• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:17:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Koruten's Sprites

Started by Koruten, May 19, 2012, 12:58:17 pm

Koruten

March 29, 2015, 12:28:22 am #20 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:59:00 am by Koruten
Shippin out an update. :)

EDIT

Portrait works in-game. :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Neck on portrait is pretty bulky, mainly due to that darker skin tone on the side. Would you mind posting normal sized portrait and sprite too? For the sprite, the fur could use more shading. You might wanna try harder on making his hair different from Wiegraf's a little bit more. It's coming along nicely :)

Koruten

March 29, 2015, 08:26:33 am #22 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:49:21 am by Koruten
The portrait has some incorrect colors, which is why it looks like that. I had taken a portrait I made in Paint XP and pasted it into Gale and did some color edits. Since I used (possibly) too many colors, it kinda messed up.

And yeah I'm trying to style up his hair a bit more. Just trying to remove the cape one sprite at a time. :3

EDIT: I patched up the portrait a bit.

Lijj

Yeah, Jumza's right about the neck area. Also about what Kagebunji said; if you move the top part of the neck in where it sticks out more it would look better. Then move the other side under the jaw in 1 pixel probably.
Cool portrait though!
  • Modding version: PSX

Koruten

So like this?

Left : New , Right : Old

Lijj

Close! but here's a minor touch up cause it would have been harder to explain than to to just show you:

Kagebunji

Simple details, yet give so much more quality :)

It's going in the right direction!

Koruten

Alright. Thanks for the improvement tips Lijj.

Also I started working on the back of the head.

Left : New , Right : Old

Kagebunji

A very good improvement! You should also try to change the left bang, and it will be completely different. Nicely done :)

MiKeMiTchi

He's looking good. The left bang on the portrait stands out too much, you should lighten its outline or alter it, as Kage mentioned. Show a little bit of his back hair on the portrait, too, if you're going to use the new version of the sprite. Also, do follow Lijj's edit on the armor and other minor shadings. It's really a nice touch-up. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Koruten

Alright, time for more updates...terrible ones at that.

I think I messed this up pretty badly ahaha.

Left : First attempt to update; Right : Second Attempt.

I'm not sure if I like it. It looks weird to me, but I cannot seem to fix it.

I kinda wanted it to match the hairstyle I drew for him. :s

Kagebunji

Overall the shapes aren't too bad, it's the shading that is the issue here. It has pillow shading in some places and banding. I would suggest using Wiegraf's hair and copy/paste somethiung that will look similiar instead of customing it, since doing custom portraits is especially hard. With some work, it will work out :)

jimmyjw88

I actually kinda like that sideburn in your first portrait attempt.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Koruten

Don't know what to make of this yet. I keep looking at it and thinking something looks way off.

Angel

Mainly, you need a palette adjustment. It looks a bit flat, and that's partly due to only using 15 colors, and mostly due to some of your colors being too similar. The sprite itself isn't that bad, it's just the palette that needs messed with.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

azavier

Koruten

October 28, 2016, 12:05:42 am #36 Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:15:54 am by Koruten
I'm back. Been busy with college.

Getting back into the grove with some frankenspriting.

EDIT : Finished sprite.

Don't think I could make a portrait.

Koruten

October 31, 2016, 12:42:15 am #37 Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:36:35 am by Koruten
Working on another one.

Made my friend a character for him. For the sprite I took the male Archer head and changed it, and plopped it onto the male Squire body. The portrait is an edit of the Gariland Squire. I honestly tried my best with it.

Lemme know what you think.

Twinees

Keep at it Koruten. If you keep working at it you'll improve, gotta start somewhere. Looking at other portraits should help with hair flow. With the sprite, most of it is readable which is great. The section between the forehead and hair is a little pixelated though. If you are enjoying making sprites, keep doing so! That's an important part also :).