• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:21:18 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New spells...

Started by Zozma, January 21, 2008, 09:59:07 pm

LastingDawn

March 18, 2008, 08:29:40 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm? I never noticed that the Oracle calls upon a ghost to use it's attacks... but now that I think about it... that is rather odd. But yes, if you do that, it may seem like you've lost what makes an Oracle an Oracle.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

March 18, 2008, 03:06:05 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
when you think about it in a general "FF" magic set sort of way they would seem more normal without the little ghosts...

im still so tempted to use the slots for custom skills tho..
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

March 18, 2008, 03:10:18 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, if I understood right, you don't want to overshadow Beowulf, who, in my opinion... has too much going on with him anyhow. To take a little bit of him and applying it to other classes doesn't seem like a bad idea at all.

Art of War

Zozma

March 18, 2008, 08:36:20 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well its not so much watering down beowulf as it is doing so to the oracle... its only really in a grafix sense. but i somehow dont really care for the ghosts anyway. i think it looks more like other FF games spells if you remove them. but maybe it is a good idea to do something else with beowulf anyway. im kind of torn between chaning his skills completely and keeping them the same.. on the other hand if i did remove his spells, it would leave room for my own custom job "Mystic Knight" who will use thunder, ice, fire, wind, earth sword attacks.. itll look like spells with the sword attack animation but will do physical damage with elemental property

Xifanie

March 18, 2008, 09:25:11 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Personally I always prefered using Beowulf for the simple fact that his skill animations takes twice less time and looks less weird.

Actually if I were you I'd make Beowulf a Mystic Knight, I feel it suits him better than his current Temple Knight.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Zozma

March 19, 2008, 06:42:59 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hmm that sounds good actually, i mean his skills are basically duplicates of the oracle skills without the lil ghosts and without any ct.

it may change my plans for Alicia being a Mystic Knight unless either i make her's vary somewhat or turn her into an enemy after the intro.

NeedsMoreNoise

March 19, 2008, 06:24:28 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Zodiac"Personally I always prefered using Beowulf for the simple fact that his skill animations takes twice less time and looks less weird.

Actually if I were you I'd make Beowulf a Mystic Knight, I feel it suits him better than his current Temple Knight.
The Temple Knight thing always confused me, since in the story, those were the people like Wiegraf, Izlude, etc.

Sen

March 19, 2008, 10:45:48 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
They're Shrine Knights.
I think Templar is better than Temple Knight.

Zozma

March 19, 2008, 10:57:30 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah i agree that Templar is a better name, i dont like most of the psp translation, but i do agree on a few of the changes... (hate things like "basic skill" being replaced with "Fundaments" wtf lol...) still if you divide up the huge amount of skills he has you can create two seperate and better sword mages which is exactly what i plan to do... :D

okay so i pasted a recolored stacis sword over the oracles version of "blind"
and then a recolored hellcry punch, yay new sword skills i guess? and i dont have to use the exact same gfx lol

Sen

March 29, 2008, 03:36:07 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
hey Zozma would you mind making a tutorial about the Snespal coz I have difficulties in using it and also others who don't know how to use it?

second: How about creating sword skill with different form of attacks like
Direct: like dragon breaths
Cleave: 3 Directions

Zozma

March 29, 2008, 05:10:45 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well i donno about a tutorial but ill try to explain best i can...

basically for right now all you need to know if your trying to edit the color palette of a skill is that youll know that you've found it when you see it.
say you open up one of the effect files and the spell is normally blue (like stasis sword) you can scroll thru all the colors (which appear in a row) if you keep scrolling forward for a while youll find a long series of the color blue that gradually gets either lighter or darker down the row... typically thats the color palette, and you have to individually adjust the red blue and green of each...
pain in the ass? yes but untill we can open the effects in something like photoshop and then save it back into the origional file i donno what else to do... but my advice for using it is that if you want to change the color, make sure that its brightness equals that of the one you change it to... like if red is 10, green is 0 and blue is 20 and you want to reverse what color it is, just switch them around for the entire palette.

i hope that helps somewhat.. to scroll forward hold down the button circled in red, but beware holding it down for too long makes it scroll super fast..

and where ive circled in blue, that number indicates the location of each individual color to edit (if you find the right spot you can wright down the number and type it in here to jump strait to that spot) in this example ive turned the blue gusty wind skill into a green aero spell :P

for this spell, just to be clear, i have switched all the blue's values with the green. looking at this series of color, its obvious that this section of colors is the palette. before you get to the palette youll see random other colors in no particular pattern...

Sen

March 29, 2008, 11:11:09 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
hehe thanks but its a pain finding the palettes am I right?

red stasis sword = bloody swoord :twisted:

Zozma

March 29, 2008, 03:28:10 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
not really its pretty obvious where the palette is because all the different shades of the same color appear together... its more time consuming than hard

Vanya

April 04, 2008, 06:16:38 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I'm definitely going to drop the ghost thingys, especially since I'm making Beowulf into a Mystic Knight (Actually I prefer the term Mage Knight).

What I'm thinking, though is that if the data in the effect files is organized neatly there's probably some specific byte(s) for the caster's pose. It would make sense to do it like that. Tracking that info down would greatly increase our flexibility.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

April 05, 2008, 06:10:01 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i really dont think the data for the pose is in the effect file.

if you save the "stasis sword" effect over the "silence song" effect
and then test out silence song, it looks like you cast a spell to create the stasis sword... so i really think its elsewhere... (just look at my screenshots above (thats alma casting "blind" on someone) she doesnt swing she casts like it were a spell...

thats why im having to remove a few monster skills like "small bomb" ,"eye gauge", "choco attack", and 'beak"
because they use the weapon strike animation, so i can use those slots to create brand new sword skills

heres an example of what i did:

i created the "purple hellcry punch" effect

pasted it in the oracle's effect for blind
(i assigned the same gfx from the temple knight's version of the oracle skills so i could use the effect slots of the origional oracle skills to create new sword skills effects)

i took away chocobo's "choco attack" and gave him normal "attack" (the skill right above "potion"

assigned the new purple hellcry punch to display when using "choco attack" and also made it so it requires a sword and checked the box for "weapon strike" so it shows the sword too...

and there i go, new swordskill....

Sen

April 05, 2008, 06:25:48 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
Hehe I've also tried making stasis sword into red and it was a success.

Zozma

April 05, 2008, 06:47:32 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i think its pretty sweet really, a whole new swordsman can be created or you could create commoners with one special up their sleeves to make enemies in battle more interesting...

with the purple swordskill ill make it inflict 100% poison on top of the damage.. plus it will be effect 1 mwahaha... "venom blade" or something

LastingDawn

April 05, 2008, 06:51:57 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, I see what you mean, have a few secondary skillsets reserved for NPC's! That would balance things quite a fair bit, or in essence, would break them if they were invited, I can't recall if secondary skills stay on after you invite someone.

Art of War

Zozma

April 05, 2008, 07:44:42 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i think secondary does stay. but id just make it so enemies with those secondary wont join you.

also has anyone else noticed, if you give an actual mp using spell to a monster skillset the monster doesnt use mp? hmmm..........

Vanya

April 07, 2008, 06:24:26 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
How can the files be edited? For example, what if I wanted to use Wave Around (the 2nd Minotaur skill) but without the lightning? How could I remove that part of the effect?
¯\(°_0)/¯