• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:23:25 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Aiolon

Materials~ well i did that with the current version i replaced Katanas and made them into "magicites" each of a diferent element and a diferent purpose of course with this in mind i changed samurai class into Magiciter that does the exact same thing but using magicites instead and with this in mind i had to remove katanas as usable weapons. my idea for this came when i decided to divide weapons by tier since the game is balance-type patch weapons are divided in 3 tiers and of course theres diference but wanted the real rare ones  to be exclusive to synthesis shop .

so i made absolutely all monsters to give Magicites as common poach and tier 2 or rare equipment as a rare item that was necesary to make tier 3 equipment. such as (Ice Fang[T3]: Iceblade[T1] + Icebrand[T2]+ 10 Ice Magicite)

so unless i didnt understand im guessing the new hack will make this posible whitout having to kill/Replace other existing items like i did with katanas?
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Xifanie

If I do complete it, and if it all works as intended, yes.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Aiolon

thats great i hope everything goes well  :D
as for the fort zeakden i never expected it would be posible to randomly open a menu in fort zeakden out of nowhere but then again there are shops i never use... "goug shop" just who buys stuff there? as simple as moving guns to trade cities and bye goug.

Jumza

Quote from: Xifanie on July 08, 2015, 08:30:17 pm
[indent=2]Just replace the ???? with these values. Don't forget to flip the bytes! (Originally 0x5200)

0x0001: Lesalia Imperial Capital
0x0002: Riovanes Castle
0x0004: Igros Castle
0x0008: Lionel Castle
0x0010: Limberry Castle
0x0020: Zeltennia Castle
0x0040: Gariland Magic City
0x0080: Yardow Fort City
0x0100: Goland Coal City
0x0200: Dorter Trade City
0x0400: Zaland Fort City
0x0800: Goug Machine City
0x1000: Warjilis Trade City
0x2000: Bervenia Free City
0x4000: Zarghidas Trade City
0x8000: Fort Zeakden[/indent]

Fort Zeakden is on this list but I noticed that places like Thieves Fort (which is also the tiny blue dot type of location) is not. Does that mean it isn't possible to add this to a menu for it?
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

Huh, I should probably edit my hack then. Yes it is possible, I just assumed for some reason only the first 16 locations were blue dots.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Aiolon

Nelvesca, golgorand, thieves fort , orbonne and Zeakden are tiny blue dots (1 battle maps :/)
and i think bethla and murond are big blue dots but like the small dots once you are done with them... you are done with them.

Elric

I never experienced that bug at all with the text in the Synth shop... (unless you tried to add a line to tactext or remove one) that's the same bug I had in the new (unreleased) version of the proposition hack, but that's cuz I was loading savestate after messing with tactext. The Synth Shop help descriptions should have been fine outside of exit missing a description and synth using sells and sell using exits... Unless you are loading from a savestate, which I can't recommend unless you are doing a battle or something in between testing

Xifanie

July 08, 2015, 11:19:05 pm #427 Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:26:11 am by Xifanie
New version of the Fur Shop Town Availability hack

gatebuster202

@Xifanie.

You mentioned adding raw materials, and then using them to add compound materials. (The Iron Ingot in your example.) Is this working within Synth 1.02 limits of 48 items? Because if more space is possible, this patch would be an absolute overhaul in ways we can obtain equipment. (We still got that item hard limit. But if I was to guess, poach item limit is roughly equal to that limit?) Either way, this is all kinds of awesome. I haven't gone deep into Synth 1.03 but would it be difficult to add to Patcher? (I'm a, hacking infant, I have no idea of scope or ease.)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Aiolon

gah D: ok maybe i was not explicit enough regarding the text bug and i did not make a single change in tactext I SWEAR! but this bug is easy to trigger here some pics with proof.

ok here the normal window we all know with no problems

here the usual item description window all fine.

but this is what happens if i open item description window if the guy is still telling you the required items. in this situation the game froze. sometimes gets really buggy and caracters go out of the text window it looks all messed up xD.

and other times the clerk will stop instantly and his text bubble will dissapear leaving you alone not being able to do a transaction. but if this happens i just go back to the shop menu and its all ok.

Xifanie

I just... can't reproduce that bug, but I also don't want to go back to 1.0 to test out. I don't know if anyone can, I just know I fixed a bug that I'm not sure was present in the first version or not. Funky things happen when you change the format of your code. An easy way to tell, if it takes longer to open and navigate the Synthesis menu VS buy/sell (you can notice a pretty obvious pause), then I've already fixed it in the new version.

If that's not it, it might have something to do with how you formatted your item descriptions?
Or I'm just missing something else entirely x.x

Aiolon

well i tested it with the original vanilla text descriptions and items and same stuff happened, its really weird. i can't think of anything that could cause the bug. but at least i know when it happens but not why it happens

Xifanie

~ Bonus Money = (Level+X)*Y ~

Doesn't get clearer than that

For example: (Level+4)*20
Level 1: 100 gil
Level 2: 120 gil
Level 3: 140 gil
Level 4: 160 gil and so on...

Xifanie

July 31, 2015, 03:21:52 am #433 Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:28:49 am by Xifanie
~ Frameskipper v1.1 ~

Enable/Disable Frame skipping whenever you want! Tested on console: Biggest speedups by far coming from text display speed and effect speed (upwards ~300%), walking speed is barely any faster, JP/exp gain display is noticeably faster and AI is just as slow as it's ever been.
Use alongside my Cross Skip hack for extra skipness!

WARNING: Will cause graphical glitches seen in emulator when frame skipping is on. Right now FFTOrgASM has a bug where if you select the last option then select another, it will set that newer option to FFFF. Beware!

v1.1: Hopefully fixed loading screens and save screens between battles to force the frame skipping off.

You might have seen this before, I figured I'd make a new post given that I updated my last 3 hacks in standalone .xml; The Fur Shop, Bonus Gil, and this one.

Xifanie

August 03, 2015, 11:59:49 pm #434 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:07:04 am by Xifanie
~ Guests in Randoms & Unit Restrictions ~

Description
[indent=2]This allows you to bring guests into random battles. There is an option to make them uncontrollable in said random battles. This hack also allows guests to be selectable on the squad for any story battle as well, so you have to restrict them if they are already loaded from formation to avoid dupes (which of course the spreadsheet covers. This hack is (hopefully) bug-free in vanilla, as I already configured all guest restrictions. The restrictions don't only apply to guests; you can prevent any special character in your party to join the squad! (And you can force them inside the battle with Load Formation)[/indent]

Non-spreadsheet option
[indent=2]I'll always recommend to use the spreadsheet because it's so much easier to use, but if you don't want to be bothered because you're not making a story hack, you can just download the .xml. If you want to have guests controllable in battle, just remove the last <Location></Location> section. To make Alma + Ovelia able to join random battles, delete 00000C300000 at the start of line 39.[/indent]

Angel

Time to make Ovelia pull her weight! Woo~
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Kaijyuu

Oooh, awesome. This also obviously brings in the possibility of having AI only units in your roster, which is interesting.

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

October 29, 2015, 01:15:22 pm #438 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:30:11 pm by Xifanie
2 new hacks!

Monster Skill is disabled
[indent=2]How is this different from Razele's Monster Skill is innate? Well, Razele's hack is very buggy and makes the AI walk next to ally units to use their 4th skill. My hack doesn't have that issue, and it displays all monster skills when you check the unit's status.[/indent]

Move-Find Item is Player only
[indent=2]Tired of enemies stealing your precious Move-Find Items? This hack nulls the effect of Move-Find Item for any unit that isn't blue team. So the only units allowed to pick treasures: Blue team units and charmed/invited units by the blue team.[/indent]

dw6561

Wow, these are great! I always hated them walking onto the traps and stealing my deep dungeon things.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.