• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:24:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grim Grimoire Beta 0.7- Last Updated: 2/25/16

Started by Eternal, February 12, 2013, 01:48:41 am

3lric

Quote from: Ivalice4Life on September 07, 2016, 06:44:53 am
Wow 9/7/2016 guys, still not at 1.0

Hi JoeCool, I guess you were too dense to understand why you were unable to post on your other account. Or perhaps you didn't think that I'd notice an alt account, though it's well known that I thoroughly check each and every single account that registers to this forum.

Enjoy your ban, you are no longer welcome here.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

I understand frustration with projects that are fraught with delays, but the whineposts accomplish nothing. Especially when you can see, on the very page you posted to, that Eternal's computer got bricked.

It also takes a real special kind of person to get asked to not be a dick by the mods, then go do it anyway on an alt account as if you think you're clever. So just don't.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

My computer should be being repaired sometime this week. The motherboard was fried and is getting replaced, and since I don't have a Windows key from my old one, that'll need to be reinstalled as well. Thankfully, my IT guy said my data should be fine, so with any luck that'll be true. Thankfully, the only things that I really need to do for the update are minor text changes.

And, believe me, as frustrated as that guy was, you can imagine my frustration when I realized my new computer that I spent hundreds of dollars on just a few months ago got fried by a one-off blackout. >:(
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Lowin20

Quote from: Eternal on September 07, 2016, 08:51:46 pm

And, believe me, as frustrated as that guy was, you can imagine my frustration when I realized my new computer that I spent hundreds of dollars on just a few months ago got fried by a one-off blackout. >:(

Hang in there Eternal, the IT guys will work their magic. But yeah that is some freak bad luck right there.

#Pray4HisPC
"I am come."

Eternal

Update: the parts are in and the repairs are being made this week. So, hopefully, early next week I'll be back at it. Thank you all again for your patience. Using this craptop for everything is a total pain!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Update: my PC is fixed and I've continued making the text changes needed for the next update. Soon, testing and then a release! Thanks to all for your patience!

Irish~GoodBye

Hype! :D Im so looking forward to playing next update. 3 years later you are still being amazing; gotta love your dedication.

Eternal

Isn't it crazy to believe that this started 3 years ago!? I've learned so much since, and have been having a blast with it. It's a lot of tedious work that takes a lot of time (especially with work), but it's a great stress relief. Thanks so much for being a part of the journey!

reck0ner

Man, i just created an account to appreciate your hard work and dedication, looking forward to play your mod as soon as it comes up online.

Good luck with the finishing line.

ilcane87

Hey there Eternal, I registered to ask you if you have some kind of ETA for this release.

I'm not asking out of impatience, by all means do take the time to improve it to your own satisfaction, it's just that I've been itching to play through the game again, and while I would like to do it with your mod, if it's going to take a few more months to complete it I'd do it with the vanilla game instead.
But since I have no idea how close you are to a release, I'm really conflicted between starting it anyway or waiting just a little longer. :?

Hope you'll be able to solve my dilemma, and keep up the good work regardless. ;)

Eternal

Hey, and welcome to FFH! I've been playing through the next release and came across some things I simply wasn't happy with and I'm in the process of fixing them, which has been made tough since I've been working a -lot- lately, and I mostly fall asleep when I get home, heh. My suggestion would be to start playing A2 GG with the current release. Your save will carry over when I release the next version. :)

Shizuo

I'd like to thank Eternal and everyone else involved for this great work. I remember playing this game long ago, had so much fun, but always found it to be a little lacking in terms of difficulty and diversity. It never occurred (until now) to me that somebody could be working on it, since it is, no doubt, a major title. Then i found this, and let me tell, boy was i happy. Reading through it all while trying not to learn much about the changes so i could enjoy it to its fullest, discovering and mastering the new jobs/abilities. All i can say is that i'm enjoying the hell out of it, playing this title that is one of my favorites of all time, with the twist in difficulty and variety. I'm not very far yet, but i couldn't help it and had to come thank you.

So once again, thank you, Eternal, for your work through what it seems to be 3 years now. I know this does not add anything to the project, but i think you'd like to know that your work is appreciated.

Cheers from Brazil, and yet again, thank you very much.
When hand grenades are flying, there is just one man you can trust.

Marche

Bonesy

• Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Eternal

The version I'm working on now with the new Wyrmkin job isn't out yet. I was hoping it would be, but I've been facing lots of emulator challenges and I've been working every day during the week. The current release is stable and certainly fun and worth playing, so I'd advise using that for now. That said, we're hopefully going to increase our team's staff in January which means I won't have to work as often. At that time I'm hoping to revamp FFTA1 GG and continue work on FFTA2 GG.

Marche

Quote from: Eternal on December 19, 2016, 10:38:38 pm
The version I'm working on now with the new Wyrmkin job isn't out yet. I was hoping it would be, but I've been facing lots of emulator challenges and I've been working every day during the week. The current release is stable and certainly fun and worth playing, so I'd advise using that for now. That said, we're hopefully going to increase our team's staff in January which means I won't have to work as often. At that time I'm hoping to revamp FFTA1 GG and continue work on FFTA2 GG.

Cool thanks for the info. Gonna play your KO 2.6 right now instead I guess

yunerotroy

quick question! does the game crash when al-cid counters? since he can change classes now. read somewhere that he's missing animations. great job btw o/ keep it up :D

tested the latest build~~

fencer-reprisal makes the sprites black and sometimes with lines too
soldier-rend attacks deal full damage(no reason to use normal attack now)
archer-surge animation is wonky(hits the enemy before she uses the bow)
orator-looking at the weapon still shows tinker instead of orator(all classes with changed name share the same problem)
charm skill is op(hits 50% of the time) my orator never missed a single one after doing 7 missions
fighter-grapple skill shows chinese instead of hp lol and i dunno why it teleports the foe. the skill is wierd for a fighter.
fusilier-bindshot(same with grapple)
Buffing jobs just made hard mode much easier,enemy ai wont be able to pull off these new combos that the player can with these new skillsets. also some fights are too easy(wanted gilmunto is easier now because their skill is changed. they cant heal each other with lightning now) and some are too hard (wanted uhgor cant be damaged by normal attack. what i did is i repositioned my characters trapping 1 wolf and my mage on the back to use skills every turn. ughor does not use his rain of stone if 1 of his allies will get hit so he uses his other skills instead lol) i loved that fight. Also , veis,assassin sounds better than veis,kunoichi for me. daemon too, its wierd for a final fantasy game. i think you should keep the job names more final fantasy ish XD  :lol: nice job though the game is more fun now, just needs more tweaking  :D. thank you for this :)

Eternal

Hey Yunerotroy, thanks for playing! I'll try and be as descriptive as possible so that you have the best idea as to why certain things are as they are.

There are certainly a few animation bugs because some abilities are hardcoded to have certain animations and some races can support some animations half the time, and other times they can't. That said, upon my testing, I've found that since the only issues are animation and aren't lasting that I didn't want to sacrifice a really fun skill for something minor like that. I'm sure there'll be a fixed animation in the future, but for now it's not too much of a concern.

Rend skills were buffed because the debuff isn't particularly useful, and having it deal 50% damage wasn't making it useful either. Art of War isn't a particularly great skillset, so I'm not feeling too bad about it having a strong advantage over the Attack command, especially since it forces you to either be a Soldier/Warrior or sacrifice your secondary skillset.

I can't change what names the item screen says yet. FFTA1 GG has this issue, too. It's annoying, but there's nothing I can really do about it at the moment.

The fact that you didn't miss with Charm at all just means the RNG favored you in those instances. It's a true 50%.

Grapple's point is to draw an enemy closer to the user and it pins them to that tile for the turn. It's a great way to keep an annoying fleeing/ranged enemy close to your melee brusiers. The Japanese text that appears just says "Rooted". The Rooted status appears on the Cannoneer's Mortar ability as well (but affecting the user), but since the status never actually displays, they never bothered to translate the text that shows when the status is afflicted on someone else.

As far as formations are concerned such as Wanted: Gilmunto, I agree. The challenge is that I'm extremely limited as to what I can edit at the moment, and formations are one thing I can't. The more immediate goal for FFTA2 GG was to create more interesting jobs, since that's something I do have control over. This is also the reason why we're not at 1.0 yet- I want to be able to edit formations before making it a true 1.0. It would just feel wrong otherwise.

As far as the jobs not feeling FF-ish, that's kinda the point as well. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a FF purist. I hate when jobs are changed up and made to feel different, but FFTA2 has a really cool base to use and it has the potential to make some really fun jobs. The jobs -are- mostly based on different parts of different FF games, if you look hard enough. The exception being Necromancer, which is directly based on Tactics Ogre's Necromancer. Here's a list of what each job is based on:

-Necromancer: Tactics Ogre's Necromancer
-Orator: FFT's Mediator/Orator
-Oracle: FFT's Oracle/Mystic
-Reaver: Dark Knights
-Vartan: Tactics Ogre's Vartan
-Samurai: FFT's Samurai
-Engineer: FFT's Engineer + Metal Gear Solid
-Spellblade: FFXIII's Paradigm Shift system
-Scholar: FFXIII's Synergist
-Daemon: FFT's Ultima and Ultima Demons
-Occultist: Bravely Second's Exorcist
-Myrmidon: FFT's Divine Knight
-Druid: FFT's Geomancer
-Kunoichi: One of the few completely original jobs created for FFTA2 GG
-Corsair: FFXI's Corsair
-Moogle Hero: FFI's Paladin/White Mage, FFXIII's Sentinel, and Dragon Quest's Heroes.
-Gourmand: Homemaker from Celdia's Class Patch

Hope this answers some of your questions!

grassmudhorses

Quote from: Eternal on January 01, 2017, 08:18:13 am
Rend skills were buffed because the debuff isn't particularly useful, and having it deal 50% damage wasn't making it useful either. Art of War isn't a particularly great skillset, so I'm not feeling too bad about it having a strong advantage over the Attack command, especially since it forces you to either be a Soldier/Warrior or sacrifice your secondary skillset.

Also has a side effect of making the early game pretty balanced.  Well, compared to the living hell of vanilla hard mode early game.

I can't change what names the item screen says yet. FFTA1 GG has this issue, too. It's annoying, but there's nothing I can really do about it at the moment.

I assume it's because it's actually an image, not text, right?

-Engineer: FFT's Engineer + Metal Gear Solid

You got me intrigued.  Better start trying this class.