• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:38:24 pm

[Old] AI Battles topic!

Started by Dome, December 30, 2011, 12:50:22 pm

Dome

P.s: Chantage has been edited (No re-raise, it's pointless in a 1 Vs 1)
Death has been removed from the wizard's skillset

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

Hum... Going with the squire on this one, something tells me that gastrifits is going to be his salvation, along with critical quick

Dammit, for damage split, if he had regen instead of haste she would have a chance, now my score is 1x1
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dynablade

looks like another easy one
so fuck it im going the other way

Squire wins, doubleshot and critical quick activate and hell he's a lot faster too
but then again this could be over in a single cast of Flare or Firaga/ja.
Then what, she still has chantage, but with no reraise? Or are you giving her something different? And no flash hat over the black hood for more MA?

and shit she also doesn't have short charge, gonna have real problems getting anything off before getting shot in the chest

TrueLight

I'm going with the squire. He only has 40 Faith, plus the slight speed/move advantage. The Kaiser Plate is going to be annoying to get through, but he is going to hit her eventually.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

Remember, do not spoil the result of the fight
If you want to discuss/swear/whatever about the result, please do it under "spoiler"

Joseph Strife

Haha! I knew he would win with a double shot! 2 rights and 1 wrong, keep 'em coming! :D
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Dynablade

finally. looks like with these things you just have to Occam's Razor, trying to determine what they will do each turn only fucks up your guess. Everything happened as planned, and only spent like two minutes theory crafting.

shoruke

I'm at 1 right and 2 wrong. *sigh*

TrueLight

HebrewToYou

Ha!  To quote myself: "I'd say the Squire wins if the crossbow is able to get off the "double-shot" effect once or twice, but otherwise I think it's the Wizard's battle to take.  I'm gonna go with the Wizard."

I thought the wizard had it there, but that double-shot did the trick.  I'm 2 for 3 thus far, but I really should get a half-point for this battle. ;)

Dome

AI fight 4: Male Thief Vs Male Ninja

VS

Joseph Strife

That will be realy balanced, i'm going to bet on the thief. If i'm not mistaken, rubber costume absorbs lightning, that can come from the coral sword. And the combination of feather mantle + weapon guard + the thiefs natural evasion is going to be hard to break trough.

Dynablade

Ninja.
Counter Flood can trigger I think Blindness from the sand stage, which would cripple the Thief. Two attacks to one, Defense UP and a few long range breaks in Battle Skill. One Slow and that Thief is done. 
Question though, why give a Thief Precision, when he has innate Concentrate? Would it also increase the likelihood of his Punch Arts working? If not that is a silly support option.

Dome

"Concentrate" does not make any attack/skill 100%
Just removes the P.Ev from the formula

Dome

Btw, do you guys have any suggestion for the next fight?
Feel free to use also monsters and specials, not only generics (Just -try- to make the fights balanced)

HebrewToYou

Going with the thief here, simply because it's my favorite job in FFT.

TrueLight

Going with the Thief on this one.

Prediction: Thief uses Secret Fist on the Ninja, outlasts Ninja, Thief wins!

Dynablade

Quote from: Dome on January 03, 2012, 03:22:24 pm
"Concentrate" does not make any attack/skill 100%
Just removes the P.Ev from the formula

wait what, if you're removing physical evasion from a physically based attack, wouldn't your to hit% be 100?
and even if it's the removal of natural evasion, same applies since the ninja doesn't have any other way to avoid being hit.
either way it looks like having Precision is useless

Joseph Strife

isn precision the knight ability that raises success rate of attacks and/or abilities by 33%?

shoruke

I'm going to bet on the ninja for this one.
Just because... well... ninja. (also, the bit about having two swords)