• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:35:52 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

LFT Information Thread/Download

Started by Laggy, May 16, 2011, 06:54:24 pm

bignickm27

I downloaded the LFT+Translation patch, and so far I've noticed a few bugs. The customized introduction titles for each patch overlap. Ramza's name is Chain Vest by default. And the birthday choosing screen is completely screwed up. You can't tell what you're selecting.
I can not stress enough how much I don't have plans.

Eternal

The patch has been tested by Laggy himself, and it works fine. Perhaps try using a different ISO, and make sure the ISO you use hasn't been patched before.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

bignickm27

I was just coming back to edit that post :P. It must have been a previously patched ISO I was using.

Eternal

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

bignickm27

Is there any reason why this patch would not work properly on a PSP? I patched a clean ISO, then used popstation to convert it to an Eboot file. Everything ran smoothly on my psp until I tried to change classes. Everytime the game hangs for about 10 seconds then my PSP shuts off.  :mad:

Argy

Hiya

Shouldnt be a problem for the PSP, my LFT works just fine as an eboot. I am running 3.72m33-6 on mine!
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Elric

Quote from: Argy on January 22, 2012, 11:35:29 am
Hiya
Shouldnt be a problem for the PSP, my LFT works just fine as an eboot. I am running 3.72m33-6 on mine!

Well then that throws out my theory XD
I seem to recall someone having this exact problem a few weeks back with FFT+

bignickm27

Hmm well I updated to the newest cfw my psp 3001 can run, and still nothing. I don't think I can downgrade to anything that would let me use m33-6. So what exactly is ASM?

Eternal

Custom code that changes things that things like the Patcher cannot.

bignickm27

January 22, 2012, 08:01:28 pm #29 Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:14:08 pm by bignickm27
Are there any patches here that don't use ASM? Last time I used ePSXe about a year ago, I remember being pretty disappointed with it.

EDIT: Also, does a PS3 with CFW have this same problem with ASM?

Eternal

Usually if a patch uses heavy ASM, it's unplayable on anything but ePSXe. What didn't you like about ePSXe? It's fairly customizeable.

Elric

Quote from: Eternal248 on January 22, 2012, 08:37:53 pm
Usually if a patch uses heavy ASM, it's unplayable on anything but ePSXe. What didn't you like about ePSXe? It's fairly customizeable.

Well you can play CoP  :mrgreen: I've beaten that on a console a few times so you shouldn't have any issues,
Also I may be incorrect, but I believe you can play FFT: Complete on a console as well

bignickm27

Quote from: Eternal248 on January 22, 2012, 08:37:53 pm

From what I remember, I had a good deal of trouble getting everything to work properly, from graphics to sound to game speed. I may give it another shot since it seems to be the only option.

Quote from: Elric42 on January 22, 2012, 08:39:08 pm
Well you can play CoP  :mrgreen: I've beaten that on a console a few times so you shouldn't have any issues,
Also I may be incorrect, but I believe you can play FFT: Complete on a console as well

Okay thanks, I'll take a look at those.

Eternal

Quote from: bignickm27 on January 22, 2012, 08:47:40 pm
From what I remember, I had a good deal of trouble getting everything to work properly, from graphics to sound to game speed. I may give it another shot since it seems to be the only option.

There's a guide in Tutorials about how to set up ePSXe's graphic plugin easily.

Argy

Sorry to hear about that, i could never play FFT+ or FFT:PW because of the huge amounts of ASM. As the guys have said previously, usually only playable on the ePSXe emulator.
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

C1REX

Looks like an excellent patch!!!
I like the improvements and rebalance.

Excellent idea about keeping the story at about the same difficulty but adding some extra very hard battles. Sounds like perfect mod to have both - fast paces story mode for newcomers and people who are coming back and extra challenge after beating the game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

lessen

April 08, 2018, 02:45:58 pm #37 Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:06:11 pm by lessen
This patch is crashing for me when I try to change Ramza (renamed to "Ember")'s secondary ability (to Item), right after the first battle. I'm using RetroArch (with the Psx Beetle HW core). Any suggestions?

Also crashed on the PSX Beetle (non-HW) core, and the other RetroArch-available core (PCSX something) actually froze on the Loading Save Files screen.

I'll try ePSXe next.

Bonesy

you may want to go to rpgdl or whatever, laggy hasn't been here since 2014
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

lessen

hm

Well, for the benefit of anyone else trying this patch later, I'll say it seems to NOT crash in ePSXe. ePSXe has a glaring visual bug with FFT where instead of the blue overlay effect on team players fading in and out, it flickers erratically, UNLESS you use the ePSXe video plugin rather than the Pete's plugin (which is generally the preferred one).

Also: even with most of my problems resolved, I'll report that when the Red Panther uses Steal Heart, its animation glitches out completely. I'm assuming it doesn't have an actual animation for that ability.  :P