• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:26:19 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

______ Patch

Started by Kourama, April 28, 2009, 12:57:57 pm

Kourama

April 28, 2009, 12:57:57 pm Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:07:00 am by Kourama
Well here is my patch. The patch is pretty simple. No event edits, just some new abilities and changes, some new jobs with changes to current skillsets, item/equip changes, random battle changes and crapload of text edits. I have no name for it because it didn't really have set vision just things I wanted to change with input from my brother and it is what it is now.

Spoilers for most of the changes are below.

Changes
New Jobs
- Archer changed to Ranger
Innate: Secret Hunt, Move-Find Item

Abilities:

Leg Aim
Arm Aim
Cupid - chance to add: charm
Tranquilizer - chance to add: sleep
Venom Shot - chance to add: poison

Catch
Arrow Guard
Secret Hunt
Train
Equip Bow - bow and crossbow
Jump +3

- Calculator changed to Necromancer with new sprites
Innate: Float, Undead  Immune: Dead, Blood Suck, Death Sentence

Abilities:

Death
Drain Life
Osmose
Dark Holy
Manipulate - Add: Invite to Undead
Decay - Add: Undead, Poison, Slow

Absorb Used Mp
Damage Split
Float

Skillset Changes

- Basic Skill

Added:
First Aid - heals HP 1 target
Desperation - does increased damage to target 50% to self
Gained EXP-UP
Equip Change

Removed:
Equip Axe
Monster Skill
Defend

- Item

Changed:
Potion - 50 hp
Hi-Potion - 100 hp
X-Potion - 200 hp
Ether - 30 mp
Hi Ether - 70 mp
Antidote changed to Venom adds: poison
Eye Drop changed to Black Ink adds: blind
Echo Grass changed to Silencer adds: silence

Removed:
Equip Change
Maintenance

- Battle Skill

Added:
Guard - adds: defending and regen to surrounding units
Speed Ruin
Magic Ruin
Power Ruin
Mind Ruin
Shock
Caution
Defense Up

Removed:
Speed Break
Mind Break
Magic Break
Power Break
Head Break
Armor Break
Weapon Break
Shield Break
Weapon Guard

- Charge --> Hunting (changes in New Jobs section)

- Punch Art

Added:
Blade Grasp
Attack Up

Removed:
Move HP-Up
Hamedo

- White Magic

Added:
Wish
Distribute
Move-HP Up

- Black Magic

Added:
Catastrophe - Ultimate Black magic

Removed:
Frog
Death
Poison

- Time Magic

Added:
Returnga

Removed:
MP Switch
Float

- Summon Magic (no changes)

- Steal

Added:
Quick Attack - attack with a chance to add: slow
Speed Save
Concentrate
Maintenance

Removed:
Caution
Catch
Secret Hunt

- Talk Skill

Added:
Monster Skill

Removed:
Train

- Ying-Yang Magic

Added:
Poison
Frog
Charge - adds mp to self
MA Save
Face Up

Removed:
Drain Life
Osmose
Absorb Used MP
Defense Up
Any Weather

- Elemental

Added:
Equip Axe
Any Weather

Removed:
Attack Up

- Jump

Added:
A Save

Removed:
Level Jump3
Level Jump6
Vertical Jump3
Vertical Jump5
Vertical Jump6
Vertical Jump7

- Draw Out

Added:
Brave Up
Hamedo

Removed:
Blade Grasp
Move in Water

- Throw

Added:
Move +3

- Necromancy (see New Jobs)

- Sing

Added:
MP Switch

Removed:
Cheer Song
MA Save
Face Up
Move +3

- Dance

Added:
MP Switch

Removed:
Slow Dance
A Save
Brave Up
Jump +3

Other skillsets have changed but I will leave you to learn the changes for any unique skillsets.

Items & Equipment

Many changes have been made to weapons especially.
- No more Innate Haste or Reraise items
- Weapon damage, stats, attributes have been balanced so no set of weapons totally outclasses others
- Rare, Ultimate weapons have added bonuses across all weapon classes to make them more unique than their counter parts
- Knives all add speed
- Knight Swords all are forced 2 hands and toned down damage
- Axes always add their respective status change and are no longer random damage any more
- Flails do consistent damage
- Guns have increased range
- Crossbows have all increased in weapon power
- Bows have a slight increase in range
- Harps all add a status change 100% of the time
- Some books have added attributes or add a status change
- All bags cast some sort of spell or ability
- There are many other changes but they can be seen through playing the game or the text edits

ENTD Changes
- All random battles have either been changed slightly or drastically, with a few battles not changed at all (maybe 5-10) in terms of enemies, equipment they use
- All story battles have enemies your party level so overleveling is discouraged and there have been similar changes to enemies, equipment and war trophies
- All guests don't appear in your party anymore and just appear in the battle with the exception of Beowulf

Status Effects
- Poison stays on until removed
- Berserk stays on for a limited amount of time
- Don't Move, Don't Act, Slow all last as long as Haste does

Monsters
- Across the bored monsters have new skills, innate abilities and reaction abilities
- Poachable Items have changed
- Stronger versions of monsters will appear more frequently

Miscellaneous Changes
- Counter Flood works on many more things
- Equip Sword: Equip sword and knight sword
- Equip Bow: Equip bow and cross bow
- Equip Knife --> Equip Katana: Equip Katana and Ninja Sword
- Requires Sword: Requires Sword, Katana, Ninja Sword, Knight Sword
- Job Requirements and JP Required have been changed
- Brave and Faith changing is intact where Brave up and Face Up are the only ways to increase them but no way to decrease them
- Faith of target no longer affects damage and accuracy of spells making spells much more powerful
- Blade grasp only works against swords and knight swords
- CT has been reduced across the bored for Magic with changes to damage multipliers and MP accordingly
- JP scroll glitch removed
- All Characters names can be changed and unique characters can go on propositions
- Chance to get rare items from poaching has increased
- You start out with 10000 gil now
- Broken/Stolen Items can be bought back at Fur Shop
- All Draw Out skills have a 10% chance of breaking
- Defending reduces damage by 25%
- Float weak against wind and oil weak against fire
- Mighty sword can hit monsters
- Sword skills can be evaded and have mp costs
- Undead only receive 25% damage from Pheonix Downs
- Innate Weapon Guard for all
- Global Class Evasion
- Gained XP is divided by 2
- 2 new unique characters added as Cadets in Ch 1 with unique skillsets
- There have been many more changes, in terms of innate status/abilities for jobs and changes to abilities not mentioned here as well

I would like to thank melonhead for a great set of programs, zodiac for a site with a community dedicated to hacking one of the greatest games ever made.

Special thanks goes to Razele for his great asm hacks, as well as everyone who helped me figure out the issues I was having with animations and inserting my new sprites. I'd also like to thank the community as a whole because some of your sprites and ideas inspired changes to this patch.

I hope whomever plays it enjoys it and please provide feedback.

One last thing, the Sephiroth and Vincent sprites from FF7 are both Type 2 sprites so if you want to change that on the custom sprites page Zodiac this is just a heads up as they are mislabled at the moment.

Edit: Updated attachment with new .ppf file. Anyone who started this patch earlier will need to start over because of the changes I've made to the shops as well as one of the characters you get in the 1st chapter.

Extra Changes:

- Added Defend Innate All
- Undead randomly reraise after dying but never change to crystals or treasure

Known Bugs:

- "Zack" sprite character does enemy gaffy's actions in the two fights you fight him in after he turns on you so don't use that character in those fights.

- Ranger, Deadly Sniper, both have moves that show damage or status 2x instead of once.

- Deadly Sniper portrait doesn't show the black colors in formation or battle formation.

Bug Fixes:

- "Zack" sprite works fine while gaffy is on your team.
- Head Shot works properly now.

Dome

April 28, 2009, 01:11:25 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Well done patch, I've started it right now.
I'll let you know if there are bugs-typo etc xD
This portrait that you get in team menu is strange...but in-battle is fine.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3240/n ... bitmap.png

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Zalge

April 28, 2009, 04:02:15 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
IMO First aid sounds like it could be abused to hell as an easy way to train your characters.
However, I'll play it anyway.

Goomba

April 28, 2009, 04:49:36 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Good job on the patch.

Kourama

April 28, 2009, 05:12:59 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Quote from: "Dome"Well done patch, I've started it right now.
I'll let you know if there are bugs-typo etc xD
This portrait that you get in team menu is strange...but in-battle is fine.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3240/n ... bitmap.png

Yeah I know about that already, not sure what's causing it but looking into it. Zozma thought it was the first color being black in the palette, but it isn't so still trying to figure it out.

Quote from: "Zalge"IMO First aid sounds like it could be abused to hell as an easy way to train your characters.
However, I'll play it anyway.

Well play the game and let me know.

Dome

April 28, 2009, 06:42:16 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Bug:
Water shot with the deadly sniper shows 2 times the damage (using a bow gun)

Zalge

April 28, 2009, 07:43:20 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Quote from: "Kourama"Well play the game and let me know.
Well, does it take any MP to use? If so, then it couldn't be abused that much.
Otherwise, all you would have to do is reduce an enemy's HP to critical, kill all the others, and then either surround it or chicken it then have your characters keep using first aid until they level up. And they could do it even again after that. Its how I normally train my characters, except using first aid only heals 1 HP and can therefore be abused to hell, as 2 characters need to get hit a couple times to deal a fair amount of damage then they and the other characters just have to keep using first aid to heal each other. However, this is only if it doesn't take any MP. W/ MP usage, it would still be abused, but not as much.[/quote]

Kourama

April 28, 2009, 08:10:03 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Quote from: "Zalge"
Quote from: "Kourama"Well play the game and let me know.
Well, does it take any MP to use? If so, then it couldn't be abused that much.
Otherwise, all you would have to do is reduce an enemy's HP to critical, kill all the others, and then either surround it or chicken it then have your characters keep using first aid until they level up. And they could do it even again after that. Its how I normally train my characters, except using first aid only heals 1 HP and can therefore be abused to hell, as 2 characters need to get hit a couple times to deal a fair amount of damage then they and the other characters just have to keep using first aid to heal each other. However, this is only if it doesn't take any MP. W/ MP usage, it would still be abused, but not as much.

If you are looking to abuse the game in my patch its not going to be overtly difficult. I didn't make the patch to be ultra balanced. I made it to have some differences than than the original but with changes that my brother and I liked. If you can't help to abuse job/ability systems in the game, then that's on you.

Move-MP Up + MP Switch is still in the game, Brave/Faith modification is still in the game, if you don't want to play the patch because there are things that still can be abused then don't. I understand the basis of your criticism but I don't understand why you are making it if you haven't played the patch and since the patch wasn't made to take out all abuse able combinations. Basically I'm confused as to what you are really trying to point out or prove.

Zalge

April 28, 2009, 08:28:39 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
All I'm really trying to say is that First Aid just gives the player a BY FAR easier way to train their characters to be uber without even trying.

LastingDawn

April 28, 2009, 08:50:55 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Party Level is set, Zalge, therefore level as much as you like, it won't do much good, there's always ways around breaking any system, ever use Accumulate 100 times in a battle to "train characters to be uber without even trying."? It is still less broken then vanilla's system.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Goomba

April 28, 2009, 09:02:32 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Why would the mod maker try and police what the player does to level in this game when levels really don't give you any real advantage? The player's lack of self control is out of his hands since you can always do something to get EXP.

Oh, look. I'm hitting my own units over and over again and healing them. You shouldn't be able to hit your party members, then, because it's abusable. You could level too fast.

If you play this patch you'll see that the enemies have party level+ random and random equipment.

Leveling up is to your detriment here. Weapon shops don't scale with the enemies so you're always behind.

Kourama

April 28, 2009, 11:23:59 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Quote from: "Dome"Bug:
Water shot with the deadly sniper shows 2 times the damage (using a bow gun)

Yeah that, the Ranger abilities and the other elemental shots that deadly sniper have do that too so I'm going to have to find away around that.

By the way thank you LD and Goomba. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Zalge's issue odd.

Now Zalge, if you want to play my path without First Aid I would be more than happy to give you the fftpatcher file I have so you can use it on your own patch. If you want to help, which is what your comments on First Aid were an attempt to, then if you knew what hex editing or offsets I need to look at in battle.bin to fix the bugs that Dome posted would be great.

dwib

April 29, 2009, 01:01:24 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Frankly, this patch seems more like a personal project that is respectable because it has actually been worked on quite a bit and it has some good ideas in it. It's not a community effort like mercenaries so if you don't want to abuse a skill, don't abuse it. If you want to, do it. No one cares.

Good work Kourama

Dome

April 29, 2009, 03:38:21 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "dwib"Frankly, this patch seems more like a personal project that is respectable because it has actually been worked on quite a bit and it has some good ideas in it. It's not a community effort like mercenaries so if you don't want to abuse a skill, don't abuse it. If you want to, do it. No one cares.

Good work Kourama
I agree with the Byblos guy
Good work Kourama!
P.s: Btw, what does silent walk do?

Dormin Jake

April 29, 2009, 12:31:43 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "Dome"Btw, what does silent walk do?
Silent Walk allows you to walk on trap panels without triggering the trap.

Interesting looking patch!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Dome

April 29, 2009, 02:38:44 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Head shot of the deadly sniper have the display effect of cura (but it does damage)...is this a wanted thing?
And it does not show the dead status when you click on the enemy...is this a bug?
Edit
Dorter II
This is Gafgarion
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gafgarionh.png
The same happened to Agrias...
And the bushido guy (I called him Zack xD) talked instead of Gafgarion
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2646 ... garion.png

Kourama

April 29, 2009, 07:45:50 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Quote from: "Dome"Head shot of the deadly sniper have the display effect of cura (but it does damage)...is this a wanted thing?
And it does not show the dead status when you click on the enemy...is this a bug?
Edit
Dorter II
This is Gafgarion
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gafgarionh.png
The same happened to Agrias...
And the bushido guy (I called him Zack xD) talked instead of Gafgarion
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2646 ... garion.png

Hmm that's wierd and yeah I know about the Head Shot thing with cura effect ... turns out quick bloody strike = cura effect. Don't know why the dead status isn't showing. Is it showing any status? If it is showing just one status then it is working fine.

Dome

April 30, 2009, 03:55:15 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
No status is showing at all xD
If and when you will release a new version I will keep on with the testing ^_^

Kourama

May 01, 2009, 08:52:07 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
It might be a while before I release a new version, maybe 1-2 weeks. Busy with RL stuff but I appreciate you testing it and posting the bugs.

Dome

May 02, 2009, 03:23:08 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Kourama"It might be a while before I release a new version, maybe 1-2 weeks. Busy with RL stuff but I appreciate you testing it and posting the bugs.
No problem ;P
I like your patch and I can wait a bit