• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Turn based FFT V0.9(For now on this projet is finished.)

Started by SolidSnakeDog, October 10, 2009, 09:42:00 am

How the system system?

Good idia. I like this.
2 (40%)
Nope. I dont like this.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 14, 2009, 04:45:48 am

SolidSnakeDog

October 10, 2009, 09:42:00 am Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:27:03 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Since i lack the ASM hacking ability, this projet is now *Half Completed*...(I did about all i can do to this point)
But to really call this complete, this need a few ASM hacks....and this is where i hit a wall.
(I don't think anyone will help me with the ASM hacks at this point anyway.So thats means this projet will stay *Half-Complete*)

I may still update for further balancing and bugs that i can fix W/O ASM hacking, but don't expect the next updates to have alot of changes like before.
Still...if you hapend to find a nasty bug or something fell free to tell me.

Say, if you want to take this hack and doing your own projet with it, fell free to do so.(Just give me the credits)

This is not because i don't want to finish this, i just can't complete it fully since ASM hacking is out of my league.  :cry:
BUT having the Attack command unlimited range alone will help ALOT and that the biggest thing needed right now.[/spoiler]
Few begimer/Advanced tips :
-Carefull of bombs there can completely wipe you if your are not carefull.
-Frist Aids/Energy Drinks works well used with classes having high MA.
-Protect/shell/haste 2 is very effective in this hack.
-Make a thief early to not get under-equiped by mid chapiter 1.(Or you can always play this the hard way if you wish.)
-Monk Chacra is good for healing some HP/MP for all the party at once.
-Use the attack cmd in an skill set if the regular attack is at 0%
-Note that Acumulate gives +2 PA.This may be usefull if your using a monk using basic skill. PA add chance to revive using *Revive* and stronger Healing using chacra and of course, higher attack power.
-Arch mage can use some of the best spells...if you got eneuf MP to use em. One of em is Cure 5. Healing even more that Cure 4 but has no CT and gives regen to all your party. There aslo got a secret skill that can be learned form a rare monster during chapiter 4.
-Level up at less once before each story line fight to not get underleveled later.

[attachment=0:izmej1it]Turn Based FFT v0.9.PPF[/attachment:izmej1it]
[attachment=7:izmej1it]Turn based FFT v0.8.PPF[/attachment:izmej1it]

MiKeMiTchi

October 10, 2009, 01:33:28 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Can you post some screens for us please?
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

SolidSnakeDog

October 10, 2009, 02:14:02 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Guess i can. Hang on there will be done in about 30 min..

Edit : Okay. done. Guess i should have done that sooner so people know what to expect.

SolidSnakeDog

October 11, 2009, 05:33:11 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
You all are neutral on this it seems...no good comment about this after 2 days...  :(

philsov

October 11, 2009, 06:25:07 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
is english your first language?

what in the world is this doing in the help section?

But... basically you set the range of all abilities to infinite and reduced the move stat down to 0?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

SolidSnakeDog

October 11, 2009, 07:41:05 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
1.Actually the Title was different (last one was : Is the new battle system was a good idia?)
But the new title make this inapropriate for HELP section now...and cant delete it myself... (Sigh let us delete the posts we made ourself please...)
2.Something like that...looks simple but the regular ATTACK command is HARD to modifiy (Still has the height problem like cant attack if the taget is 2 or more panel above and 3 form below...so i put *ATTACK* in all skills for a work around. Odd thats work fine in a skill set...will try to fix that if i ever do a hack like this. Unless this is hard coded.)

MiKeMiTchi

October 12, 2009, 09:08:59 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Yes, i see, that is a new TBS.

from Tactical Battle System to Turn Based system, right?

Hmm.. this should be improved by the use of events\event hacking.
Haven't tested it out yet, so I'm not sure.

QuoteSigh let us delete the posts we made ourself please...

Tell that to the moderator.

SolidSnakeDog

October 12, 2009, 11:56:03 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
QuoteHmm.. this should be improved by the use of events\event hacking.
Haven't tested it out yet, so I'm not sure.

You mean using the event compiler/decompiler tool ?
Not sure...idk much about using it.
Or do you mean something esle?

Oh well tell me later.  :)

LastingDawn

October 12, 2009, 03:24:12 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
You know, this is a Fully original idea! I really like it! It's unique and does bring to mind some interesting possibilities, keep up the good work! This has a future.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

SolidSnakeDog

October 12, 2009, 05:46:26 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "LastingDawn"You know, this is a Fully original idea! I really like it! It's unique and does bring to mind some interesting possibilities, keep up the good work! This has a future.

Thanks LD thats mean a lot to me. Guess i will make this after all.
Time to get busy  8)

There just one thing that bugs me...ITEMS! The throw range are hard coded so using items will be harder.

Sephirot24

October 12, 2009, 07:24:38 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
I like your idea a lot. You want to make it work like a normal, numbered FF right?

First thing I'll say is that setting everyone's move to 0 will not be enough. You'll have to remove every item which gives +1 move like shoes. EDIT: also every ability which gives + move like Move+1, also teleport and teleport 2. And jump too, remember you can jump horizontally. Also you'll have to manually change the position of most units. How will "throw" or "item" work for instance? You'll need an ASM hack that makes throwable items go through obstacles, not only walls but also other units.

Anyways, keep working on the basic functions and when you get them down (or at least most of them) you'll be able to spot flaws on this project easier.

SolidSnakeDog

October 12, 2009, 08:23:37 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Sephirot24"I like your idea a lot. You want to make it work like a normal, numbered FF right?

First thing I'll say is that setting everyone's move to 0 will not be enough. You'll have to remove every item which gives +1 move like shoes. EDIT: also every ability which gives + move like Move+1, also teleport and teleport 2. And jump too, remember you can jump horizontally. Also you'll have to manually change the position of most units. How will "throw" or "item" work for instance? You'll need an ASM hack that makes throwable items go through obstacles, not only walls but also other units.

Anyways, keep working on the basic functions and when you get them down (or at least most of them) you'll be able to spot flaws on this project easier.

Dont worry. All the move/jump+teleport ect was removed before i ever read your comment. And im now planning to change the items that give move/Jump to something else. (Maybe Giving HP or MP boust...or an Initial status or something.)
Yeah...i will need a ASM hack for the items...and for *Throw* too.  :evil:
Guess i will ask for it in the ASM topic and hope i get lucky to find someone to help about this.

Oh...and i cant position how i want : Your team has fixed starting point.
but I CAN for most enemy units. (Unless the story force em to do something, in that case i will not move em)

And...i cant really kill the treasure hunting in the DD so a single special units (Beowolf probably) Will be able to move to get em.
(Or making a special controlable quest that has move-find-item in the DD...even better for me)
But for now i need to do much more stuff before...one thing at a time  8)

EDIT : Did an quick update so all battles are playable now not just the frist one. And made some balance changes.

MiKeMiTchi

October 13, 2009, 10:52:33 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Screens look promising.
But yeah, as I've said before, work on the event editing. :)

ex., when it's Ramza's turn, and choose to attack, he jumps to his enemy or moves forward to attack
then goes back to his place. Are you doing that? Sorry, I haven't tested your patch yet.

SolidSnakeDog

October 13, 2009, 11:10:02 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Just a regular attack (Think FF2/3/4/5) but not moving foward or backward. Dont really want em to jump to attack,i pefer seeing the weapon slash.  
But once i get more experience at event editing i will try something different. But i never used the event editing so this will take time before i can do something like this.  :(

MiKeMiTchi

October 13, 2009, 11:13:42 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Yes, take your time. :(
I'm having a hard time with them myself.

SolidSnakeDog

October 13, 2009, 11:24:44 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I got an idia...if i use the theif stealing animation but add in an *Sword strike* in the prosess...guess this will do the trick!

EDIT : Ugh...cant get it right...
There attacks always stay in place....not moving in and slash at the same time. Any idia?

EDIT2 : IDK how the fuck this hapened, but attacking using attack in the skill set will make you use the fists istend of the weapon. Was working fine before....shit. I Dont have a glue what caused this. The regular attack animation work fine...but not the ones in the skill sets...  :evil:  :x
At less the dammage stayed normal...so this wont affect gameplay.

Vanya

October 13, 2009, 01:05:23 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Make sure you have 'weapon strike' checked or it will default to fists.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

October 13, 2009, 01:13:21 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
So...that what hapened. Must have clicked it by accident..  :)

EDIT : By the way. The starting generic was changed but fogot to put em back to normal before posting.
(Even if this was a mistake...this may speed up the testing at less  :wink: )
Aslo i am thinking of changing the chemist/ninja jobs cause there dont work too well in this.)
Now working to put the right description for all the abilities...

Rythe

October 14, 2009, 04:45:57 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Rythe
I think this is a pretty good idea in theory. It's just probably going to be a little difficult to pull off. By putting an "Attack" command into every skillset, some jobs lose an ability, and some might not be able to pull it off properly. An ASM hack to make every weapon hit anywhere on the map is vital. Item isn't too big of a deal if you're not planning on using them on enemies. Just place all your allies certain formations so items can fly freely between them. There's a utility somewhere that will let you edit a 5x5 grid where you place your units before battles. You could even change the maps for story battles if you so desired. Throw can be fixed, too. Give every class a move of 9 and Innate: Don't Move. Then change all equipment that grants immunity to Don't Act and every spell that cancels it. Voila, Throw range of 9 and still no moving!
(>^_^)>----------------------@(>X_x)>
YO-YO'D

SolidSnakeDog

October 14, 2009, 05:15:13 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Giving 9 move and inate d'ont move...good work around till someone make a ASM hack to fix throw completely.

About the formation battle... yea but some battle got 2 formation to set up in an fight. (Making it hard to revive 2 guy dead on the other side) and you probably can't throw items at em cause there are way too far form you. Priests is much more reliable that items for now. Be sure to use em.

Rythe says : Then change all equipment that grants immunity to Don't Act and every spell that cancels it.

Dont you mean Don't move?