• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:17:44 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

If I use ASM hacks on the psx version

Started by Zebra, April 25, 2014, 11:43:59 am

Zebra

April 25, 2014, 11:43:59 am Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:56:28 am by Zebra
And then convert the ISO with pops to a psp classic so I can put it on my psp, will the ASM hacks still be there? Specifically the job wheel ASM hack?

Edit:psx version.  iPad spellcheck >.>

3lric

Yes, they will, however some ASM hacks have issues that cause them to not function on actual consoles.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zebra

Quote from: Elric on April 25, 2014, 12:12:31 pm
Yes, they will, however some ASM hacks have issues that cause them to not function on actual consoles.

Is RAD one of these?  That's my most important one because I hate the way srpgs make special characters better than ones I make myself.

3lric

Yes, AFAIK, RAD and ALMA are both in that boat.

Zebra

Quote from: Elric on April 25, 2014, 03:44:50 pm
Yes, AFAIK, RAD and ALMA are both in that boat.

Meaning RAD works with the psx > psp conversion? Well then I'm set!  No more switching out generics for special characters for me!

Xifanie

No. He means he thinks you can't use them on console. They're both extremely complex hacks and the author wasn't trying to make it console-friendly. I doubt anyone managed to fully fix it. I can't even understand the damn thing myself.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

RAD, ALMA, and some of the larger and older hacks not updated in the past year won't work in a PSP eboot. PSP is the most temperamental hardware to play nice with when it comes to ASM hacks, since it's a very HLE environment.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Zebra

Oh darn.   That's a bummer.  I guess I just have to make better generic jobs in fft patcher, but they overwrite the original...

Has anyone done anything with the iOS version or is that even farther behind? Can you add the psp exclusive weapons without getting rid of original ones now?

Xifanie

if there's anything iOS it's a save editor and nothing else.
No adding, you can only replace. I think you might be putting too many expectations in RAD for that, because yes it allows to change to more jobs, but you can't learn abilities, set them requirements or anything. It's just as if you used a gameshark code to change your job.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Zebra

Quote from: Xifanie on April 25, 2014, 06:45:22 pm
if there's anything iOS it's a save editor and nothing else.
No adding, you can only replace. I think you might be putting too many expectations in RAD for that, because yes it allows to change to more jobs, but you can't learn abilities, set them requirements or anything. It's just as if you used a gameshark code to change your job.

Exactly.  I want my generics to be holy knights and such.  While Getting the feeling of earning the jobs instead of blatant cheating.(what I want is not so blatant cheating :p)I don't like the fact that generics in srpgs pretty much always get the short end of the stick.  It removes customization in favor of character story which I personally dislike.

Xifanie

Well then I guess that means you won't get what you want. Unless you like, sacrifice Archer or something and overwrite it with Holy Knight.