• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:56:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Marche

Quote from: Barren on June 14, 2017, 11:31:17 am
Final Fantasy Tactics K.O 2.6 - Part 22

Will your playthrough be ending soon? I plan on binge watching it. I haven't finished the game so no spoilers please. Keep up the good work.

Also @Eternal 2.7 when? XD

Barren

I do plan on finishing it as soon as I possibly can. In fact I'm going to upload a part today.

EDIT: Here is Part 23
Final Fantasy Tactics K.O 2.6 - Part 23
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

botik

How to do to disable accumulation JP and EXP during the battle for all?

JamiNeal

I'm not going to lie. I'm still in the middle of a migraine but I'm impatient and really interested.  Reading a lot is currently very difficult. This message is taking the better parry of a half hour. Can you give me some general philosophy? Does this patch address speed being a broken stat, job stat growths, casting not being viable end game, etc? Also, what are learn rates? Can I learn skills by being slapped about by them? Post proofread by my gorgeous and very smart wife for coherency and grammar, because he spells like a drunken 5 year old while finger painting during a migraine.

Azuyorou

This is gonna be my third gameplay, my first was on Android, my second was FFT:Complete

I'm noob so.. yeah.. but I have to post this because I never hated a mandalia plains dog this bad before (and its great)
More challenges for me, and heal seems to be really useful lol

Also.. I noticed that Eternal is the Spell Quote staff from FFT:Complete,and creating this patch I thought you would add your amazing spell quotes into this. Since the patch to be rebalanced Vanilla experience, I'm just hoping that this patch would be able to get those amazing spell quotes as you did from FFT:Complete.
(So right now just using TacText for it haha)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Eternal

Hey team! Thanks to Record Keeper, we actually do have updated -canon- spell quotes for several abilities. I was debating putting them in for 2.7 (which thankfully is on the horizon!), but I'm really not sure how people would feel about them, since they're very WotL-ish.

Barren, thank you for your videos. They're always a pleasure to watch and they've been mighty informative.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Myth

Hey Eternal,

I'm really looking forward to starting a new game using KO but I had just 2 quick questions.

You said that 2.7 was "on the horizon", would you say it is close enough to justify waiting for its release to start a play through?

At this time, are there any plans for continuing the PSP version of KO?

Thank you for all of your hard work, I look forward to starting my game.

Eternal

Hey Myth! I'd say you're safe to start your game. Your save is compatible between updates (you'd just need to patch a clean ISO), so your save will follow alongside you. Most of the changes being made are to the AI and trophies as well as some other things, so you're more than welcome to begin. As for the PSP version, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with that version next. We'll see!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

FFTManiac

So not sure what I am doing wrong... I patch a clean fft wotl iso and apply this patch using ppf. loaf the game then when it gets to the square enix screen it crashes? anythoughts? Ive had success patching and play emergence.

Lionheart537

Quote from: FFTManiac on August 29, 2017, 08:03:26 pm
So not sure what I am doing wrong... I patch a clean fft wotl iso and apply this patch using ppf. loaf the game then when it gets to the square enix screen it crashes? anythoughts? Ive had success patching and play emergence.

This is for PSX, not wotl on the psp.
  • Modding version: PSX
It's not much yet but check out my spriting thread!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11772.0
Here's a look at my vanilla mod thread, progressing one step at a time!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11785.0

FFTManiac

FFTManiac

Quote from: Lionheart537 on August 29, 2017, 08:07:49 pm
This is for PSX, not wotl on the psp.

Nevermind I see what i FUBAR'd on. Thanks for the reply, prolly never would have took a 2nd look at what iso I had, lol.

Lionheart537

• Modding version: PSX
It's not much yet but check out my spriting thread!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11772.0
Here's a look at my vanilla mod thread, progressing one step at a time!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11785.0

Macheman7

Alright.
This is a pretty awesome mod, and you can tell, because I made an account to say so.
However, I'll note that Goblins and Yellow Chocobos are the largest annoyance, what with Eye Gouge inflicting Don't Act, and Chocobos being able to Raise at will.
Prioritization is a necessity, as I've learned and as the author has said, but at the onset of Ch. 1 it's hard enough to fight enemies once, let alone twice, let alone having your actions blocked.
Complaint aside, I'll say that the added difficulty causes me to use skills I'd otherwise never consider, such as Heal, regularly. If that was your intention, you succeeded.
Ramza's Squire Monster Skill appears to be one-tile. I assume this is in error as the description even says three tiles, although it implies an active effect rather than a passive one, like Defend as opposed to Secret Hunt.
Additionally, he still has Gained JP Up. Is this intentional?
I'm keeping open the idea that I may have patched wrong, though I find it unlikely.

On a positive note, the changes to monsters are excellent for the player when they're on your side.
Choco Cure may be single-target, but it being free, along with the free Choco Esuna is very nice.
I also like that many 'regular attack' abilities have been changed to become unique, such as Goblins inflicting Don't Move (thus effectively Stopping an unlucky target with Eye Gouge) and Chocobo's Choco Attack inflicting (mercifully rare) Slow.

The job changes are slight, but noticeable, in a positive fashion generally.
I don't know where Concentrate got off to.

I've found Equip Shield and evasion in general to be a very necessary consideration as well, due to the increased effects (for example from Eye Gouge) being very necessary to avoid.

God bless you for 'Hold X to fly through text'.

Geomancer is nice for the unavoidable free damage, although Miluda having it hurts at the Fomovan Plateau.

I've yet to beat Wiegraf yet, although I'm finding his Holy Explosion to be very, very, very deadly. And his Crush Punch.
And, y'know, his attacks.
I approve. He should be a powerful jerk as such.

These are all my thoughts at the moment. I may return later with more, y'know, after I beat Chapter 1.

EDIT: Found Concentrate. I apparently wasn't paying attention; It wasn't even changed. Whoops.