• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:22:45 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How to make a Story Mod (WIP Tutorial)

Started by 3lric, December 28, 2011, 05:20:12 am

Nyzer

Here's how you can import a palette.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Arimala

Thanks for the quick response. Now I am stuck on:
11) Open the BMP in TIMUTIL.EXE
12) Convert to a 4bit TIM with translucent all but black & transparent black
13) Start "Bonus Bin Utility.exe", Select your BONUS.BIN file (must be extracted from you ISO), Then select your .TIM file, and hit save.
14) Import BONUS.BIN and enjoy!

I have windows 7 so I used timtool like choto said on page 6 i think it was, converted a file no problem.. after that I extracted the bonus.bin file from cdmage, but nothing happens when I hit open bonus.bin. It just acts like something happened .. I thought that was normal so I tried importing the .tim but I just get this error "error: Could not read file from disk. Original Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array"
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

You should be able to just use the latest shishi for this... it has every BONUS.BIN conditions on their own that you can individually extract and reimport.

https://github.com/Glain/FFTPatcher/releases/tag/v0.491
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Arimala

November 17, 2016, 11:19:58 am #123 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:46:07 pm by Arimala
Edit: Ok so this was just for editing the IMAGES of the winning conditions and not actually editing the winning conditions themselves, which I would have to do through the attack.out, xml editing, and changing all the display conditions for each event. Unless I am just completely mixed up, but it doesn't seem changing some images would do what I am looking to do..

DarthFutuza

@Elric  I wrote a partial brave story editing tutorial, if you want to add it/use it/correct it as part of your tutorials here.  There's probably some mistakes in it, and I didn't cover anything except for a very brief part of it (don't cover treasure, scenes, etc.) but you're welcome to use it if you think it'll help with that Brave Story tutorial that's coming soon™ :P  Also if anyone else see's any issues, let me know and I'll edit/fix it.