• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:12:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

WotL Slowdown Removal Fix PPF (Last Updated: October 23)

Started by Eternal, September 18, 2012, 12:45:31 am

Eternal

Apply a WotL ISO- not CSO- with this PPF file using PPF-o-Matic and it will remove all spell slowdown. Credit goes to Archaemic for the original slowdown fix. Use this if you don't want to mess with files on your PSP, and instead just wish to patch the ISO itself. Enjoy!

USE AN EUR ISO!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Geralt-kun

Tried it on 5.50 Prome-4. Just like the regular patch, it doesn't work.

Eternal

Gah, thought I replied to this. My suggestion would be to try a different ISO or different firmware. Sorry I can't be of more help. :(
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Geralt-kun

September 21, 2012, 02:47:25 am #3 Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:43:46 am by Geralt-kun
Alright, I'll try a different ISO first. Maybe converting a CSO to ISO doesn't work.

Edit: Now, does it work on NTSC-U version of the game, or is it PAL exclusive?

Eternal

Luc

Eternal

As I stated above, if it's not working, try a different ISO (make sure it's not a CSO) or try different firmware. If I continue to get reports of it not working, I'll create a new .ppf of it and see if that works.

Luc

to much of a hassle to try and find a different iso on the net, and i don't know if its possible to convert the eboot version I have (bought on psn) and get it to work, so I'll just stick with the plugin version which works fine for me  :cry:

Sephiroth1311

Eternal, have you used the original, unabridged version of the ISO? The one still containing the UPDATE data?
The best thing to do is to make a patch for that version, since it can easily be ripped from the original UMD disc.

This way, everyone will easily understand which version must be used. ;)

Let me know, I'm very interested in this patch, but I cannot try it because my PSP is under repair at the moment (my analog stick broke down...).+
Thanks for making it!

Eternal

Forgive me here, since I'm not familiar with a lot of PSP talk mumbo-jumbo, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I used a clean ISO, input the hex changes Archaemic gave me, and made a .ppf using that. If you could go a bit more in-depth as to what you mean, I can definitely check it out!

met123

I just registered to let you know your ppf version didn't work on the vita with CFE 6.60 TN-A. However, Archaemic's livepatch version does work.

Eternal

I think I'll create a new version this week and see if that yields better results for people.

Sephiroth1311

Quote from: Eternal on October 05, 2012, 12:36:37 pm
Forgive me here, since I'm not familiar with a lot of PSP talk mumbo-jumbo, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I used a clean ISO, input the hex changes Archaemic gave me, and made a .ppf using that. If you could go a bit more in-depth as to what you mean, I can definitely check it out!

Well, I suppose that with "clean ISO" you mean an ISO directly ripped from the original UMD, right?
That's what I meant... patches should be made using a perfect 1:1 dump of the original UMD.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to try your new patch... provided that I get my PSP back!

Geralt-kun

I'm also looking forward to the new patch.

Eternal

Funny you say that, because I'm hoping to get it up today. I'll need a tester to test the new one though, since my PSP's battery is acting funky.

Geralt-kun

I'll try it out as soon as I can since I have some space on my memory card (had to delete some Dissidia 012 replays, man they take a lot of space :P).

Eternal

October 20, 2012, 05:22:19 pm #16 Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:09:54 am by Eternal
Let me know if this one works or not. If it doesn't, please tell me if you're using a NA or a PAL ISO.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I did some investigating with the old .ppf, and it applied to my clean ISO perfectly fine. The offsets were properly updated and everything, so if this doesn't work, I'm at a total loss.

Cerzel

Applied that second fix to a clean NA ISO. Didn't work, sadly.

endrift

Maybe I should just finally get unlazy and make one myself :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Geralt-kun

Yep, doesn't work on my clean NA either. Won't even bother trying the EU version, 'cause PAL already reduces FPS of the entire game by 10.