• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:18:59 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

WotL Slowdown Removal Fix PPF (Last Updated: October 23)

Started by Eternal, September 18, 2012, 12:45:31 am

Eternal

Okay, next test. Can one of you download the current version of KO PSP? It has the slowdown fix built into it, so I'd like to see if that causes you guys any errors.

(I ask you to try this, because I did the exact same slowdown fix for KO PSP as I did for this PPF, and nobody's reported errors similar to what you guys have experienced. The biggest error reported for KO PSP is it crashing on certain firmware.)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Geralt-kun

Yes, KO PSP works as well as the slowdown fix attached to it.

Eternal

Sorry to keep throwing .ppf files at you guys, but can you see if this one works? I think I'm narrowing down what should and shouldn't work.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Geralt-kun

Eternal

Phew, that was stressful. I'll update the first post with the fixed version. Thanks for the help!

Geralt-kun

You're welcome. And I thank both Archaemic for making this patch and you for making this .ppf. Playing WotL with the slowdown was a huge trainwreck.

Sephiroth1311

October 25, 2012, 11:44:55 am #26 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:55:47 am by Sephiroth1311
Works like a charm on the PAL version too! Thanks, this patch is much easier to install. ;)

@Geralt-kun
The PAL version of FFT plays at the same speed of the American one! The slowdown problem only happened with the old television systems (PAL and NTSC), it doesn't happen on PC, hand-helds or HD TVs... and we Europeans are very happy about this. ;)

Eternal

tbx009

Mark 3 is not working (nor previous iterations) on my PSP 1000 using 6.60 Pro-C fw and a clean USA iso - black screen on startup before the PSP shuts down.

Eternal

This issue comes up a lot, especially since it was made the same way I made KO PSP. Your best bet is to try a different ISO, and if that doesn't work, it's likely your firmware.

Sephiroth1311

Speaking of ISO versions, I tried the patch on a FULL ISO ripped straight from the UMD. ;)

Eternal

If any of you are having issues with it crashing, please try using a EUR ISO. That should fix it.

josiasmind

I tested here and worked perfectly. *--------*
Really thank you!!

inScythe

maybe you can just put the CRC or MD5 hashes of the known ISO that worked with the slowdown fix. that would save a lot of trouble.

Eternal

Permit me to sound like a total idiot here, but I'm not really familiar with PSP data. Where can I find those? UMDGen isn't giving me that data.

Nexus

I could not get Mark 2 or Mark 3 to work. My PSP shuts down when I start the game. Here are the checksums for the clean uncompressed ISOs from the retail UMDs. Which ISO are you using to create the patch?

USA
Size: 418873344 bytes
CRC-32: 0d6a3d9f
MD5: 18d1169cefed2d5ed77a599694f2f871
SHA-1: 5120ff66f78cfd31f6e90d8ef4be8200eca563f7

Europe
Size: 418873344 bytes
CRC-32: 0f7ae43c
MD5: 4b97913c0423b879a9321febaeb4892a
SHA-1: 5104e61a886c1fb62fae98fa3bf96e1b0c545dc6

Eternal

Try using the EUR ISO, since that's the one I used to make the patch. I didn't realize it was EUR until recently, however.

inScythe

use the following program to calculate CRC, MD5 or SHA1:

http://www.ov2.eu/programs/rapidcrc-unicode

the one i have is a PSN-rip (original from Sony servers):

Region: USA (418,873,344 bytes)
CRC: BCE7BCA5
MD5: eba780c3bac9504af6205139a8cb7139
SHA1: 6a81ef6273e155af0044e03561e06e98de9565c6

Eternal

CRC: 3C5E4BA6
MD5: 4b8813be82798c000e5bc110ff56c85a

Note that, again, my ISO is an EUR ISO. So if you're attempting to patch the US ISO with the patch, it's not going to work. I'm attempting to locate a decent US ISO to fix this problem, but in the meantime, people will have to use an EUR ISO. (The file name of the ISO totally lied and it wasn't until much later when I opened it in UMDGen that I was able to tell it wasn't US).

inScythe

November 14, 2012, 12:38:56 pm #39 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:41:24 pm by Eternal
I've PM'ed you :D