• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

xenoxc

i've tried to patch with an untouched rom from pspiso

i've used psp go with 6.60 PRO B10f1 / PRO C-fix3 / ME-1.8 with livepatch.prx

it's always freeze at New Game/Load Game screen when i tried to press X button it's nearly always freeze and i cannot  go through the Azalam screen

is it need some specific setting or should i found some other iso?

help me please

Eternal

I'd start by removing Livepatch and see if it works then. Should that fail, try a different ISO. And if -that- fails, you may need to change your firmware.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RaphaelDDL

Just wondering, ppf-o-matic link on http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php is broken ( http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=11 ) giving error "403 Forbidden on File: 356".

Is there another tool and/or link that i could apply the ppf to WotL iso :D? I really would like to try your patch.
Agrias Oaks fan <3

Eternal

Sorry about that, Raphael! Here's a temporary link for PPF-o-Matic: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwghtp

I'll see if we can get that dead link fixed. >_>
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

RaphaelDDL

Quote from: Eternal248 on June 25, 2012, 11:28:44 pm
Sorry about that, Raphael! Here's a temporary link for PPF-o-Matic: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwghtp

I'll see if we can get that dead link fixed. >_>

Thank you Eternal :)
I'll check out if the freeze bug xenoxc said happens on PSP2000 also or is only a Go issue.

;D
Agrias Oaks fan <3

Eternal

I was able to get it running on my own Go, so I don't think that's the issue. I'm willing to bet the firmware's the problem (I can't remember what mine is, since someone installed it for me a while back).

RaphaelDDL

Quote from: Eternal248 on June 26, 2012, 12:07:03 am
I was able to get it running on my own Go, so I don't think that's the issue. I'm willing to bet the firmware's the problem (I can't remember what mine is, since someone installed it for me a while back).

On XCross Bar (the menu itself lol), go to the first on the left then go down until you find "System Settings".
Then go all the way down to "System Information" and enter on it.

There wil show you your current FW version and mac address :)
Agrias Oaks fan <3

Eternal

System Software: 6.39 PRO-B8
Mac Address: Model: 05g

RaphaelDDL

Agrias Oaks fan <3

Eternal

June 26, 2012, 03:28:30 pm #29 Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:52:06 pm by Eternal248
Noticed a bug where dispelling attacks will deal percentile damage to enemies, even if they're immune to KO. This can be gamebreaking against Lucavi, and will be fixed in a later update

EDIT: Just realized this makes Ultima too difficult. I'll have a fix/update up later today. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sain

Was on CFW 6.39 Pro-something and couldn't get the patch to work.  Disabled all my plugins and still nothing.  Upgraded to 6.60 Pro-B10 and I still can't get anything.  The game never boots.  I hit X to load it up, and it sits on a black screen for ~20 seconds then the PSP shuts off.  Clean ISO, no plugins, Inferno, m33, and the Sony UMD mode and nothing works.  Just wanted to report my experience.

Eternal

Thanks for the report! Maybe we'll be able to figure out what the issue is if everyone can report what it's not working on.

RaphaelDDL

So i just added to my PSP2000 6.60 PRO-B10.
Even with all plugins active (slowdown and lot others), seems to run fine. I noticed the New Game/Continue BG have the 'kind of' :P

The first battle was awkward. Ramza had Focus instead of Stone and Gaff was more helpful using potions on low hp allies (never seen he do that). But the potion use was a little too much.. For 2 times he could've just kill the last enemy with his skill but choosed to heal.

Well, other than that, still running fine, going to second battle (one as guest Delita).
Agrias Oaks fan <3

Eternal

I edited the first post with an update that fixes the (fairly important) Dispel bug. Please be sure to patch a clean ISO with it. Thanks!

Sain

So I tried this new patch and it still wouldn't boot.  Angrily, I downloaded a new ISO and got it working.  I find this incredibly strange as my ISO was ripped directly from the UMD.  Go figure.  Thanks for your work!

Eternal

Yeah, that's really odd. Maybe whatever you used to rip it messed up the ISO somehow? God knows how easy it is for things to do that. :P

Anywho, hope you enjoy it and that you give me as much feedback as you can! :D

Sain

I went through the changelog but maybe I just missed this.  I see Gained JP-Up removed from the Squire, however most abilities still have the same JP cost.  Is this ability innate for everyone to compensate?

Eternal

No. Rather, I made Propositions only 1 day long to compensate. So do those Props! :P

Sain

So I noticed that Ladd, Alicia, and Lavian didn't have their (respective) Orator, Dragoon, and Geomancer jobs unlocked when I recruited them, as advertised in the .  No big deal though, as I just added them via LionEditor. :mrgreen:  Is this because its the PSP version?

Eternal

Ah, yes, sorry about that. I'll fix that for the future update. Thanks for the report! :D