• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:37:02 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Eternal

Fixing the Crystallization Text helped me, yes. Unfortunately, some of the PSP testers have told me they still crash at the title screen.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Going to attempt a few other fixes for the crashing. PSP users will also get another bonus: I'm going to attempt to transplant the Multiplayer battles into normal ENTDs, so everyone can experience them!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Takeno

Thank you for that Eternal. I think you'll please a lot of people by transplanting those battles in normal game.

Argy

I too am looking forward to those battles as well Et! I did some testing on my PSP and there weren't any issues at all. I am also running old school firmware as well. Intriguing!!
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Criss

Counter summons(particularly Leviathan) doesn't seem to be working
(Zalmo fight)
I'm a Birdman bitch!
I be high in the sky shit on you and your girl!

Eternal

Leviathan has Counter Magic still flagged in the Patcher. Maybe the RNG is just screwing with you?

Eternal

Eternal

Updated to 1.21, which changes Geomancers a bit among a few other things. Enjoy!

Zaen

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Timbo

May 11, 2012, 05:18:32 pm #49 Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:19:19 pm by Jack of All Trades
I like this patch I threw out my personal patch and I'm rebuilding mine on top of it. It's pretty well done.

I'm curious, why did you nerf summon so hard? Zodiac is strictly inferior to Blizzaja. Blizzaja costs less mp, has a faster charge time, does more damage, and is elemental.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Eternal

Dome

Also, being elemental is not always a good thing...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

So, I've noticed that Holy is still ridiculously strong and I'm trying to come up with a decent way to balance it. Aero's suggestion is to halve the power and CT (lowering the MP as well). This way it'd still be a Boostable offensive spell, but it wouldn't be as strong as it is now. Thoughts?

Dome

Agree
It's still strong, also considering that it's part of an awesome skillset

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

To put this in perspective, Holy would have the power of Ice 3, lower CT, but slightly higher MP cost and no AoE.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Sounds fine.  Better than Holy = Flare.

Lower CT = Higher MP cost and no AOE.

No AOE is also fine because the only time a White Mage would need it (against undead), they can use Cure instead.

Timbo

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 12, 2012, 12:50:34 am
Summons don't hit allies. :P
:oops: Don't I look bright.

Quote from: Dome on May 12, 2012, 02:58:50 am
Also, being elemental is not always a good thing...
Unless you have a skillset with 3 other elements to cherry pick from...

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 12, 2012, 04:15:22 am
To put this in perspective, Holy would have the power of Ice 3, lower CT, but slightly higher MP cost and no AoE.
This seems like a great way to go. Synergy is boring. Besides Holy has never been as devastating as Flare is.

Eternal

I'd like to note that there's going to be a shitload of changes for the next update, many of which revolve around monsters being more useable. Among these are monsters gaining more EXP as well as their regular attacks inflicting debuffs. Special units are also getting a better pool of R/S/Ms in their primary skillset, Worker 8's getting a large buff, and bosses will hopefully be less squishy. FFT: KO 2.0 should be done sometime today or tomorrow.

Timbo

What's the hold up on the patch? I'm excited to see what you've got in store?

Eternal

I'm actually deciding how I want to go about releasing it. It changes a lot of stuff, namely DD and monsters, and I'm not sure everyone will want all the changes. So I'm debating if I should keep 1.21 up for those people who don't want the monster changes and DD changes.