• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:37:07 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Rebirth Released!

Started by Paheej, December 19, 2010, 02:45:30 pm

Paheej

Quote from: maugustus1 on June 07, 2011, 07:34:01 pm
this mod is great, wonderful rebalance nice sprites etc, however i just reached riovanes castle and after the outside battle it errors big time. after the battle outside riovanes castle you have the option to save, when you do it appears as 000000000000 instead of job. subsequently in the formation screen you are lvl 0 and have the 2 basic jobs. when you keep going and try to fight weigraf you instantly die!! i was a lunar knight during the fight, im gonna change it to see a difference. maybe there is a fix ?

Whoa, I have no idea about this.  Could you post your save state so that we may look at it?

maugustus1

heres the sceenshots and memory card file and a save state

i finished the asm hacks dk sprite and fftpatcher import on the fft complete base, i also went back and changed the dk names with fftactext and the speed and mp values of 99% og the spells, i tried playing on that iso but it gave me the same error :(

maugustus1

FIXED. I went through the Entd and unflagged the load formation from malak and rafa.

bloodafro

Just finished this.  I really liked a lot of the changes made.  My favorite part of course was the Lunar knight. Good stuff my friend
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

Paheej

I'll be back in NC on Tuesday August 2nd, and the first order of business as far as modding of FF Tactics is to create a patch based on the feedback for the first version of Rebirth.  If you want to see any particular changes made to the mod please let us know on our feedback page: http://www.nexus-studios.org/?page_id=347

Lancerlot

I have a questions in your patch since it is not indicated in your site. Here are my questions:
1. Can you increase or decrease a characters brave and faith?
2. Are the glitch like the Cameleon Robe trick, Gaf's/shop duplication trick, jp scroll down trick and level up/down trick is still in your patch?
3. Are the choices that increase the brave is still i your patch like saving Algus, Boco and Mustadio?
4. How about the roster is it still the same as the original as the FFT?

Paheej

Quote from: Lancerlot on August 11, 2011, 08:33:25 am
I have a questions in your patch since it is not indicated in your site. Here are my questions:
1. Can you increase or decrease a characters brave and faith?

Yes, Chris and I debated on this point for a while but it essentially came down to this.  If you don't like changing brave/faith and you think its borderline cheating or "chessy" then you can always not use the related abilities.  However if we did not allow players to permanently modify brave and faith, then those players who wished to use this method (some would call an exploit) would be simply out of luck.  After we played Tactics 1.3 we decided that allowing permanent brave and faith changes is simply the superior design choice (if you don't like it, don't use it; however if you love to use it and think it is an essential component to the Mediator then you have that option).

Quote2. Are the glitch like the Cameleon Robe trick, Gaf's/shop duplication trick, jp scroll down trick and level up/down trick is still in your patch?

As far as I know they still work but I have not tested these.  However if you try to steal Gaf's equipment before he turns on you - you may be in for a surprise.

Quote3. Are the choices that increase the brave is still i your patch like saving Algus, Boco and Mustadio?

Yes these have been left unmodified.

Quote4. How about the roster is it still the same as the original as the FFT?

Yes unique characters may have updated sprites and abilities: you can find them at http://www.nexus-studios.org/?page_id=122

Paheej

Rebirth Mk II has been released; you can check out a full changelog here:

http://www.nexus-studios.org/?p=486

Rouenne

I am curious about something: I want to download the patch for the PSP version but something is bothering me, what happened to the Dark Knight class? I know this was meant mostly for the PSX version, also I'd like to know if the Dark Knight exclusives that were online avalaiable in the Multiplayer mode were taken in count in the patch.

Really, those weapons could really be used for the Lunar Knight or something and added somewhere in game, they were pretty good material.

Also what changes were made to the new PSP contents overall.

Luc

feature requests;

-rename anyone at soldier offices
- Limit skills don't require materia blade (i know you enhanced the item itself but still, option should be there) (haven't gotten far enough to see if this is in the mod or not, but i didnt see it in your list of things you changed)
- samurai draw skills - do they still have a chance to break weapons cause that sucks lol, also do they still require specific blades? cause that sucks too haha

other than those things I cant think of anything else atm

Gokajern

It's a nice mod, it does feel a lot like vanilla and the balancing changes are just right, specially the speed balance.

I'm happy it's no 1.3, but a little extra difficulty would be ok too.

The only thing that bothers me is that I can't find the special encounters (only the one with the bunch of dragons in Mandalia), there is one for every place right?

Loki487

Hello I am new to this whole "Hacktics" thing. Although I enjoy FFT a lot and my cousin is the one who got me on it and well he does all this stuff at the least I think he still does. Any way I have been wanting to try a harder version of this and when I use the P-pfo matic and patch my file and I run it on Psx it seems to read out of sector and wont start up. What would you suggest to fix this or is there another version that would work?

Paheej

@Gokajern
There is a special encounter for every area.  You must be coming from the correct direction though.  Try coming at an area from every direction to get those epic encounters.  They will happen 40% of the time from the specific direction.

@Loki
Did you try the most updated version?  If you are still having problems try an alternate version at the bottom of the download page - http://www.nexus-studios.org/?page_id=60

Paheej

Quote from: Luc on September 14, 2011, 12:51:37 am
-rename anyone at soldier offices
- Limit skills don't require materia blade (i know you enhanced the item itself but still, option should be there) (haven't gotten far enough to see if this is in the mod or not, but i didnt see it in your list of things you changed)
- samurai draw skills - do they still have a chance to break weapons cause that sucks lol, also do they still require specific blades? cause that sucks too haha

We may allow players to rename everyone on the next patch.  I was for it, but the majority of staff members disliked the idea for some reason.  Limit skills still require the Materia Blade although the weapon is MUCH better than previously and all the skills are upgraded.  Samurai draw skills still break weapons.  I spent many hours trying to fix this but it seems that the break chance is hardcoded to be the value as the weapon power; therefore there is no current solution for this.

Wiz

October 25, 2011, 08:54:02 pm #54 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:55:35 pm by Wiz
Quote from: Paheej on October 25, 2011, 08:35:34 pm
Samurai draw skills still break weapons.  I spent many hours trying to fix this but it seems that the break chance is hardcoded to be the value as the weapon power; therefore there is no current solution for this.

Actually, there is. If you go to FFTPatcher and select Formula 4E, Dmg_(MA *Y), that'll solve the trick + you can put CT's on them which prevents instant Chiri + Masamunes if you so desire :)

^, FFT Arena uses the same implementation if you're wondering.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenOfRazgriz

October 25, 2011, 11:10:22 pm #55 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:11:20 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
The skills won't function correctly for the player if you do that, actually.  They have some sort of weird glitch.  I believe its 100% break rate on related weapon without displaying Broken, but it's been a long time.

Then again... if you want to do that, you can just use the Generic Skillset Fix to make Draw Out into a non-special skillset and recreate all its skills using non-Katana formula.

Generic19

Spell Absorb on Oracle appears to not work correctly if you hit more than 1 character with it at a time.

Also I noticed a small change in that you gave, Rad, Lavian, and Alicia exceptionally high Brave and/or Faith parameters.  Wonder if it's enough to make worth using.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Generic19 on December 10, 2011, 07:06:18 pm
Spell Absorb on Oracle appears to not work correctly if you hit more than 1 character with it at a time.

Any hit that absorbs HP/MP will only give the caster back the HP/MP drained from the first unit hit by the attack, if that's the "error" you're experiencing.  The game's not coded to handle multiple absorptions because it was never intended to be done.

shinta

January 26, 2012, 11:02:29 am #58 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:09:18 am by shinta
is it a bug? what are the requirments of summoner?
i already have a lvl 4 time mage...

oops. nvm. ive read the thread and someone also has the problem..
need lvl 4 priest ><

Paheej

Quote from: shinta on January 26, 2012, 11:02:29 am
is it a bug? what are the requirments of summoner?
i already have a lvl 4 time mage...

oops. nvm. ive read the thread and someone also has the problem..
need lvl 4 priest ><

Correct this is more of making the Summoner a complete end-game magic user and making the requirements reflect that.