• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

DarkShade's Sprites

Started by DarkShade, December 20, 2011, 08:51:42 pm

DarkShade

December 20, 2011, 08:51:42 pm Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:41:27 pm by Celdia
Hey guys, I have been working on a sprite and would like to show you guys. It's just Tidus and Dart mixed and I don't know what the colors will be.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

DarkShade

January 05, 2012, 07:06:23 pm #1 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:33:01 pm by DarkShade
Well i got a update on my character Fayt. i would like to have your input on this please.

EDIT:Well i just realize there is an error in this i will post a new one soon.

The newer one is on the bottom you can tell what was wrong when you look at both of them
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Elric

Nice job man, can't wait til you post the finish product with the color changes
  • Modding version: PSX

DarkShade

Thanks for your comment Elric and since i had nothing to do. I work on my Sprite and its almost done except profile picture andthat will be done tomorrow or something but here is what I did from beginning to end. (from where I left off)
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

GeneralStrife

Profile picture...you mean the sprite's portrait, right?

Elric

yes, that's what he's referring to lol

DarkShade

Yes that's what I meant. I'm been playing FFIX again and their portrait is referred to as a Profile Picture in walkthroughs which I'm use to saying since i was making one. But yes The portrait will be done today or sometime very soon. Also I'm going to be doing another Sprite too. it will be Blank form FFIX.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Kagebunji

Changing Fayt's hair color would be a good move here, since it would make him look different from Dart more. And the whites could use some more shading, since it is pretty flat right now(only two colors).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Joseph Strife

Quote from: DarkShade on January 06, 2012, 11:00:40 am
Yes that's what I meant. I'm been playing FFIX again and their portrait is referred to as a Profile Picture in walkthroughs which I'm use to saying since i was making one. But yes The portrait will be done today or sometime very soon. Also I'm going to be doing another Sprite too. it will be Blank form FFIX.

A Blank sprite would be awesome!
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

DarkShade

January 06, 2012, 10:05:07 pm #9 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:33:35 pm by DarkShade
Actually after you said that i do want to change the hair color now so ill post a new one soon with brown and maybe something else but i dont know, I might try black. and which white are you talking about he hoodie or his armor cause his armor has three different colors right now.

EDIT: Well I got done editing colors of some stuff and ended up with two types of sprites. I decided to go with brown, Hope to hear your opinion on this.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

GeneralStrife

It's not that bad. I always love seeing anything other than blonde because it's not easy with FFT sprites, they are nearly all blasted blonde.

Elric

DarkShade

January 07, 2012, 05:13:41 am #12 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:34:04 pm by DarkShade
Thanks it just what i do since I love doing tons of different types of art. I consider myself the jack of trades in art.

Edit: Well i got done with the portrait but I'm going to wait till i can make the spr working right before i show you the portrait.

Edit Again: Well my sprite works and its upload in the sprites section here is my portrait and spr files
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

jimmyjw88

Unfortunately there's lack of depths in the palettes choice. There's too much black all over the sprite, especially the body/chest part, just black. The portrait obviously needs rework, the palettes and touch ups on the shadings.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DarkShade

Well i obviously don't know what it should be and for my upcoming mod thats the color he wears plus it helps out the story slightly due to some things i wish not to spoil. but yeah if you can find a good color i my change it and i might add editing but i feel horrible crappy and grief.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Lijj

The jagged lines on the shirt hurt. Also too much black all over, like Jimmy said.

DarkShade

I havnt gotten to the portrait but i dont understand when you say "The jagged lines on the shirt hurt."
can you show me a picture with indicators showing what you mean also My friend found this and i work on it a little and its almost finish but the portrait isnt working. I got the Portrait and the sprite but when i put it in the iso the sprites portrait colors are off.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Lijj

Jagged lines are easy to come by when working with pixels. Depending on the amount of colors etc. some shapes are limited.
I changed the palette so you have another shade of gray between the white of the collar and darkness of the shadow.

DarkShade

January 13, 2012, 07:44:23 am #18 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:38:01 pm by DarkShade
Thanks Lijj i was actually gonna fix it today but since you did that.

Edit: I revamped the portrait here it is. I kept the original palate. i wanted to keep the hair color i had originally and and the extra color wont be able to go in

Edit Again: I Started making another character for my new mod and here he is. Also i need your help i got 8 palates and i need to know which is better.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

XD0097

Quote from: DarkShade on January 13, 2012, 12:30:05 am
I havnt gotten to the portrait but i dont understand when you say "The jagged lines on the shirt hurt."
can you show me a picture with indicators showing what you mean also My friend found this and i work on it a little and its almost finish but the portrait isnt working. I got the Portrait and the sprite but when i put it in the iso the sprites portrait colors are off.

can you make this a usable human sprite i really want to use it