• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:55:58 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Plus: Any point?

Started by Magic Gladii, January 24, 2017, 10:20:19 pm

Magic Gladii

I've read in a few places that Dome will not be adding any more to FFT Plus or fixing (possibly fatal) bugs at all in the future (thus the thread being archived). If this is true, is there any point in investing time in the patch? Or will I just run into a game breaking bug after a few hours in and not be able to continue...

I know its an older patch, but it was the first one that I looked at when I looked at the 'Patches' page off the main site since i hadn't played the game in years. I will definitely check out other patches in the meantime (probably start with KO 2.6).

Thanks.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

Yeah that's about it. There's just too much broken about it, and Dome doesn't seem to be around to fix it so don't waste your time.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Magic Gladii

Well alright then, any suggestions for patches like it? Or do I stick with KO 2.6

Andrew

Hello, Magic Gladii!  I recommend sticking to KO, as it doesn't deviate too much from the vanilla experience in terms of content and overall difficulty.

If you want to continue experiencing the vanilla story/setting, but don't mind significant changes made to equipment, jobs, and what-not, Celdia's Complete Patch (CCP) or Monster Tactics are great choices (the latter being pretty difficult in comparison to vanilla, though).

Call to Power and Journey of the Five (Jot5) are basically new games: not only do they have different settings/characters/jobs/whatever, but are also more difficult than vanilla, as well.  Jot5 only has its first chapter complete, though, (it's been like this for 3-4 years now) but a lot of time and effort went into it, and it definitely shows.

Regardless of which you play, I hope that you enjoy yourself!

Welcome to FFH.

Magic Gladii

Thanks!

Lately I've been messing arround with the FFT .iso editors. Made a few changes to balance things, make the game more dificult for myself.  (Although my changes to Ramza made him a little OP :P)  Very much appreciate not needing to manually edit in hex.

Eternal

Hey Magic, welcome to FFH! I created FFT KO, so I'm obviously biased, but if you do happen to end up playing it, please leave feedback in the thread. I love hearing back from players and improving the experience! :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817