• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Troubleshooting FFTPatcher! (Post all FFTPatcher questions here!)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, December 10, 2012, 01:31:47 pm

Glain

The three values in the Animation tab are really just numbers, corresponding to certain IDs.  They don't represent a set of flags, so editing each bit individually makes no sense, and you can just edit the numbers directly in the textboxes.  The checkboxes were removed for that reason.

I'm pretty sure one of those numbers (the third?) is the ID of the quote that sometimes comes up when you use the corresponding ability, with 0 meaning no quote.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

They never should have been flags in the first place. Those are 3x 1 byte values.

I can't even begin to fathom why you'd want to use checkboxes, it's like trying to screw in a screw using a hammer. No one's going to stop you if that's what you want to do to thoughl it's not like the end values are different.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

Also, while we're on the subject, the post I quoted is my go-to when choosing ability or event animations.

Nizea

Yeah -- thanks, guys!  I get it.   :)

I understand that the checkboxes aren't actually flags, and I can see why one might want to remove them.  I would likely have done the same for sake of a smoother, less potentially misleading UI.  When I said I found them convenitent, I really just meant keystroke-saving convenient. I found it handy to be able to scroll between abilities and make changes I knew to be a couple bits difference without having to deal with keys.

Maybe I'm just the only one lazy enough to see it that way!  :roll:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who know binary, and those who don't.

Claid

Hello! I noticed this thread, and I was wondering if it is possible to change an ability such that it breaks equipment using FFTPatcher? Similar to the knight's Armor Break.

Nyzer

The abilities that target equipment have hardcoding that Patcher can't affect.

Zozma

I have a question about assigning animations to a skill with the "Animations" tab, not sure where to ask it
A long time ago I had made Barret's sprite, aim his Gun-Arm for the "defend" animation
the plan was to use this animation for his skills to make it look like he was using his built-in gun arm

But I cant find an instance of this animation in FFT patcher, does anyone know the animation? example "07 00 00" is used for sword skills
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Nyzer

Follow my quote link a few posts up. Raven provides a list in that topic.

Zozma

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, the animation works perfectly!
(try it with a skill effect like "dispose")
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Nyzer

Come to think of it, you'd probably do better to set Barret's crouching animation (0022 IIRC) to having the gun arm out. We already use that stance as the general aggressive/wary stance in Jot5, and it'll look more appropriate than using it as his defending stance.

ForestMagi

Sorry to pester everyone with this, but I'm having an issue with my items being loaded in a weird order in shops; specifically, the items (Potion through Phoenix Down) are listed in the opposite order as they're listed in FFTPatcher (that is, they start with Phoenix Down at the top and end with Potion at the bottom). I don't think it's just a naming issue, as they have the proper sprites and names in the shop and the Item skill is using the correct item. All other items in the shop (Weapons, Armor, and Accessories) are all listed in FFTPatcher order, and they are showing in FFTPatcher's "Shop Inventories" tab in the correct order, so I'm not sure what I might have done to mess this up.

I tried to search for a fix for this, but came up with nothing, so apologies if there's a simple answer and I'm just being dumb and/or failing at using the search function.

Raijinili

It's not an FFTPatcher question. Probably should've just made a new topic.

I suspect it has nothing to do with the patch.
1. Try to load the save with a clean ISO.
2. Try a new game on the patched ISO.

If you still think it's the patch, here are the next steps:
- Look at what ASM hacks you're using.
- Look at FFTPatcher's Items tab and see if there are any changes there.

But the first test should solve your issue, and eventually you'll figure out that shop items are sorted by type and then by price (descending), even in Vanilla.

ForestMagi

Oh, so I was being SUPER dumb. (My words, not yours.) I didn't even think to check how vanilla sorted them before thinking something had gone wrong; they're in the correct order based on that criteria. Sorry for wasting your time, I should have checked that first, but thank you for telling me. I'll be more diligent about testing in future. :)

Galebolg

I'm trying to add certain characters through ENTD but when I check the join after event box, nothing happens, like after Zieke Falls, I have Ovilia tring to join but she does as a guest but not playable character. Any help on how to add them?
  • Modding version: WotL

3lric

Quote from: Galebolg on September 12, 2020, 04:55:24 pmI'm trying to add certain characters through ENTD but when I check the join after event box, nothing happens, like after Zieke Falls, I have Ovilia tring to join but she does as a guest but not playable character. Any help on how to add them?

This is not the right place for this as it is not a bug, but rather a lack of understanding on how events work... An event has to have a specific set of commands at the end of it for a unit to even be able to join up. In the future make a new thread in the help section...

darkskyx

Maybe this is not an error, but when I try to add more actions/skills than usual weird things happen in the ISO with this tool. How do I know I'm at the "right skills sets" or "right actions" for basic Jobs? Because I know there is a limit... I know it's a very dumb question. Maybe this tool could include a way to know that for dumbs like me.
Also, I don't know also what some "unknown" means (or those blank spaces are for), but I'm not touching that.

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Ramza Stan

Apologies if this is the wrong spot, as this is an FFTacText question (But it was included in the "FFTPatcher Suite so I thought it might fall under the same umbrella) but I am having one issue with FFTacText that I wasn't able to find anything on.  Simply, my changes didn't do anything.  I changed various ability names and such, cleared out the Japanese text because I was getting a DTE error, and then finally the text patch was successful.  Then I went and booted up my save file and... none of the names were changed.  I imported my ISO to the text editor and it shows the changes as applied, yet the changes are not reflected in-game.  The file I loaded was right at the start of the Gariland battle, IDK if that means anything, I don't see how it would though as the data for the old names shouldn't even be there anymore?

What I'm doing is a modded version of FFT 1.3, I took 1.3 and made some tweaks, saved it as a separate patch, and patched it to a fresh ISO, and did the exact same thing for the text.  Just in case that matters for anything.

EDIT: Um, nevermind, I'm just dumb.  I patched the text to the backup of my mod in another folder, not the one I'm actually running with my emulator...

CloudsOverFF

I think I'm asking on the right place. Playing PSX ISO
I am trying to make custom weapons. I made a gun using graphic 2d, pallette 5 I think. It looks right in the inventory, and it functions exactly as I made it to, however, the in-battle graphic when the character actually uses it has the appearance of the longbow when fired. Not sure how to make it actually look like a gun-- any thoughts?

Ansehelm

Quote from: CloudsOverFF on March 02, 2021, 03:39:21 pmI think I'm asking on the right place. Playing PSX ISO
I am trying to make custom weapons. I made a gun using graphic 2d, pallette 5 I think. It looks right in the inventory, and it functions exactly as I made it to, however, the in-battle graphic when the character actually uses it has the appearance of the longbow when fired. Not sure how to make it actually look like a gun-- any thoughts?

In the future I might recommend posting this in the general "help" questions section (after searching the forums for similar questions), since this doesn't have anything to do with fftpatcher (although I understand why you might think it does).  In-battle graphics need to be changed with Raven's Weapon Battle Sprites spreadsheet, and applied as an ASM.

I asked this question once upon a time:
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11728

Mustardio

Anyone have any suggestions on how to flag bombs as items for chemist throw item use?

I was messing around with FFTPatcher and can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried

Abilities -> 0189 Bomb -> Item
Items -> 7D/7E/7F Flameburst / Snowmelt / Spark Bombs -> Item Type -> None or Bomb
Skill Sets -> 06 Items -> 0189 Bomb in one of the empty slots
Jobs -> 4B Chemist -> Innate -> 0189 Bomb

I'm beginning to think its not possible. Alternatively does anyone know how I can convert one of the lesser used items into a bomb-like item and keep remedies as all-purposes status cure.