• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:30:03 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Xifanie

May 09, 2014, 09:40:02 pm #400 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:30:19 pm by Xifanie
Another lazy hack for lazy people:

Cross Skip

Holding X (Cross button), will fly you through dialogue text as if you were mashing the button.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pride

Slacker where is the skip event button?

JK nicely done ^_^
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Xifanie

May 13, 2014, 08:19:52 pm #404 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:29:48 pm by Xifanie
Cross Skip v2

Description:
Holding X (Cross button), will fly you through dialog text as if you were mashing the button.

Improvements (only when holding X):

• Sets default window speed to 00

• Force custom text speed to 00

• Force current text speed to 00

• Force the Dialogue box opening type to its fastest version

This results in a page flipping speed of 1 per 2 frames (1 page per 1/30th of a second).
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Angel

You once again cement yourself as the creator of the most useful and wonderful hacks. Great job, sweetie!

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

nitwit

What happens when you run into options?  Like the battle at Mandalia Plains?

Xifanie

Nothing really, you can't select an option with X/Cross/Cancel.

Celdia

Just tested this (v2) to see how fast fast is and holy hell I've never seen the Orbonne scene fly by so quickly. This hack is made of magic and DeLoreans.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Angel

My xifi is best hacker ever~ ♥

nitwit

Does this speed up l i t t l e  m o n e y  ?

Angel

Xifanie

May 24, 2014, 09:28:06 pm #412 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:38:47 pm by Xifanie
    Cross Skip v3 (Works on console!)

Description:
    Holding X (Cross button), will fly you through dialog text as if you were mashing the button.

Improvements (only when holding X):

• Sets next character delay to 00

• Force current delay to 00

• Force the Dialogue box opening type to its fastest version

• Force Chapter backgrounds and such to terminate

Known issues:

• Some events will pause, forcing you to re-press X or press another button. This might happen in events of custom mods, and will happen in the following original events: Machinist (after rescuing Mustadio at Zaland), Those who use, those who get used (after defeating Gafgarion at Golgorand), Divine Rafa (after saving Rafa at Yardow). It is not possible to fix without altering the events themselves.

• Pressing X while a background image is present will terminate the background, but there might still be pages left to go through. Keep holding X to prevent unnecessary wait. There would be no easy fix for this, so I won't bother.

This results in a page flipping speed of 1 per 2 frames (1 page per 1/30th of a second).

The last version, because of how I coded it, didn't work sometimes with 2 dialogue boxes opened simultaneously. This has been fixed. Now it also speeds things up for chapter ending backgrounds too.~
    I'm not sharing the .xml code this time because I want to see how many are going to download it.[/list]

Shade

Nice, though not going to download it yet anyways.

But if I may ask... Is it possible to edit the tutorials and make them... challenges? Or uses them for events or extra battles?
    Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Angel

For the longest time, the answer was 'yes', until we actually did use that space for events in TLW... and then we found out we'd been wrong the whole time. They're hard-coded to the point of being pointless to edit. You can, however, replace all 'set up' events in the game, though the subtle nuances of this are unknown to me. You would need to ask Elric or Raven, or wait for one of them to choose to comment on the matter.

Xifanie

New hack!

2nd Squad is not mandatory
    Allows starting a battle with an empty 2nd Squad, even if you have units available.

Xifanie

July 08, 2015, 08:30:17 pm #416 Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:41:23 am by Xifanie
    So, while working on the new synth shop, I had to face the fact that it would really suck to still be unable to change which towns have the Fur Shop option or not. So, if you're looking forward to the new synth shop, you can probably wait. It's going to be included in its spreadsheet, so far easier to edit. Otherwise, keep reading. Originally, only 3 towns have a fur Shop: Dorter, Warjilis, Zarghidas. Let's fix this:

Edit: Link to newest version

Elric

This is so awesome, it actually made this deer melt when he looked at it.

I know, I couldn't believe it either, but it happened.

Aiolon

oh yes yes yes this is indeed something i was waiting for. now i can finally give useless places such as fort zeakden a purpose \o /

off-topic and totally in the wrong section (and i didnt really want to necro bump synt shop thread and i believe its not relevant at all but..) i found out that if you have 0 patience and press the show description button AK spacebar before the fur shop guy stops talking he gets really mad and will bug out the text then leave never talk to you again unless you go back and try to talk again and in the worst cases he will troll you and instantly freze the game D:
    (in emu he usually stops talking. in console the game frezes and thats it but i have tested and can kill emulator too... at least that happens to me)

also new synth shop?? the current one its amazing and i overused it in my personal project wondering what will the new shop have to offer considering the one we have right now seems perfect (ignoring the text bug).

Wizzard: I have returned once again.
    Chocobo: Wark?
    Wizzard: yes.

Xifanie

The new synth shop is meant to rewrite the poaching routine to allow poached monsters to drop materials (up to 256), which will be useable in the synth shop alongside the 256 original items.

Iron Ingot: 1x Fire Ball + 3x Iron Ore (poached from bombs)
    Steel Ingot: 1x Fire Ball + 1x Iron Ingot + 1x Bone (poached from various monsters)
    Iron Fan: 5x Iron Ingots
    Obelisk: 1x Iron Fan + 2 Steel Ingots

Stuff like that.

It's about 1/4th of the way in development, so no promises.

And sorry, but because of how it works, there's only enough space to have the amount of shop the game currently handles. The best that you could do is to have Zeakden use the same shop as Igros or something... Then again I'm not sure that would work without removing it from Igros? But anyway, that's done with my worldmap editing spreadsheet. This hack does NOT enable menus in locations that don't have any, it only adds Fur Shop inside the menu.