• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:40:11 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

WotL Slowdown Removal Fix PPF (Last Updated: October 23)

Started by Eternal, September 18, 2012, 12:45:31 am

Eternal

Playing around with a few things, going to try and get a US version up this week.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Wambulance

I just registered to say thanks for this Eternal! I'll be watching for the US version fix

GANJAMON

This was exactly what I needed, thank you!  It allowed me to patch the ISO for use on the Vita.

Might I have one request though?  Would it be possible to convert the unstretch.live into a .ppf file as well?  The version that worked for me was version 2 of the slowdown fix, if that helps any. 

If you can't be tasked to do this, would there be a small chance of you to lead me in the right direction to do it myself?

Again, appreciate the file!

João7587

Hi, I've been trying to use your patch on my PS Vita WotL and I've had no sucess so far. I'm a computer newb, can't work through all these different formats... ISO, etc. Could you please give me a step-by-step tutorial on how to apply your patch? I would be most grateful... Can't take these slowdowns anymore.

Furby

My apologies if this is beyond what the board likes for replying to topics past their last post, but I'm having trouble with this.

I'm attempting to get this to work on the US version, but am not having any luck. I can get the EUR version to work on an appropriate ISO, but by default I prefer US. Has anyone managed to get that port of it working?

Eternal

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Furby

Quote from: Eternal on June 11, 2013, 09:20:31 pm
Hello Furby, welcome to FFH!

Try using the patch found here for the US version. Good luck! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9208.msg184086#msg184086

Thanks for the welcome!

That's the one I've been attempting to apply to my US ISOs, but doesn't seem to do anything at all. I'm sure it's not just my ISO, since I've been using them from multiple sources (SElf Rip of the UMD, Self creation of the PSN version, and one acquired through other means).

Brawndoolz

Hello!  New forum member here.  I would really like to play this game on an emulator (PPSSPP) with the 1.3 patch from insanely derpy and with the slowdown fix.  However, the slowdown fix using LivePatch doesn't work for the emulator, and the slowdown fix ppf doesn't work when patched onto the ISO along with the 1.3 patch (before or after the 1.3 patch is applied), even though I have confirmed the slowdown fix ppf does work fine when patched onto the ISO by itself. 

My question is, how can I go about getting the two ppfs to work together?  Or how could I successfully combine the two patches together? 

Feuholden

what the good patch? Slowdown Fix Mark 2.zip or Slowdown Fix Mark 3.zip ?? i'm using EUR ISO
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I Play Every Mod

Nexus

I made a patch for the retail USA UMD. I tested a few battles, and I did not notice any slow down. I tested Gaffgarion and Agrias's sword skills, haste, blizzaga, and some summons.

Original USA ISO
Size: 418,873,344 bytes
CRC32: 0D6A3D9F
MD5: 18D1169CEFED2D5ED77A599694F2F871

After patch
CRC32: 8762459E
MD5: 6690A74151890EE1DB2F2AA0617A723D

Angel

Awesome! And much appreciated for citing the checksums, too. That will surely help immensely. Thanks!
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Paheej

Quote from: Nexus on July 29, 2013, 06:47:19 pm
I made a patch for the retail USA UMD. I tested a few battles, and I did not notice any slow down. I tested Gaffgarion and Agrias's sword skills, haste, blizzaga, and some summons.

Original USA ISO
CRC32: 0D6A3D9F
MD5: 18D1169CEFED2D5ED77A599694F2F871

After patch
CRC32: 8762459E
MD5: 6690A74151890EE1DB2F2AA0617A723D

Nexus!

Your fix is CONFIRMED working with US ISO.  It has been tested in the following environments:

PSP 3000 (CFW 6.35)
PSP 3000 (CFW 6.60)
PPSSPP v.0.9.1 (WINDOWS)

Interestingly your patch maintains multiplayer compatibility with original War of the Lions and has been tested in the following environments.

PSP 3000 w/ Speedfix + PS Vita Original
PSP 3000 w/ Speedfix + PSP 3000 w/ Speedfix
PSP 3000 w/ Speedfix + PSP 3000 Original

isavior

Hello, is there a ppf patch for the iso ripped from the JPN umd?

Rinoka

Quote from: GANJAMON on January 02, 2013, 06:00:10 pm
Might I have one request though?  Would it be possible to convert the unstretch.live into a .ppf file as well?

Hate to necro, but I wanted to know: is this doable? I've been unable to do the CFW patch, but I really love original resolutions and if I have a choice I'd really like to do the unstretch patch here, too.

dirgle

Quote from: Rinoka on November 10, 2014, 12:43:32 am
Hate to necro, but I wanted to know: is this doable? I've been unable to do the CFW patch, but I really love original resolutions and if I have a choice I'd really like to do the unstretch patch here, too.

I'm really interested in this too. After playing it on the PSP I can't play it without the unstretch patch, but PPSSPP doesn't support seplugins. Not to mention the display scaling on the android version of PPSSPP is terrible.

I don't know how the slowdown patch was converted from livepatch to ppf either, but I would totally love to see whatever arcane science that created it worked on the unstretch fix too.  :)

kizuxtheo

January 05, 2015, 07:49:28 pm #55 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:01:02 pm by kizuxtheo
Quick question: Can the patch be used on multiplayer (Melee, Rendezvous)? Either if I'm the only one who has it or both me and my partner have it? My friend has an spanish patch for the game, can the patch be used on the .iso if it already has the translation patch, or will it overwrite it?

And by the way, tested the patch from the original post on my PSP 3000 with 6.60 PRO-C, and no problems so far, works as advertised.

Knight Lord

Quote from: kizuxtheo on January 05, 2015, 07:49:28 pm
Quick question: Can the patch be used on multiplayer (Melee, Rendezvous)? Either if I'm the only one who has it or both me and my partner have it? My friend has an spanish patch for the game, can the patch be used on the .iso if it already has the translation patch, or will it overwrite it?

And by the way, tested the patch from the original post on my PSP 3000 with 6.60 PRO-C, and no problems so far, works as advertised.

I'll be meeting up with a friend sometime this month that has the game, we might end up playing a match or two, I'll let you know if we do.
  • Discord username: Rever Seurwit

roninmedia

The US Playstation Network version of War of the Lions has a different CRC32 and MD5 than the retail UMD. Does anyone know for a certainty that the patch also works plumly with this version?

CRC32: BCE7BCA5
MD5: eba780c3bac9504af6205139a8cb7139

Angel

No PPF exists for the PSN version. Archaemic's live patch reportedly works on PSN, though.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?