• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:17:12 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

WotL Slowdown Removal Patch

Started by endrift, February 22, 2012, 02:21:59 pm

PhoenixWright

Archaemic, I just wanted to drop in to say thanks personally, and also as a software developer state how awesome your work is. I picked up this game solely because I found out about this, and will be very excited to try your patch tonight, but I have no doubt it will work based on this thread. Keep it up!

bignickm27

Does this patch work with the PSN version?
I can not stress enough how much I don't have plans.

Dominic NY18

Just tried both patches on a PSP Go running the 6.20 TN-D HEN, along with CWCheat and another plugin (NPLoader?) enabled. They both worked without any issues.

There's really nothing I can say but great job Archaemic!

endrift

Quote from: bignickm27 on March 02, 2012, 11:54:10 pm
Does this patch work with the PSN version?

I don't have it for PSN (nor have I been able to get PSN games I actually got legitimately over the summer working at all...) so I haven't tested it. I'm interested in hearing if it works!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tony75

Can I use the patch on my store bought umd and psp or do I need an emulator and the game file ?
  • Modding version: WotL

endrift

It will work with an off-the-shelf UMD, however, you will need a softmodded PSP to use the patch. Fortunately, softmodding (installing "Custom Firmware") is generally easy and you can find guides to do this on Google.

Tony75

should I go buy a used psp to do this mine is brand new

endrift

Do you know what System Software it has? It's under System Settings > System Information. It if has 6.20, you're golden. I'm pretty sure if it's newer than 6.20, you're probably fine too. I've been a bit out of the loop, so there are better places to find this information, like wololo.net or qj.net.

endrift

I've uploaded a new version of the patches that fixes the stretching in the Outfitters and maybe a few other places, so if you use the unstretch patch, I recommend redownloading the patches. The fast patch is unaffected.

Tony75

do you know a link to where I can get the correct firmware for a 6.38 psp for custom ?

bignickm27

I tried out the slowdown fix and the unstretch patches on the PSN version and they both seem to work just fine.  :)

However, with the unstretch patch, it's so damn hard to see anything anymore >_<. I noticed that the new resolution doesn't utilize as much of the screen as it potentially could. There is still space to increase the resolution without stretching everything out. Would it be possible to do this?
I can not stress enough how much I don't have plans.

Kokojo

Hey, to all the Guests visiting this topic, where are you from? We would want to know~
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Taichii

Quote from: Kokojo on March 07, 2012, 12:04:20 am
Hey, to all the Guests visiting this topic, where are you from? We would want to know~

and hello humans XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Atma

I'm actually surprised there isn't as much hype.  This is HUGE!  People have bitched and complained about this since it was first released, and as far as I know ur probably the first/only person to fix that damn slow down.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Now, I'm not super excited atm because most the work on these forums are for the psx version, HOPEFULLY there is gonna be more work with the PSP version of FFT.
More items, more jobs, extra events, possibly replacing of video files... it's starting to make me all giddy.
TYVM ^.^
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

drbretto

Yes, this is huge news and I, too, am surprised this is only 3 pages.

As for PSP mods, I have a fairly huge update for 1.3 coming out in a week or two. I'll link it here when it's finished if that's ok.

I've imported all of the WOTL only items, among many many other things.

B.K.

Is there any way you could slow the game down a bit in the next version of the patch? It's actually a bit too fast now.

Thanks for the work. I never thought I'd see the day that the PSP version would be faster than the PS1 version.

Eternal

If you really want this to be a more popular patch, tell all your friends about this thread and FFH. :P

Archaemic and the rest of us work hard to make FFT an enjoyable game for years to come.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Noll

Hello everyone! I'm new here, I registered mainly for two reasons: first, I want to express my gratitude to Archaemic for working on this awesome patch.

Unfortunately I bought (again) FFT on my new Vita and THEN I found about this. For a moment I tought "Hey, maybe on the VITA with better hardware there wouldn't be slowdowns!"
I was wrong. 10Euros trashed I guess.
I found about your patch and I'm trying to make it work on my PSP on CFW, but for some reason I really can't get it. I followed all the instructions on the tutorial video that's on youtube, but the patch never applies.

Here's what I did:

download patch
download livepatch 1.2 (and also 1.3)

extract livepatch 1.2 on the root of the PSP, renamed the folder: " livepatch "
extract the patch content inside " livepatch " folder
make a txt file called GAME.TXT inside the SEPLUGIN folder
add the correct string inside the GAME.TXT with a "1" after it (should be ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.(i forgot the extension right now) 1

I tried it on a USA and EURO version, but it doesn't work for me.

MY PSP CFW is a softmodded one: (639 PRO-B9)

The PSP is a 3004 one.

drbretto

Quote from: B.K. on March 07, 2012, 12:38:59 pm
Is there any way you could slow the game down a bit in the next version of the patch? It's actually a bit too fast now.

Thanks for the work. I never thought I'd see the day that the PSP version would be faster than the PS1 version.

It's the same speed as the PSP version. It just seems like it's super fast at first because you're used to the slowdowns. Give it about an hour of playtime and it will feel like normal again.