• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:51:11 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Turn based FFT V0.9(For now on this projet is finished.)

Started by SolidSnakeDog, October 10, 2009, 09:42:00 am

How the system system?

Good idia. I like this.
2 (40%)
Nope. I dont like this.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 14, 2009, 04:45:48 am

Pride

I believe most of your asm problems can be fixed via the patcher with a bit of creativity. You'd have to play around with Attack.OUT and the entd to figure out how to place the units where the walls wouldn't be a problem. A bit tedious. You could give each class a base attack using DMG_Weapon formula, make it cost no JP, MP, etc. The problem would be guns since they are bugged with the dmg_weapon formula, but the zodiac's hack could stop them from being used with the new 'attack' ability. And for throw... What about giving each job a high move but with innate status don't move?
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

ffta707

Tedious, but in a technical way not tedious (Compared to ASM). Good point pride, you'll just have to be creative, as pride said. I'll try to help as much as I can. I'm going to read over your ASM's.

Zaen

Just change the Attack skillset to have two abilities.

One for all weapons except guns, the other for guns. Then just make it so that one forbids guns and the other requires guns. Then, just set the formula. Or... just make 3, and require one of the magic guns for the 3rd.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

ffta707

There, that's a start, or a finish. Go from there SSD. I want to play it! I think you should add some custom sprites, and even jobs (If you have time) to spice things up a little.

Zaen

Actually... my fix would require 3 separate for magic guns, but whatever. It should work. What's wrong with 5 attack commands? lol
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

EpicSolidSnake

Too bad i forgotten my pass and my other email wont work anymore...(no idia wy)
Yeah...i am SSD actually.I changed my computer lately and i was using auto login all the time so over time, i forgot the pass...and the email don't seem to work anymore, so i can't recover my accont...

Anyway, back on topic.

Again, i am way late... oh well.

Pride : I believe most of your asm problems can be fixed via the patcher with a bit of creativity. You'd have to play around with Attack.OUT and the entd to figure out how to place the units where the walls wouldn't be a problem. A bit tedious. You could give each class a base attack using DMG_Weapon formula, make it cost no JP, MP, etc. The problem would be guns since they are bugged with the dmg_weapon formula, but the zodiac's hack could stop them from being used with the new 'attack' ability. And for throw... What about giving each job a high move but with innate status don't move?

I aleardy did the max move and don't move status part.
And yeah, setting units in an way so the normal attack work normally on all maps seem like a good idia.(But takes forever to do and require insane testing)
For monks i just add the *attack* in the skill set for monks, because fists only got a range of 1.

It is hard to do in some map, like the one that enemies show up form an event and other things like that. (Think of the frist boss for exemple. And aslo in most maps, Ramza is forced to be in one particular square, and so are some enemies.

This fix will probably not be possible for all maps sadly...

ffta707 : Tedious, but in a technical way not tedious (Compared to ASM). Good point pride, you'll just have to be creative, as pride said. I'll try to help as much as I can. I'm going to read over your ASM's.

I realised something, even by ASM hacking, i don't think thats actually possible to make the thrown items ignore walls and unlimited range, same for the normal attack.
if it is possible, it will take weeks to find out the right code. Do it if you like, but i don't think it is worth that much troble. (But id say it will get this patch much more playable the way i want it to.)

ffta707 : There, that's a start, or a finish. Go from there SSD. I want to play it! I think you should add some custom sprites, and even jobs (If you have time) to spice things up a little.

It has 2 new job actually, but the chemist is scraped because it is hard to use.(And hard-coded)
For sprites...don't expect anything too fancy, since i don't make em. (I might use some form this site, but thats about it.)

But im not even sure i can actually finish this. (Mosly because of the lack of free time i have lately.)

Zaen : Actually... my fix would require 3 separate for magic guns, but whatever. It should work. What's wrong with 5 attack commands? lol

I don't quite get this part...bit more info on that? I think i have an idia but not 100% sure about this.

Aslo, i figured how to make videos now. So those *Screens shots* will get remplaced by a vid probably. (A video is much better that screen shots!)
...oh right...i will need to make a other topic since i can't do anything here anymore...sigh.
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog