• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Turn based FFT V0.9(For now on this projet is finished.)

Started by SolidSnakeDog, October 10, 2009, 09:42:00 am

How the system system?

Good idia. I like this.
2 (40%)
Nope. I dont like this.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 14, 2009, 04:45:48 am

SolidSnakeDog

October 20, 2009, 11:41:23 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Curently im trying to learn and use the ATTACK.OUT editor for party placement.
Gonna take some time homever...
Be sure to posts bugs and overpowered skills in the mean time.  :shock:  :x  
Guess i will be forced to give a mobile controlable quest unit having Ramza's ID...
Or maybe using the event editing tool to bypass this. But i never used it.

Aquablack

October 21, 2009, 08:44:18 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
In the psp version killing all enemies auto-ends that battle, though it played Ramza opening the gate in what I believe to be a separate event.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SolidSnakeDog

October 21, 2009, 10:07:06 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
At less the PSP users will not be affected by this...but i will fix it so this is possible to past that battle on the PSX.
I am almos done removing all the 2nd squad formations. This will make it easyer to use items on the party.

MiKeMiTchi

October 21, 2009, 11:19:43 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
skip that battle.. :P
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Sephirot24

October 22, 2009, 12:17:11 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Can't you just change the Winning Conditions to "defeat all enemies" ?

SolidSnakeDog

October 22, 2009, 02:09:59 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Not that simple. Well...for me that is. I never used event compiler-decompiler
But i know how to skip it homever but i am not totally sure if this is a good idia
but this still may be good for an temporaly fix at less...

SolidSnakeDog

October 23, 2009, 03:48:59 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Okay. The v 0.4 is on. This is an minor update but will help a lot. But the floodgate still need to be fixed...(Sorry don't have much time lately)

NOTE : Look like i am almos at max at the progress of making this better.
I really need the ASM hacks to continue to progress. At this point, the only thing i can do is bugs fixing and rebalancing. (Well...thats the next step in my book anyway)

In the next update i will put a quest unit in the DD and at the floodgate battle...but for the rest i need the much needed ASM hacks. See main topic to know what i need if you want to help.

EDIT : Speaking of balance...i am planning to give all low tier spells no charge time to give the mages a little buff up. There keep dying at frist turn most of the time.  :shock:
The game is extremely hard if you use mages and very easy if you use knights...this need to be looked into.

Gotwald

October 23, 2009, 08:03:00 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gotwald
You could make all spells with no charge time, increase MP cost by a small amount, and make ethers slightly cheaper and available from the beginning of the game.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Skip Sandwich

October 23, 2009, 08:14:46 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
yeah, the charge time mechanics only work because of the ability to move around and hind behind terrain or your allies to lessen the chance of being hit midcharge, with movement taken away, charge time is useless
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Kokojo

October 23, 2009, 08:27:06 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Why don't you just line up enemy and friendly units ? That could solve your problems... But it would be effing Long.

If not, check this out, I could probably do it for you one day.

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1961
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Zaen

October 23, 2009, 09:23:34 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
I say rebalance the magic system so that the damage and MP aren't broken, and then just give the stuff no charge time. Also, lining them up isn't the best idea, as that takes away all the strategy left from magic hitting everything on an equal height, as I saw for some abilities.

Plus, you could make magic slightly stronger than physical attacks. This balances out because magic costs MP, and if you make it costly enough, it's used in moderation instead of all the time. So either you make MA slightly higher, or magic's Y or whatever value slightly higher, it could work.

Or.. you could give small charge times for the higher magic, like 2, 3, or 4.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SolidSnakeDog

October 24, 2009, 11:43:50 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Kokojo"Why don't you just line up enemy and friendly units ? That could solve your problems... But it would be effing Long.

If not, check this out, I could probably do it for you one day.

Well...long but not imposible. i think i aleardy made a small step in that direction by removing the 2nd formation in all story battles.

Placing enemies next to each other will be more troble that it worth.
Well at less there can use items on each other if this is done.
But if you want to take the time to do this this will be userfull.

For now i will buff the mages up. There really a pain to use.

I think i will remove the Charge time for anything but the best spells like meteor/fire 4 and a few other that can affect all enemies/allies will still have a CT but will be cast much faster. And giving em about 50% higher MP cost to most spells. But i think the damage is fine for low tier spells but spells like Fire4 and other will probably be a bit weaker.

Guess i will start there.

EDIT : Aslo noticed the battles are very short right now...TOO short.
My idia to that : Doubling the Base HP % for all class so the battles last a little longer...what do you think?

If you got a better idia to make em longer tell me and i will think about it.

Kokojo

October 24, 2009, 12:34:08 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Hahahaha Sorry to sound like a hero...
What I said is I could make it so that the Sluice battle can be won by killing all units.

SolidSnakeDog

October 24, 2009, 01:05:30 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Kokojo"Hahahaha Sorry to sound like a hero...
What I said is I could make it so that the Sluice battle can be won by killing all units.

Ah ok! Well...please do. This will help me alot. Thanks in advance.
But...if you need to modifiy the Attack.BIN file to do that TELL ME right away. Because the formation i removed will revert back. So i can send you the file if needed. But i think you dont need it anyway...just in case.

Kokojo

October 24, 2009, 01:08:36 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
attack.bin ? Attack.out. That's the one il need to edit...
Don't you mean battle.bin ?

SolidSnakeDog

October 24, 2009, 01:10:40 pm #55 Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:36:21 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Ah damn...
Yes...i used ATTACK.OUT for the formations so...
Guess i need to sent you the file..

How can i send you the file anyway? Never done that on this site...gonna try via PM..

Well...i can't send it via pm. I just noticed. Is there an other way?

EDIT : Ok im done Removing the CT form most spells and add more MP cost to compensate...now i will test the mages now. (Alright mages! Show me what you got!)
Like i say before, the battles are too short so i will probably double the HP % for anything...unless there is a better way.

Kokojo

October 24, 2009, 01:31:47 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Attach it here.

SolidSnakeDog

October 24, 2009, 01:39:59 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Can't belive this worked...all i did was puting in .PPF and i was able to submit it. Here is it!
Just change it back to ATTACK.OUT

EDIT : Tested the mages after buffing em and now i find em great to have.
Now i wonder if i should give 100% accuracy to all supporting skills and spells like RAISE/PROTECT/HASTE ect...the MP cost is higher so you don't want to waste MP missing a support spell. What do you think?

SolidSnakeDog

October 24, 2009, 10:07:22 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I am very happy to say : The V0.5 IS NOW OUT! (ZOMG THIS WAS FAST)
This was going so well to the point i made this update in one day...phew.
See the changes at the usual place.

But um...don't expect an other update soon.
I did almos all that i had planned. The only thing missing is...the ASM hacks. But be sure to post the imbalances and bugs i will make an update form time to time to balance/fix em.

Sugestions is of course welcome.

EDIT : ...the damn spikes and germinas boots is STILL here...Sigh.
My mistake...i removed all the flags and fogot to save each time...
3 times in an row actually. (Guess i am save blind...)  :shock:

Zaen

October 25, 2009, 12:09:53 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Instead of just doubling % for HP, why not do something like 130% or something? Maybe 150% at most. That won't make stuff unnecessarily long, but it'll keep it decent in time.

But yeah, I can't wait to try this when I have more time. I'm probably gotta get to it when more is updated. As for the item dilemma, Couldn't you make at least the items into abilities? There's around 14 unused spots I usually put extra abilities into. You could just make them into spells for the chemist so they instantly cast it upon others, making them free with silence not affecting them? This would still allow for auto potion, as you could just stock on the highest available potion, but it takes away item limits. Temp work around, possibly.

EDIT: As for the attack issue.. I have an idea. Just give every weapon arc and 255 range? You don't need an ASM for unlimited range.
Like I said for the items, just a temporary work around until the ASM for going through walls happens.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar