• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Dome

Lol, thanks for the bug report xD
The ASM is already implemented, and it works like a charm for me...bah, dunno how to fix it >_>

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Neophyte Ronin

Strange--I have been using Draw Out sporadically but often enough to notice (more than twenty times, enough to have a blade break at least once), and there have not been Broken notices, or even lost articles.  I still have the same two Kiyomori blades since I bought (found?) them and find they have yet to break under my Hell Knight/Netherseer's care.  So, the ASM still works for me as well.  It might have to do with patching a patch, you know: carelessly adding a patch to what has already been patched.  Make a copy of the original vanilla ISO and then patch the new version to that.  There may be unknown conflicts erupting from a simple human error.  Also, I'm using ePSXe since psxfin won't even let me play the patched version.

HebrewToYou

I am 99% certain that katana breakage occurs randomly when you have in "storage" only *one* blade of the type you're attempting to utilize via Draw Out.  If you own two of those blades, the katana will never break and you'll have two in perpetuity.  However, if you own two blades and equip one, you're vulnerable to the breakage.

And, as has been mentioned already, the breakage notification does not appear so you'll have no way of knowing when it occurs unless you're constantly monitoring your inventory.

Bobbyme

August 10, 2012, 02:36:41 pm #243 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:51:08 pm by Bobbyme
I just started playing FFT+ and it's looking VERY promising. One small problem though, after the beginning, the first time on the world map, if I try to change or equip abilities on ramza like counter or item, my game crashes. I play it on a psx, not emulated. Could burning it again help? Or should I patch a different image? I searched around but didn't seem to find anyone with similar problems, could it be my psx? Thanks in advance and thanks for putting so much time and effort into such a wonderful project!!

Dome

Hi Bobbyme, and welcome to FFH where all your dreams come true!

Try playing it on the emulator
1.01C Beta uses many ASM hacks, and some of them may cause problems if you are not playing on ePSXe
Or wait for 1.02 :-)

Bobbyme

Thanks for the quick reply! My poor old psx just can't keep up. I'll just play it on my computer, I'm really excited about all the new abilities and especially about things being rebalanced! Also, do you mean to say 1.02 will run better on a psx? It's just that I really love playing psx games on my psx and old tv, always gets me in the right mood!

Dome

We will try to use less (and better working) ASM hacks for 1.02, which should mean better compatibility with the Psx

DMoogle

Hi Dome/others!

FFT has been one of my favorite games if not my favorite game ever since it came out. I was so excited at the possibilities of playing mods when I discovered this site a few years ago, but many were still in the earlier stages (I think I played 1.3, but TBH I didn't really like it). Your mod looks like a lot of fun! I have a few questions though:

1. Do enemy levels in story battles scale with player levels? I think this might've been something that turned me off from the 1.3 mod I played, since it somewhat disallows the ability to set one's own difficulty.
2. Have move-find items or locations been changed at all? Small detail, but as a "completionist," it's relevant to me. :)
3. Can perfumes be equipped by men? They're currently listed as everyone can equip them in the master guide.

Thanks in advance! I look very forward to playing.

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

1 - Yes, they do. If your highest-level unit is at level 70, enemies will be at level 70. But they will always equip the same gear you can buy in stores. This means that you can freely grind to set up your difficulty level ("X" fight is too hard? Just grind a bit, unlock stuff and roflstomp it. The enemies won't get anything extra bar being at the same level you are)
2 - Unique items are in the DD, nowhere else (Except for the materia Blade)
3 - Not in 1.01C (The currently playable version). They will however be in 1.02

Bobbyme

Hey guys, quick question. Since this won't run on my psx I got me epsxe. What video plugin do you guys use and which are some good options in the configuration? I have pete's currently, but I get 3 options to choose from, and then in each option there's the more specific configuration. I've been experimenting a bit but haven't found an ideal setup yet, any suggestions are welcome, and sorry I'm very new to emulation. But thanks in advance for the help!

Dome

August 12, 2012, 05:29:17 am #250 Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:52:28 am by Dome
I use this configuration:
ePSXe 1.60
Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9

Bobbyme

Thx a million! I'm really looking forward to rediscovering what is easily one of my favorite games of all time! Still have tons of work atm but I don't think I'll be playing anything but fft+ for a good while to come!

Dome

It's always great to hear such things :-)

AMARANT

Hello there, I'm new here but I've already appreciated highly this amazing FFT modification  :roll: I've never thought that my favorite tactical RPG game can be modified so much. At last I can enjoy full potential of Final Fantasy Tactics! Thank you very much for your brilliant work, I hope you'll keep it up! I'm also glad that people still take an interest in such old classic games. Some rebalances, challenging battles and new skills are really nice to see, too.
Now after playing some battles from the first chapter I have one question: where can I find a list of job requirements? Are there any differences from standard vanilla requirements? Thanks in advance.

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

Quote from: AMARANT on October 18, 2012, 01:31:50 pmHello there, I'm new here but I've already appreciated highly this amazing FFT modification  :roll: I've never thought that my favorite tactical RPG game can be modified so much. At last I can enjoy full potential of Final Fantasy Tactics! Thank you very much for your brilliant work, I hope you'll keep it up! I'm also glad that people still take an interest in such old classic games. Some rebalances, challenging battles and new skills are really nice to see, too.

Thanks for the kind words...you'll make us blush :-)

Quote from: AMARANT on October 18, 2012, 01:31:50 pmNow after playing some battles from the first chapter I have one question: where can I find a list of job requirements? Are there any differences from standard vanilla requirements? Thanks in advance.

P.s: Keep in mind that they might change for 1.02 :-)

AMARANT

Thanks for reply :) But there's one more thing... I saw in this topic Wizard's skillset and there were some his new interesting spells described, like Aero, Quake and Idro. Then I created wizard in-game and was very surprised because of a lack of those skills  :? Maybe I missed something or what?

Dome

Well, you are referring to the 1.02 version master guide, which is being worked on XD

NightwolfXVI

I just started this hack last night and the one thing I noticed is that I am having a lot of trouble with the text. In the status menu, after I viewed a class and backed out of it, it showed locked abilities where the classes were. I've also had trouble with the text that isn't in a text box like when it shows the start of a new chapter and what not. Is this an issue with the game currently or is it an issue with my ePSXe?
Also I'm having problems with random slowdowns if anyone could help with that. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Eternal

The text thing is a random graphics bug with ePSXe. As far as slowdown goes, can you give your PC specs and plugin settings?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome