• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:43 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Inquisitor Class Discussion (Rad/Ramza Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, February 12, 2009, 07:17:18 pm

LastingDawn

February 12, 2009, 07:17:18 pm Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:44:09 pm by LastingDawn
Inquisitors, Heretic Hunting Magi's Bane.

August 22nd, 2010

A radical group dedicated to weeding out all Magicians from the world. Even those that claim to take their power from God. A radical group who will stop at nothing to dismantle magic, from it's base. Mostly a relic from the past, but the unique skills of these emboldened men are well recorded. Those who possess these skills are often called "Inquisitors". An archaic term, far different from the Pagan Examiner of this day and age. Regardless the namesake Inquisitor has been applied to those who know these skills.

Philsov is to thanks for the current skills, but we still need a few more for this one.
----------------------------

QuoteInquistor - EXPECT IT.  Stole a bit from Meliadoul.  When it doubt, give it a swordskill!Drawing a blank on these skills... maybe I'll thumb through the list from Ivalice Arena now that it's rather kaput.

Iconics:
Mirror Stance - self-only Reflect infliction at 100%.
Head Cracker - PA+65% chance to inflict Addle.  (damage + 100% seemed too good, and damage + 25% seemed to weak, so... goodbye damage)
(Blissful Indulgence) - MP restoration to ally?

Ramza:
Tear Away - 100% removal of magical benefits from target.  3 range, light MP cost, instant.  (Rad has the other dispel in monk)
Shield Smash - PA*WP with a 100% chance to break the targets shield.  Very high MP cost.
???
???
???
Steady Feet - Range 0, AoE 1 vert 3;  100% cancel Stop and Don't Act

Rad:
Mana Strip - removes X% (30%?) mana from user.  This makes Rad/Ramza 2 and 2 for mana burn.
Charm Crush - PA*WP with a 100% chance to break the targets accessory.  Very high MP cost.
???
???
God's Orb - Tar_F * MA * X damage.  Range 4, single target.  Non elemental.
Stable Feet - Range 0, AoE 2 vert 3; 100% cancel Slow and Don't Move

Secret Skill:----------------

Blissful Indulgence - The ultimate skill of the Inquisitor, a product of the latter schools. This ripped mana from the air, and filled an ally of the Inquisitor's. Because of it's contradictory nature to their beliefs, this skill was forbidden, but it was retained in the mind of a few practicing Inquisitors.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

tithin

February 12, 2009, 07:50:41 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
By MA based I assume you mean magic based? or physical attack based? Because I have one or two ideas dependant on either?
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

dwib

February 12, 2009, 07:56:34 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
I suggest a diplomat/politician that can still use words to do battle. For example,

Negotiate - Attempts to break enemy's weapon
Ceasefire - CT -> 0
Enforce - Supreme knowledge of the law imprisons enemy in his own body. Add Stop

Damaging skills could also be added in

LastingDawn

February 12, 2009, 08:15:17 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
MA means Magic Attack based, yes. Hmm, those skills are a bit... lack luster, Dwib. Ceasefire is basically Persuade, Enforce is obviously just Stop.

Art of War

dwib

February 12, 2009, 08:20:13 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
yes true true but it is a fresh idea at least. we need a lot more!!

boomkick

February 12, 2009, 08:21:29 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Assassin

Basically a ninja like character without any throwing skills. Just skills based on speed. He also gets the teleport move skill, should be renamed to dash, so he can be the true speed character. His PA should be high, but his HP, MP, and MA should be around S***. Move/Jump/Speed is relatively good.

A Necromancer character. Like the one i have seen in SoR, it could have abilities that correspond with and should have an affect on undead beings. The necromancer could revive humans/monsters while adding Undead also to them, which could also be called Zombify :). Other skills could boost undead and turn the enemy undead to temporarily attack their allies.

Death's Advocate is a class that mainly deals in death and its interests. If he revives someone, that revived person will be induced with undead, yet be boosted by MANY other beneficial status. He will also have the Death skill and a AOE death skill. He might be able to call on Rich and have other debuffs, such as some of the Fear skillset.

Succubus- Well, most succubi are women, but males have been heard for some weird reason... well, basically they can charm people and monsters and deal in many moves concerning such. She can put charmed people instantly to death or Berserk them. Mainly she deals in many sort of skills and her power is manipulating others and making them believe in something, such as they are really undead (which turns them undead) or they are slower then they are suppose to be (adds slow) or they lost an arm (addle).

Well thats all i have for now.
[/b]

LastingDawn

February 12, 2009, 08:51:08 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "boomkick"Assassin

Basically a ninja like character without any throwing skills. Just skills based on speed. He also gets the teleport move skill, should be renamed to dash, so he can be the true speed character. His PA should be high, but his HP, MP, and MA should be around S***. Move/Jump/Speed is relatively good.

Hmm... not really sure I'm looking for another speed class, by this point...

QuoteA Necromancer character. Like the one i have seen in SoR, it could have abilities that correspond with and should have an affect on undead beings. The necromancer could revive humans/monsters while adding Undead also to them, which could also be called Zombify :). Other skills could boost undead and turn the enemy undead to temporarily attack their allies.

Interesting... if you can come up with a few samples of abilities, I might consider it.[/quote]
QuoteDeath's Advocate is a class that mainly deals in death and its interests. If he revives someone, that revived person will be induced with undead, yet be boosted by MANY other beneficial status. He will also have the Death skill and a AOE death skill. He might be able to call on Rich and have other debuffs, such as some of the Fear skillset.

Death's Advocate looks very interesting... this is one to truly consider, but keep in mind, he's not called Rich as a joke anymore... he steals money. That's it. But as before, a few sample skills, and I'll look over it.

QuoteSuccubus- Well, most succubi are women, but males have been heard for some weird reason... well, basically they can charm people and monsters and deal in many moves concerning such. She can put charmed people instantly to death or Berserk them. Mainly she deals in many sort of skills and her power is manipulating others and making them believe in something, such as they are really undead (which turns them undead) or they are slower then they are suppose to be (adds slow) or they lost an arm (addle).

QuoteWell thats all i have for now.
[/b]

Great ideas! I'll consider them.

Art of War

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 09:02:52 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
How about a mage seal? Kind of like a Warder of the magic variety.

Capable of nulling magic skills from units near it in about a 3 by 3 range.

Also very high defense and evade but low attack value and smaller valued skills.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

boomkick

February 12, 2009, 09:06:40 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Necromancer-

Zombify- revives to full, yet they become a zombie, slow and undead.
Unholy Lust- Haste to an undead unit, but that unit becomes poisoned (100%)
Dark Whisper- AOE darkness spell that heals undead and damages the living.

Death's Advocate-

Death- duh...
All Death- AOE death
Rise- Low chance to revive dead and apply Undead/Haste/Protect/Shell.
Doom- Deals MA*2 (faith also dependent) and adds Death Sentence.
Apocalypse- Deals MA*5 in damage and chance to inflict dead. Blind 2 effect.

just some examples.

LastingDawn

February 12, 2009, 09:43:49 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "boomkick"Necromancer-

Zombify- revives to full, yet they become a zombie, slow and undead.
Unholy Lust- Haste to an undead unit, but that unit becomes poisoned (100%)
Dark Whisper- AOE darkness spell that heals undead and damages the living.

As it stands... two of three of those are impossible, also the only thing that heal dead and damage the living is Death, Demi, and Demi 2 formulas.

QuoteDeath's Advocate-

Death- duh...
All Death- AOE death
Rise- Low chance to revive dead and apply Undead/Haste/Protect/Shell.
Doom- Deals MA*2 (faith also dependent) and adds Death Sentence.
Apocalypse- Deals MA*5 in damage and chance to inflict dead. Blind 2 effect.

just some examples.

Not sure I like those... Death in itself is absurdly powerful, a multi death spell is even... more so. Rise isn't possible. Doom, would only be a 25% dealing, a bit too low... to try for those.  Apocalypse is a nice spell, but Blind 2's effect is already used elsewhere (don't want to make a cool effect into another cliche now...)

Regardless though Apocalypse is a rather solid idea.

Art of War

tithin

February 12, 2009, 09:58:36 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Gambler

Trusting their life to the throw of the dice and the flip of the card, the Gambler is an MA based high Ev character whos strengths can also be his weakness.

Skills

Toss the Dice - Throws a set of dice at a target, deals x - x damage (six dice, between 1 and six damage per dice, ie 1 - 36 damage. Great at low levels, terrible at high levels). Has a low chance of bouncing off the target and hitting the gambler, striking them for the same damage.

Spiked Dice - Similar to the above, except 6 to 12x6 damage.

Flip the Card, Diamond - High chance of casting Any low level black mage spell (Blizzard, Poison, fire, lightning). Has a low chance of curing the target.

Flip the Card, Spade - High chance of casting any low level white mage buff (Regen, Protect, Shell, Reraise etc). Has a roughly 25% chance of inflicting Doom on the gambler.

Flip the Card, Heart -  Medium chance of casting Cure / Cura on the target. Chance of inflicting poison.

Flip the Card, Spade - Chance to inflict a random status on the target (barring crystal etc). Has a high chance of backfire.

Ace of Diamond - Same % chances, higher level spells. Tier 4.

Ace of Spades - Includes t2 time mage spells (reflect, hasteja, etc). Doom inflict chance raised to 33%.

Ace of Hearts - Same % chance, higher level of heals. Can't think of an additional downside for this yet.

Ace of Spades - Much higher % chance on both sides of the coin.

The Joker - In a fit of desperation, the Gambler tosses the final card in his deck. Attempts to instantly slay the target. Low chance of success. (10-20%). Has a similar chance to backfire and slay the gambler.

LastingDawn

February 12, 2009, 10:02:04 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Uh... http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1358 good... effort though. But... oy, such an odd coincidence.

Art of War

boomkick

February 12, 2009, 10:03:10 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Death's Advocate maybe could receive more status altering skills dealing damage. He should be pretty strong yet very fragile.

tithin

February 12, 2009, 10:15:24 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Awww fuck, I didn't see that.

maybe rework it a bit though? Add some of my skills into your plan?

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 10:20:46 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
You forgot Flip the card Club.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

February 12, 2009, 10:20:57 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "tithin"Gambler

Trusting their life to the throw of the dice and the flip of the card, the Gambler is an MA based high Ev character whos strengths can also be his weakness.

Skills

Toss the Dice - Throws a set of dice at a target, deals x - x damage (six dice, between 1 and six damage per dice, ie 1 - 36 damage. Great at low levels, terrible at high levels). Has a low chance of bouncing off the target and hitting the gambler, striking them for the same damage.

Spiked Dice - Similar to the above, except 6 to 12x6 damage.

Flip the Card, Diamond - High chance of casting Any low level black mage spell (Blizzard, Poison, fire, lightning). Has a low chance of curing the target.

Flip the Card, Spade - High chance of casting any low level white mage buff (Regen, Protect, Shell, Reraise etc). Has a roughly 25% chance of inflicting Doom on the gambler.

Flip the Card, Heart -  Medium chance of casting Cure / Cura on the target. Chance of inflicting poison.

Flip the Card, Spade - Chance to inflict a random status on the target (barring crystal etc). Has a high chance of backfire.

Ace of Diamond - Same % chances, higher level spells. Tier 4.

Ace of Spades - Includes t2 time mage spells (reflect, hasteja, etc). Doom inflict chance raised to 33%.

Ace of Hearts - Same % chance, higher level of heals. Can't think of an additional downside for this yet.

Ace of Spades - Much higher % chance on both sides of the coin.

The Joker - In a fit of desperation, the Gambler tosses the final card in his deck. Attempts to instantly slay the target. Low chance of success. (10-20%). Has a similar chance to backfire and slay the gambler.

Well... the odd thing about these skills is... none of them are really possible. Toss the Dice, has no supporting formula
Spiked Dice has no existing formula to use for it
Flip the Card, and the Aces aren't really... possible, certainly with formula 7, you can have three of the Invoker's abilities, but I don't think much beyond that, no way to make it cure your opponent.

The Joker's a cool ability, no doubt, but isn't possible. That's mainly the problem. the Gambler in Mercenaries is mainly PA based as it stands.

Art of War

tithin

February 12, 2009, 10:33:52 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"You forgot Flip the card Club.

I listed spades, twice. The second spade is club.

QuoteSpiked Dice has no existing formula to use for it

There's no "roll d6" option? :\

I'll reconsider. My main flaw is I can have the ocassional good idea, but I don't know what the game is, and is not, capable of doing.

Regardless, I'll begin doing a Mage Seal idea as above, because that was an idea I had also. Apologies for wasting yer time.

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 10:35:46 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Your ideas are possible with multiple hacks, but LD wants to work with what we already have.

LastingDawn

February 12, 2009, 10:45:59 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Darth Paul has it... I would rather not continue to burden the ASMer's with our selfish requests. I feel, unless it is 100% neccessary, not to bug those fellows.

Art of War

boomkick

February 13, 2009, 01:13:33 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
U need more ideas on a new class? I think i can come up with some stuff through some quick brainstorming.