• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:55:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Map Editor: Ganesha v0.75

Started by Twinees, September 07, 2016, 10:48:43 am

Twinees

September 07, 2016, 10:48:43 am Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 09:14:51 pm by Nyzer
Jumza:

Ganesha v0.75 is hErE!!

Once again, credit to Gomtuu for creating Ganesha and Twinees for doing past updates.
Credit again to Garmichael for working on more features and sending in bug fixes for his work from the last update!!
And of course, thanks to the community for testing things out and suggesting new features!

Here is the README update from v0.75:
- (Garmichael) Fixed an issue with importing palettes where Ganesha would only read part of the file
- (Garmichael) Changed palette editing window from having an Alpha slider to having a checkbox
- (Garmichael) You can no longer manipulate the sliders in the palette edit window with nothing selected
- Multi-Terrain Editing window is no longer able to edit Polygons, and should not result in more crashes
- Multi-Terrain Editing window is now able to properly apply Flat 0 and Natural Surface to multiple tiles at once
- Multi-Terrain Editing window will no longer set tiles to Convex NW when no slope type is selected
- Fixed a bug where using a hotkey with nothing selected would cause a crash
- (Garmichael) Added all polygons in map list to the Polygon edit window
- Camera panning has been added, use Alt-Right Click / Mouse-Wheel Click and drag

Not a huge update this time, but the frequently requested Camera Panning feature is here!
Garmichael has been putting in work on Ganesha (as you can see) so make sure you send him some thanks as well :)

Ganesha v0.75 Download

The download / install process remains the same as above, but this time I've only included the folder that has to be replaced in the ganesha-0.60 folder.

(Ganesha is also on github! If you have suggestions and/or bug reports, please note them on the Issues page of the project here: https://github.com/JustinMarshall98/Ganesha or send me a private message on the site, or join our Discord and reach out to us there!)

Twinees:

Hey everyone. A couple of months ago I decided to have a look at the source code for Ganesha (original program made by Gomtuu) and see if I could fix any of the underlying problems, but mainly my goal was to add colour. Well, I finished that after a couple of days, and added a couple of new features. And now I'm finally uploading it after several requests.

Ganesha is now in COLOUR!

The only downside to the program now being in colour is the loading and import speed. Currently it will lag a fair bit, due to my dodgy implementation of code, however it was and still is the only way I can think of implementing it. But in the long run it saves much more time having to continuously import, or test ingame or with map2gl!

While I was there, I decided to implement some other functions as well.

Some of the new features in Ganesha 0.72:
  • Did I mention colour?
  • It is now possible to move the entire map in one button press (note: do not move into negative zones due to terrain values!). Simply press 'u' to open the menu
  • Rotate Face and Rotate about Vertex buttons in the polygon edit window
  • Fixed layout, per request
  • Added -20 and +20 buttons for the UV movement, per request

Well, I hope you like the new Ganesha. It was a lot of effort but definitely worth it! Enjoy  :cool:

Download Ganesha 0.72 HERE

Installation instructions:
        Step 1: Follow all steps HERE
        Step 2: Unzip ganesha-0.72.rar
        Step 3: Copy the folder inside ganesha-0.72 called ganesha-0.6 (I did not change the name of this folder for a reason! Leave it as ganesha-0.6).
        Step 4: Paste it to the location of ganesha-0.6 (The normal location is most likely Program Files) and let it overwrite the files!

And done, you should be able to run Ganesha normally through the shortcut that was made during your initial installation (hence why we don't change the folder name ;))

Lastly a big thanks to Gomtuu for creating the vanilla program that I was able to slightly decipher and get something more out of it. All props to you!
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

nitwit

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Jumza

February 28, 2021, 07:30:54 pm #4 Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:40:31 pm by Jumza
It's update time! Welcome to Ganesha 0.73!

I've added a few more features / QOL updates, and have a to-do list for myself or anyone else that may take up Ganesha development in the future.

Major credit / kudos of course to Gomtuu for originally creating Ganesha, and Twinees for adding in COLOUR and features as noted in his above post.

New in v0.73
  • Added the ability to select / unselect multiple polygons at once for mass editing / deleting
  • Added hotkeys for adjusting X (+-28), Z (+-28), Y (+-12), and deleting polygons in the map viewer
  • Added rotate vertex buttons in relation to two more planes (Just XZ in v0.70, now XZ, XY, ZY rotation possible)
  • Added new 'settings' window with a legend for what every button does (Escape)
  • Lighting and Palette textboxes now accept typed entries
  • Fixed Lighting Elevation range from being bound [0,90] to [-90,90]

Still to-do:
  • A better way to select UV for tiles(Option to move on the sheet, like X and Y +/-, or a mouse click!)
  • Current map state display (Day/night/ect) display
  • Duplicating black textureless polygons and then saving causes Ganesha to crash
  • Setting map tile dimensions to [0,0] and then saving crashes Ganesha and makes your map unable to be opened
  • Delete Elric (as per Kokojo's request)
  • Other user suggested features people post in this topic!

I did pretty limited testing, the only issue I know of right now is that while doing multi-selection, you can unselect a selected polygon by clicking it again UNLESS it is a black no texture polygon. Your cursor will kind of 'pierce' it, and select any unsuspecting polygons that are behind it.

Download Ganesha V0.73 here

The installation process remains the same as in Twinees' original post above.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Jumza

March 08, 2021, 02:50:44 pm #5 Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:53:38 am by Jumza
Ganesha v0.74 is HERE!
MORE features, MORE QOL updates! (More bugs discovered!!)

Once again, credit to Gomtuu for creating Ganesha and Twinees for doing past updates.
This time, major props and credit goes to Garmichael for creating the Palette Import / Export feature!
And thanks to the community for testing things out and suggesting new features :)

Ganesha is also on Github now! Come suggest new features or notify me of bugs in the Issues section
https://github.com/JustinMarshall98/Ganesha

Here's the README update from v0.74:
- Fixed the Saving a [0,0] tile Map Bug and capped the max tile count at 256. Any side of the map must be between 1 and 255 tiles.
- Fixed UV to be bound to values between [0,255] to prevent crashing
- Fixed bug where copying black polygons would cause Ganesha to crash while saving
- Polygons without a D point can no longer "rotate" around it
- Polygons and tiles will remain green after being moved with hotkeys
- Polygons and tiles can correctly no longer be selected together
- XYZ colour in polygon editing window now match XYZ axis colours in the map viewer
- Import / Export function added to the palette window (ACT format). Credit to Garmichael for fully implementing this feature.
- Select all polygons / tiles with CTRL+A. Cycle through different terrain levels (or all tiles) by hitting ctrl+a repeatedly
- Added in height changing hotkeys for terrain tiles
- Added a new window for modifying many attributes of multiple terrain tiles at once (Hit tab with multiple tiles selected)
- Polygon editing window now has column-based Copy/Paste buttons for values
- Added in functionality for copying multiple polygons at once
- Added +1/-1 buttons for XYZ and UV
- Added Timestamp into console window when saving

New Bugs:
DO NOT select text in the console window and then attempt to perform any operation in Ganesha. It will crash and corrupt your map files. (You can thank Python for this one)

Once again, limited testing has been performed. Please give feedback if you find anything!

Ganesha v0.74 Download

The download / install process remains the same as above, but this time I've only included the folder that has to be replaced in the ganesha-0.60 folder. Eventually I will attempt to just create some kind of new installer or something to remove this process, but it's not a high priority right now.

EDIT: Updated the link as of 11:46pm same day as posting. Fixed several bugs, pertaining to Import Palette, hotkeys, and the multi-terrain edit window! Please download the latest version to save yourself from dealing with Ganesha crashes

EDIT 3/10/2021: Another bug: Attempting to apply Flat 0 to multiple tiles using the multi-terrain editor and then saving causes Ganesha to crash. It also does not actually apply flat 0 to those tiles. Other slope types do function correctly, but beware for now.

Jumza

Ganesha v0.75 is hErE!!

Credit again to Garmichael for working on more features and sending in bug fixes for his work from the last update!!
And of course, thanks to the community for testing things out and suggesting new features!

Here is the README update from v0.75:
- (Garmichael) Fixed an issue with importing palettes where Ganesha would only read part of the file
- (Garmichael) Changed palette editing window from having an Alpha slider to having a checkbox
- (Garmichael) You can no longer manipulate the sliders in the palette edit window with nothing selected
- Multi-Terrain Editing window is no longer able to edit Polygons, and should not result in more crashes
- Multi-Terrain Editing window is now able to properly apply Flat 0 and Natural Surface to multiple tiles at once
- Multi-Terrain Editing window will no longer set tiles to Convex NW when no slope type is selected
- Fixed a bug where using a hotkey with nothing selected would cause a crash
- (Garmichael) Added all polygons in map list to the Polygon edit window
- Camera panning has been added, use Alt-Right Click / Mouse-Wheel Click and drag

Not a huge update this time, but the frequently requested Camera Panning feature is here!
Garmichael has been putting in work on Ganesha (as you can see) so make sure you send him some thanks as well :)

Ganesha v0.75 Download

The download / install process remains the same as above, but this time I've only included the folder that has to be replaced in the ganesha-0.60 folder.

(Ganesha is also on github! If you have suggestions and/or bug reports, please note them on the Issues page of the project here: https://github.com/JustinMarshall98/Ganesha or send me a private message on the site, or join our Discord and reach out to us there!)