• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:45:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Is there demand for ffta2 ar modifiers these days?

Started by christianbw, June 17, 2018, 05:09:26 am

christianbw

Hey, Ive been gathering ffta2 valuea for various things like job, race, job name, help text, names up to hex values of 308, as well as a few other things mainly to be used with character modifier codes. Im not at my PC right now, but am just seeing if anyone would actually need all this info, or is this game dead?

I have also created various codes for those people who dont want illegal passive or reaction abilities on their dudes when they use them. (ie. Specific hume, bangaa, nu mou codes)

If anyone wants it, ill share my findings and creationz.

P.s. some is just for organization and to make the lists that were and are floating aeound out there look prettier and more organized.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: christianbw on June 17, 2018, 05:09:26 am
Hey, Ive been gathering ffta2 valuea for various things like job, race, job name, help text, names up to hex values of 308, as well as a few other things mainly to be used with character modifier codes. Im not at my PC right now, but am just seeing if anyone would actually need all this info, or is this game dead?

I have also created various codes for those people who dont want illegal passive or reaction abilities on their dudes when they use them. (ie. Specific hume, bangaa, nu mou codes)

If anyone wants it, ill share my findings and creationz.

P.s. some is just for organization and to make the lists that were and are floating aeound out there look prettier and more organized.

Codes?

Edit: Nevermind i read the small "ar" on the topic post, i wouldn't mind them tbh, but i think people would prefer stuff being handle automatically like editors and such for mods instead of manually inputting something.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

christianbw

Precisely. I have an action replay and physical copy of the game.

Im not familiar with lennarts programs, but they seem to use similar value lists. Please correct me if im wrong.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: christianbw on June 17, 2018, 05:13:13 am

Im not familiar with lennarts programs, but they seem to use similar value lists. Please correct me if im wrong.

Chances are i think the editors do, but only for stuff that is already found and settled in the editor, other stuff in the game that modders try to do end up using a Hex editor to try and change values and stuff.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

christianbw

Quote from: christianbw on June 17, 2018, 05:13:13 am

Im currently learning c++. How hard would it he to make a program that uses values to make codes? Id want to have stuff lke drop down menus so people can choose jabilities for each race based on what is actually usable. Also a little name spot.
Or are codes just not the route to go?

DeSgeretjin

Quote from: christianbw on June 17, 2018, 01:09:39 pm
Im currently learning c++. How hard would it he to make a program that uses values to make codes? Id want to have stuff lke drop down menus so people can choose jabilities for each race based on what is actually usable. Also a little name spot.
Or are codes just not the route to go?

If you're talking about actual rom modding, there's already tools for that.
If you're talking about modifying values in game, it'd be easier just to use cheat engine.