• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Patch Ideas Proposal Thread

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, September 17, 2012, 06:12:58 pm

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

dotchan

Deeper Dungeon: 100(?) floors of randomness - you can get encounter battles (with monsters getting tougher as the floors increase), story battles, or shops.  Jobs can be unlocked classically or (possibly, IDK how hard this would be to code) as rewards after certain floors, and special characters can join as well.

Every 10th floor is a Zodiac monster (with level-appropriate stats) and Elidibs is on the 100th floor.

Diedrik

Would people be interested in a Dark Souls themed patch? What parts would be more interesting, and/or easier to convert? If it was complete, I think I would prefer to play through Dark Souls on the FFT engine rather than its own.

It would probably have to sidestep the world map. I think a lot of the existing battle maps and graphics are highly compatible though.

Are there any efforts currently in the works to bring the older, in my opinion superior, final fantasies into the FFT engine? 1-5 essentially?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

nitwit

Quote from: dotchan on June 12, 2017, 09:36:53 am
Deeper Dungeon: 100(?) floors of randomness - you can get encounter battles (with monsters getting tougher as the floors increase), story battles, or shops.  Jobs can be unlocked classically or (possibly, IDK how hard this would be to code) as rewards after certain floors, and special characters can join as well.

Every 10th floor is a Zodiac monster (with level-appropriate stats) and Elidibs is on the 100th floor.

Sounds like a roguelike.

While there are limitations to the number of different enemy types, you could write code that would produce randomly generated ENTD battles.

It would take a lot of assembly programming to make the actual game mechanics themselves random.  The same goes for battlefields, terrain, and weather.

Deep Dungeon Crawl sounds fun though.

Diedrik

Enemy present chances can essentially randomize the battles can they not?

nitwit

Equipment and to a degree level.  Other things, not so much.

dotchan

FFT, being obviously inspired by Tactics Ogre, seems to take an overall Law->Neutral->Chaos progression, where Ramza starts out following along with society's rules, meanders around for a bit after he realizes that said society is unjust, and eventually upsets the status quo so bad that he murders God (or at least a sufficiently god-like being) by the end and buggers off for better pastures.

It would be a buttload of work, but it'd be awesome to implement branching story paths where Ramza could fully commit to Law or Chaos as early as Chapter One (or switch into Neutral at some other key juncture), with different battles and recruit-able special characters in each path.

Bonesy

What's the feasibility on a menu option or something that allows you to turn off EXP or JP gain? I'd love to be able to turn off EXP gain where I'm at on FFT so I can grind jobs freely like a total dingus.
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

nitwit

Quote from: dotchan on August 01, 2017, 03:20:03 pm
FFT, being obviously inspired by Tactics Ogre, seems to take an overall Law->Neutral->Chaos progression, where Ramza starts out following along with society's rules, meanders around for a bit after he realizes that said society is unjust, and eventually upsets the status quo so bad that he murders God (or at least a sufficiently god-like being) by the end and buggers off for better pastures.

It would be a buttload of work, but it'd be awesome to implement branching story paths where Ramza could fully commit to Law or Chaos as early as Chapter One (or switch into Neutral at some other key juncture), with different battles and recruit-able special characters in each path.

Ramza remains on the Good axis as he moves from Law to Chaos.  Would be interesting to have all 9 options, though it would be a ton (unfeasible) of work.  More so if you can commit to any option as early as chapter 1.

Quote from: Bonesy on August 04, 2017, 04:51:36 am
What's the feasibility on a menu option or something that allows you to turn off EXP or JP gain? I'd love to be able to turn off EXP gain where I'm at on FFT so I can grind jobs freely like a total dingus.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10450.msg198612

I think these routines are related to the Display Experience/JP Gained in-battle option.  Linking zero experience gain to that seems like the easiest way to do it - no display, no Experience.

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/0011ee04_-_0011ee74

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Prep_for_Displaying_Earned_Exp/JP

IIRC Choto or SA made a thread about the in-battle options menu, I'd look there too.

dotchan

Since I already recommended that FFV be remade in the FFT engine, here's some more isometric turn-based RPGs that would make for interesting remakes:

• Chocobo Mystery Dungeon

• Farland Saga/Farland Odyssey

• Final Fantasy III

• Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth (and its "sequel" Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity)

• Phantom Brave (really, any Nippon Ichi SRPG would be fascinating to see remade, but PB is the only game that already uses action economy as part of its gameplay mechanics)

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

• Seiken Densetsu 3

...those are the ones that I have at least a passing knowledge of, if not played.  I'm sure there are plenty more that could be done.

3lric

Quote from: dotchan on September 02, 2017, 07:47:18 pm
Since I already recommended that FFV be remade in the FFT engine, here's some more isometric turn-based RPGs that would make for interesting remakes:

• Chocobo Mystery Dungeon

• Farland Saga/Farland Odyssey

• Final Fantasy III

• Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth (and its "sequel" Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity)

• Phantom Brave (really, any Nippon Ichi SRPG would be fascinating to see remade, but PB is the only game that already uses action economy as part of its gameplay mechanics)

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

• Seiken Densetsu 3

...those are the ones that I have at least a passing knowledge of, if not played.  I'm sure there are plenty more that could be done.

One of these things is not like the others..

(how is Seiken Densetsu 3 a isometric turn based RPG?)

dotchan

Quote from: Elric on September 03, 2017, 12:56:56 am
(how is Seiken Densetsu 3 a isometric turn based RPG?)

Whoops! It isn't, but it could be reimagined into one.

Teynjin

{FFT}*-The Great Shinobi War-*
I would love to see a rendition of this game in the style of Naruto! I know there is a lot of fanboys out there and yes, I am one of them- But Naruto offer's so much content possibilities as well as enjoyment for many many people! As we all know, tactic jrpg's like this are pretty well non-existent. No one is managing to actually deliver a crossover for Naruto in this genre. I would love it see this and would be happy to assist in any way possible. Content creation, data entry, whatever is needed of me. Let me know what you think.

RavenCurow

I'm working on an idea at the moment for myself and a few friends that I thought might interest some people here so here goes; my idea is a Divinity Original Sin meets Final Fantasy type of mod with the job system overhauled to emulate the classes in Divinity Original Sin 2. I know there will be some limitations, but I thought since I loved both games I'd see how much I could try to put together something that merges them to create something fun.
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?

supercala

So about seven years ago or so, this guy made a patch called Final Fantasy Tactics Knightmare, and as a little kid I thought it was amazing. He dropped the project or whatever and so it never happened, but I got a lot of inspiration from it and wanted to make it and add on to it a little more. Story being the same just abilities and new classes. I have downloaded many .BIN files from this site like E174, but couldnt figure out how to put it in the iso or what exactly to do with them. Very new to this if anyone can give me a quick dummies guide.

Aiolon

QuoteSo about seven years ago or so, this guy made a patch called Final Fantasy Tactics Knightmare, and as a little kid I thought it was amazing. He dropped the project or whatever and so it never happened, but I got a lot of inspiration from it and wanted to make it and add on to it a little more. Story being the same just abilities and new classes. I have downloaded many .BIN files from this site like E174, but couldnt figure out how to put it in the iso or what exactly to do with them. Very new to this if anyone can give me a quick dummies guide.

Err i don't think this is the place to post that but... why are you downloading files that you don't even know how to use? anyways.
E174.BIN its an "Ability animation effect file" wich can be edited and then reimported into the game iso using a tool such as CDmage.
the whole process is easy to explain but i think its easier and more helpful if you go HERE -->http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8644.0 or even more helpful if you actually go here -->http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?board=43.0

there are no such things like dummies guides here :P
but if you are good at following instructions then you are good to go.

Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

supercala

Quote from: Aiolon on April 12, 2018, 10:40:31 pm
Err i don't think this is the place to post that but... why are you downloading files that you don't even know how to use? anyways.
E174.BIN its an "Ability animation effect file" wich can be edited and then reimported into the game iso using a tool such as CDmage.
the whole process is easy to explain but i think its easier and more helpful if you go HERE -->http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8644.0 or even more helpful if you actually go here -->http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?board=43.0

there are no such things like dummies guides here :P
but if you are good at following instructions then you are good to go.

I appreciate the help, I'm good at following instructions, but being very new at this I just kinda went in blindly. Thanks for the references!

DanBR

August 11, 2018, 11:34:19 am #137 Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:50:14 pm by DanBR
When I played FFT for the 45645 (joking of course) time I said to myself:

"I am not playing this again, I can't handle dismiss Rad, Livian and the other one to admit Rafa, Malak and Boco. But the game feel incomplete without those Characters, so I'll start to look for a modded game of FFT."

That's how I found about this amazing community of cool people modding FFT (lot of love for you guys) and I all want to see is a team capacity to at least 24 Characters. Is it possible? There is already a modded game that have this?? Thank you again, love for you all!!

Nyzer

There's an ASM that allows you to harvest the Guest-only slots and use them for party members.

Probably the best mod that would feature it is The Lion War, though it's not released quite yet.

Nyzer

Quote from: Fernando Chris on November 25, 2018, 12:38:54 pm
CAn we work together for a project? Leave your email here.

You're posting a reply to a six-year-old comment made by someone that hasn't been to the forum in over a year.

Quote from: Fernando Chris on November 25, 2018, 12:40:25 pm
should the idea realted to the the game only>

Yes, patch ideas for FFT should be related to FFT...