• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:58:56 am

A.I. Q&A

Started by reinoe, October 15, 2012, 11:25:44 pm

reinoe

Quote from: Malroth on December 24, 2013, 12:33:56 am
Angel song goes off every 4 ticks 

A 8 Speed units alternates between 13 and 12 ticks per turn

A 9 speed unit takes 12 ticks for its first turn and then 11 ticks each for its next 9 turns

A 10 speed unit  takes 10 ticks per turn

an 11 speed unit takes 10 ticks for its first turn then 9 ticks each for its next 10 turns
12 speed takes 9 ticks for its first turn then 8 ticks for its next 2 turns

So an 8 speed unit will get 3 angel songs off between its turns unless it skips movement then only 2
a 9 speed unit will get 2 songs off between most turns with a small chance of a 3rd happening if movement happens every turn
a 10 speed unit will get 2 songs off between turns weither or not it moves
an 11 speed unit will get 2 songs off it moves but only 1 on turns it doesn't
12 speed can get off 2 songs only if it moves every turn

Excellent!  That is very helpful and confirms that my "Singing Maestro" should have 10 SP.  Thanks a lot, I appreciate that!! :D Could you (or someone else who's available) do the same analysis for Cheer/Battle Song/Magic Song?

Thanks
My dreams can come true!

Malroth

Life song has a CT of 6
Magic/nameless/battle song have a CT of 8
Cheer song/Last song have a CT of 10
8 speed units can get off 2 life songs and will rarely get off a 3rd if it always moves, It will get 1 battle song/magic off with a  chance of a 2nd if it never resets its song and moves every turn. it can get off 1 cheer song always

9 speed units can get off 2 life songs on most turns but can wind up with 1 on turns where movement has been skipped.  It gets 1 battle/magic song off on turns that it moves and can use cheer/last song if it always moves.

10 speed units can get off 1 life song weither or not it moves,  1 battle/magic song if it always moves and cannot effectively use cheer/last song without skipping turns to do so.

reinoe

Yes, 10 speed is the perfect speed.  One magic song and 2 angel songs.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

Here's a question for everyone: how do I get a ninja with hidden knife and repel knife do a head break? Does it have to be high brave? I'm going to try switching up some things on my change of pace team. maybe make it a tad bit faster??
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

You could try to give him lower brave (40-50 should be fine) so that he chooses Head Break over normal attacks. Just make sure that Head Break is the only break if you want to focus on breaking headgears.
  • Modding version: PSX

CT5Holy

I feel like Hidden Knife/Transparent status makes the AI a lot more aggressive -> prefers melee attacks -> less likely to use Head Break. I noticed this a looooooooooong time ago when Hidden Knife first gained Always: Transparent, my ninja went from using Arm Aim a lot to never.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Zareb

Quote from: Barren on February 20, 2014, 08:10:00 am
Here's a question for everyone: how do I get a ninja with hidden knife and repel knife do a head break? Does it have to be high brave? I'm going to try switching up some things on my change of pace team. maybe make it a tad bit faster??

Quote from: CT5Holy on February 24, 2014, 11:42:36 am
I feel like Hidden Knife/Transparent status makes the AI a lot more aggressive -> prefers melee attacks -> less likely to use Head Break. I noticed this a looooooooooong time ago when Hidden Knife first gained Always: Transparent, my ninja went from using Arm Aim a lot to never.

The AI considers 100% accuracy to be high-priority, especially if it affects damage-dealing.  It's probably best to leave the breaking to a unit that doesn't utilize 100% accuracy.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Andante49

Please forgive the necropost, didn't know where to post and not sure if it needed it's own topic.

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 Losers Match 20 - Reks vs Vigilanti

@6:45: The Paladin uses Transfusion to heal his two allies but doesn't pay the recoil damage afterwards. Is it because of the dead ally and/or the dead enemy in range? That he casts before moving? Some combination of Regen, Protect, and Shell?

I've tried to replicate it but, all my tests have come up empty. Any ideas or is it just one of those things?

Dokurider

Reposting FDC's Mime AI finding here:

QuoteAI Report (Mime Debrief):

1) If your mime has MP dependent skills, you entire team will not use quickening unless the entire enemy party is asleep or charmed or death sentenced.
2) Last Song will be mimicked ONLY IF no other action was mimicked after last song was cast.  In other words, if last song causes any unit (including the mime) to get a turn and make an action, the mime will "forget" to mimic last song.
3) If your mime is charging a spell and mimicks anything before completing the spell, the mime will not complete his spell because the act of mimicking deletes the charged spell's data while retaining "Charging" status.  I think this is why Square didn't let mimes have secondaries.

reinoe

Will a ninja as follows perform Kagesougi?

H Bag
H Bag
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Battle Boots

?????
My dreams can come true!

Shintroy

Quote from: reinoe on December 19, 2014, 04:53:11 pm
Will a ninja as follows perform Kagesougi?

H Bag
H Bag
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Battle Boots

?????

Although I can't test anything, I'm pretty sure the AI will only use low damaging abilities if it turns out to be ideal for a specific situation, or if it actually turns out to be their highest damaging option.

In your case, with H Bag and kagesougi, you get 45 pre brave and some status. Let's just say for now thst kagesougi is all your ninja has. That leaves him with regular bag whacks for 25 pre faith/brave against 45 kagesougi whacks. The AI will go for kagesougi in all cases since its high damage and status.

If the ninja is an item bot, and is up against a cursed ring unit then they'll most likely go for potion damage. If the ninja has a ton. Then it's likely to use tons over kagesougi. The only cases I'm aware of where the AI would go for a lower damaging ability is if its against say a charging spell caster. If the ninja could KO the caster with a ton then it'd go for the ton, if not then it would go for kagesougi for the status don't act, and silence.

That's just going by what I know though Reinoe. Hope it helps. I was making a White Magic Ninja for someone with an all ninja team to try using kagesougi nd the 2 MA bags and figured this all out.
Some day my people will be free.