• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Monster Tactics

Started by Emmy, April 30, 2015, 10:27:20 am

Emmy

For those looking for the latest version of my patch, I attached it to this post. :) 
  • Modding version: PSX

Emmy

March 22, 2016, 10:24:11 am #21 Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:46:18 pm by Emmy
**Edit** 2.20 ready now! :)

Emmy

For those who are interested in my mod, it's now hosted here: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2921/

At this point, main thing I need is more ideas.  I have plenty of space for stuff that could be interesting, but I'm low on ideas for interesting battles that are different from what I've already done, new r/s/m abilities and formulas that I could reasonably code, etc.

azavier

is their a way to view the sprites you uses in shishi sprite editor? im trying to see but it never lets me.

IronJustice

This mod is one I remember well, it's the first one I installed and tried out.

The monsters of FFT always captured my imagination, it was one of the first games I ever played that allowed you to recruit non-human enemies like this, and its definitely one of the reasons I fell in love with this game. In my own mod I gave the monsters a lot of attention. So the idea of this mod focusing on them piqued my interest.

Nearly every ability in the game has received some change and there are many totally new ones. Lots of characters have super long lists of moves. That must have been an enormous undertaking and I am sure a great deal of love and care went into creating and balancing all of that. Sadly, it was a bit too intimidating for me when I first tried it. Having to click on the info for each ability seemed like a chore and I was a bit disappointed that the monsters I knew so well were (in some cases) unrecognizable from a gameplay perspective. I think that's more of a me issue than the game, and perhaps I wasn't the target demographic.

But either way, if you see this message, thanks for sharing your hard work with us!
FFT: Spirit of '98 is out and ready for testers!
  • Discord username: Ironjustice

JayP

Hello! New patch user here, and LOVING Monster Tactics so far. It's TOUGH in a really good way and the extra story battles are very cool!

There was a weird thing on a ramdom battle that I don't know if it's intentional, so I thioght I'd ask. There was an archer with... Voracity? The description says it heals for 1/4 of damage done, but every hit healed him for more than the damage done 😅 it made for a really good challenge, but was it intentional? Will it work the same way on my units or did I misread something?
  • Modding version: WotL

Murse_Jon

Just want to say I absolutely love this mod and I cannot imagine the work that went into it! It is a little too hard for me unfortunately, so I'm stuck a little around Elmdor or so, but I had a great time until now, but the last few battles I have had to save state cheese to get by them. I am sure I over leveled myself, I always tend to do that because I am impatient with getting abilities. I may just go back in the future and restart and try not to do any extra random battles.