to make sure they are legal. We are allowing up to 32 participants in the tournament and the deadline is 2/26/18 11:59 EST.

Update: The new deadline is March 2 11:59 PM EST

Good luck everyone and thank you very much!

Participants
Saw2th
Brony_Saiyan
Reks
Dr. Carvalho
Simmon (AJ on discord)
RayKamiya
Anima Zero
Heroebal
Winter's Fury
Corosar
Myrmidon (Hyppocritamus on Discord)
dw6561
Zalbanes
WhiteKnightWiegraf
silentkaster
Andante49
Argy
AltairSpartan
Roluth
Kashkabald
Gaignun
Skiploom188
SalmonMax
Andrew
Shintroy
eren555
Ahong
CupOfAlcoholism
Pride
RavenOfRazgriz
xstasis
Dokurider
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Kashkabald

February 05, 2018, 09:12:54 am #1 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:10:13 am by Kashkabald
How the format is this season:

Provided we cap out at 32, we'll have 8 groups of 4 players randomly drawn using pots (which basically means players will be seeded according to last season's rankings and made sure the top seeds will be placed in the same pot and so on, to avoid heavily stacked groups). Everyone will play against each other in their group once, Bo3.
Top 2 in each group move on to the next phase, which will be a standard Double Elimination bracket. Players who finish their groups in first place will be randomly drawn against those who have finished in second place. Everything will be Bo3, aside from Grand Finals, which will be played Bo5.

Also taking this opportunity to ask for help: When signups are closed and the draws are done, I'll make a spreadsheet to assign people to record/stream matches. If you can record even a single match, that's a great help. Top 4 in the DE bracket will probably be done by me and Barren like last year, aside from that everything is fair game.

Argy

• Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Corosar

February 05, 2018, 05:33:25 pm #3 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 05:58:34 pm by Corosar
i wish to take part in this one. gonna have to work on a team i hope works out. seeing my track record though.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Anima Zero

Welp, throwing my hat into this once more.  Let's see how far I advance this year!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Simmon

Count me in. The new team I made for the tournament is still a work in progress, but I'll have it submitted before the deadline.

Brony_Saiyan

This will be my first time but count me in hope i can set up the team i want before the deadline tho :( :(
Just Saiyan

Kurosabes

• Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

silentkaster

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

skiploom188

Hmmmmmmmmmm? A new AI Tournament? Cool!

I dunno if I can make a team because now I'm very rusty in team building and haven't touched those spreadsheets in a long time. But we'll see. Skiploom may or may not join.
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Barren

Everyone heads up! The deadline is in 3 days. So please if you say you're going to submit a team, don't forget to do so!

Barren

February 25, 2018, 07:19:02 am #11 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:11:08 am by Barren
we have 16 registered teams on board. If we can get at least anywhere between 4 - 8 more people that would be great! Last day is to sign up this Friday March 2! I have decided to extend the dead by a few more days but that's it

skiploom188

Wow thanks Barren. I was feeling really down when I thought that registrations are already closed until I saw your post. I'm glad you extended. Suddenly I just felt the urge to join and I really want to join this tournament. Time to work those spreadsheets
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Barren

I'm glad you can join skiploom. Please let me know if you have any more questions

Ahong

I'm in!

Gonna do some research for a good combo!!

Barren

Today is the last day to sign up. So if you haven't PM'd me your team do it before midnight!

Andrew

I'm in.  Submitted my team to Barren (PM over Discord).

Barren