• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Rebirth Released!

Started by Paheej, December 19, 2010, 02:45:30 pm

philsov

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=2408.0
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6310.0

should help.

If you did the shishi iso expansion I highly recommend winhex because it it's "append 00's" function -- dunno if other hexers have that utility as well.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

GaresTaylan

Is the Lunar Knight accessed via the same means as the Calculator?

Paheej

Quote from: GaresTaylan on January 16, 2011, 04:35:21 pm
Is the Lunar Knight accessed via the same means as the Calculator?

The requirements for Lunar Knight are Level 4 Knight, Level 4 Wizard, Level 3 Summoner, and Level 3 Samurai (Level 3 Time Mage and Level 2 Lancer are also required but you should acquire those anyway).

@Phil
Thanks for links, I'll get around to it this week hopefully.  I've been reviewing mods for another retro-hacking community.

rafae1

Is there a way to patch the PSP translation in the Rebirth patch?

lolkuro

Lunar Knight's sprite-set reverts to a bugged Calculator in battle.
Also, some units started with bizzare things: I got a few squires with extended Basic Skill abilities that should have never been there [chemist abilities, some of Chapter 4 Ramza's stuff]
and a few came onto the team with abilities only gainable through class progression but were absolutely new recruits.

I have no idea if the latter is part of the hack for random super-units, but the calculator-to-lunar knight bug needs fixing.

LastingDawn

Hmm... are you sure it's a clean rom? Dirty patching can sometimes cause very strange problems as the ones you've mentioned.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Jamus

Can you provide a link to the ROM you use?

Eternal

Can't provide links to ROMs, it's illegal. =\
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MagiusRerecros

I patched a clean iso with the ppf, but I keep getting "read out of sector" errors when I try to run it in pSX.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

bloodafro

Hey Paheej I'm having the same problem and can't see the sprite changes in battle.  I shall e-mail you!!!!!!!!
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

bloodafro

Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

Sylverwulfe

Just sent an e-mail to you Paheej, but in the meantime I would like to ask if the conditions for Summoner were changed as I have already passed the former requirement of Level 2 Time Mage. Thanks.

Sylverwulfe

Nevermind on the Summoner guess I needed Priest level 4 as well.

Paheej

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates, you can continue to e-mail me at strepj@gmail.com and I'll get you a post-patched version that works correctly.  I just haven't had the time to update it as I'm getting swamped with work in my lab and have a government assignment at the beginning of April.  If anyone has the time to do a new clean PPF then hit me up and I will provide a post-patched and pre-patched file for you to make the PPF from (its looking doubtful I will be able to get it done before 04APR).

Thanks,
Paheej (Paul Street)

Paheej

Quote from: rafae1 on February 17, 2011, 07:37:09 am
Is there a way to patch the PSP translation in the Rebirth patch?

I'm unsure; Darkholme has expressed interest in making a PSP version although that's not quite what you are looking for.  I can give you the development files if you would like to try to make that patch yourself, otherwise the earliest I could undertake such an endeavor would be August.

overdosed

great hack.. soo good i had to make a account jus to let you know how much i enjoyed it, this is as good as it gets, *grats* btw, if you could add extra sidequests, and rediculous bosses, this game would be epic..   :twisted:

wemustexpandordie

now when i ask this i am asking this in a nice tone, not as a meanie.

can you tell me why we would chose this over other patches?
also is this harder than vanilla?

GeneralStrife

Quote from: wemustexpandordie on April 13, 2011, 04:24:06 pm

1. Take the time and effort to just try it
2. ????
3. Profit!

Paheej

Quote from: wemustexpandordie on April 13, 2011, 04:24:06 pm

I kind of like GeneralStrife's comment.  But to expand on that a little more the goal of this patch was to differentiate and balance the classes as the main focus.  Magic and many of the weaker support classes saw huge overhauls.  True, it is similar to many of the other mods at first glance (1.3 etc).  However there focus is more on different aspects like increasing difficulty or changing the storyline.

This mod focuses giving you a slight twist to the vanilla Tactics that everyone knows and loves.  It has major re-balancing of classes, items, and characters but we attempted to keep the things we love the most of vanilla and the spirit of the game intact.

There are some harder battles, although much of their difficulty comes from the re-balanced classes rather than a specific enemy design or encounter.

Check out this page for a complete listing of features: http://www.nexus-studios.org/?page_id=89

maugustus1

this mod is great, wonderful rebalance nice sprites etc, however i just reached riovanes castle and after the outside battle it errors big time. after the battle outside riovanes castle you have the option to save, when you do it appears as 000000000000 instead of job. subsequently in the formation screen you are lvl 0 and have the 2 basic jobs. when you keep going and try to fight weigraf you instantly die!! i was a lunar knight during the fight, im gonna change it to see a difference. maybe there is a fix ?