• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:40:44 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Reks

Quote from: Barren on January 11, 2016, 10:12:55 am
FFT Arena 1.39c - Reks (Unex-Spectors) vs Epic (Unholy Sandstorm)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Truelight (One Punch Man) vs dw6561 (Stream Team)

Yeah, I was already in the process of either changing or replacing them, given how... Poorly I designed some of the members. This one'll be taken down so I can actually put thought into it rather than try to be creative, and I'll put up a far more serious team soon.

Thanks for both matches, btw! They were helpful in at least showing that Healing Staffs are indeed the better choice for two speed-increasing weapons, even for something like Hawk's Eye (especially for, actually), that Dia Squires are not so stellar, and that Summoners are far too squishy for the close range of Spellbreaker. Alas, and GG Epic + DW
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Epic

Thanks, Barren, for this and past videos. Also, thank you to CT5Holy, Andrew, and White Knight Wiegraf, and anybody else who I forget to mention, for previous videos of past teams. Sorry I couldn't thank you sooner.

dw6561

I have been on a winning streak lately...GG. For Truelight I think not having any evasion hurt him there. Also salty rage monks seem limited since they can't get 4 move without move+1 (meaning no warpath), which is the same problem I saw on Reks' (Reks's?) team. That limits their usefulness somewhat since 4 move on a melee attacker is so important.

I was a little surprised my Monk didn't get into range right away though. Also I skimped out on stigma magic for refute (because it cures more statuses than esuna and the geo doesn't have any berserk protection), so he kept trying to refute the innocent in his "spare time".
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Reks

• Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on January 16, 2016, 01:23:41 pm
FFT Arena 1.39C - Reks (Tryhard Tryouts) vs. Dol (Last Song)

FFT Arena 1.39C - Barren (Top Four Classes of 1.39c) vs. Corosar (Dragon Summoners)

Now that was an improvement! i am very happy with the outcome of this fight definately.. .lots of ideas running through my head... like making that mage faster... to trying to make sure that they all stay up... the replacement of items with fairy carbunkle and moogle has definately shown how effective it was in my oppinion.. though i know i am open to status effect issues... that breaking of beserk though in the 3rd round... i think did me in fully GG barren!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

that third round was a lot of back and forth I'll give you credit, your team did a good job keeping up the offensive pressure with your bahamut's. Charm nearly did me in on my super fast undead thief but thankfully that didn't suffice. Also like you mentioned that steal accessory halted your wizard's offense which allowed me to double turn you until it was over. gg Corosar. You have nothing to be ashamed of at all. Great effort on your part
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

Hey guys I just want to make a announcement. I am going to start a new Youtube group channel with a bunch of my friends and my girlfriend playing a variety of different video games doing post commentary. The page was created last night and we plan on starting LPs very soon. While I am not retiring my solo channel, it may halt my activity on making FFT Arena videos for a while, if not longer.

I want to focus on other projects since my solo channel is mostly dedicated to FFT Arena with some other videos as well. I had an awesome time recording this tournament patch since 2010 and after nearly six years of recording arena matches (and botching words quite often much to my embrasement), it's about time for me to move on for a while. As far as being for FFT Arena tournaments, I'm still there in case people need me for them.

For those who tuned into my videos all these years and given me comments and feedback, I just want to say: Thank you. You guys are awesome! Here is a playlist of every FFT Arena match I ever recorded. I noticed too that I'm 25 matches off for doing a total of 1,000. In the future I may fill in that void to make it feel complete. Until then,enjoy this patch and its legacy which is still going today

FFT Arena and its legacy
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

Thanks for all the matches and good luck with the new channel. Hope you have a lot of fun doing it!

We will miss your commentary and help with teams.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

CT5Holy

Have fun with your new channel Barren, and don't forget about us too much!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Corosar

Take care barren... i will definately miss seeing you here as often!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

dw6561

Good luck with the new channel Barren! Hopefully you'll still come back and visit every now and then.

On that note, I have a working microphone now and can record matches this week, although I have pretty bad allergies at the moment. I may or may not actually do commentary as a result until I get better, but when it does happen you all can laugh at my awkwardness. :P
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Heroebal

Holy Matters looks familiar because originally I was setting it up as a sequel of sorts to the meatbone slash plus.. team. I was going to call it Meatbone Slash now comes with Holy!!! You're Welcome!, but the team ended up being mostly offense so mb slash didn't come into play often. I do think I need to adjust the team some more just in case the opposition is more undead especially if all the opponents can absorb/null holy.

Barren good luck with your new channel, I'll be sure checking it out. I've got some battle royal fft arena matches recorded. I wanna do something first for my local wrestling area first before their seasons done at the beginning of next month.

silentkaster

Any recorders have some free time coming up? Maybe we can send Barren off with a mini-marathon of all his teams in action?

I would help if I could :( but I can't unfortunately.

Gaignun

Thank you for your contributions, Barren!

It is important to constantly keep yourself engaged with new things.  Have fun!

Heroebal

How about something like this idea for the Barren mini-marathon:

1. Line up all of Barren's teams . He has ~10 teams plus he can add any of his older teams if he wants.
2. List arena participants and use RNG to see which participant will face each of Barren's teams. So Risk&Reward vs shintroy , anti-oil vs Reks, etc.
3. Barren picks 1~3 teams from each of the arena participants active list of teams that he would like to face. Then RNG to determine which of the 1~3 teams gets to face off against Barren's teams.

silentkaster

Personally, I think that's asking a lot of Barren since that would be having to look at potentially 30 teams.

Knowing him, he will be happy with any team he happens to face. So my vote is for the recorder to choose good match ups. Or I will do it if the recorder will step forward, I will choose the teams for him to fight and make sure they are good, strong match ups so all the recorder has to do is record.

But that's my vote. If Barren chimes in he can let us know for sure. If not, we can do whatever works best.

TrueLight

I'm actually in the middle of making a marathon edition of Barren's ten teams right now. I was going to surprise Barren and everyone, but it looks like the cats out of the bag now :). Should hopefully be up around the weekend if I don't run into any problems.

silentkaster

Quote from: TrueLight on January 20, 2016, 09:14:46 pm
I'm actually in the middle of making a marathon edition of Barren's ten teams right now. I was going to surprise Barren and everyone, but it looks like the cats out of the bag now :). Should hopefully be up around the weekend if I don't run into any problems.

Or, that. That works too, ha ha! Thanks TL!